The Mackems Game

Tooj

I thought we'd struggle to win anyway but if Barton/Owen are out i really can't see anyway in which we can win. Hope to f*** im proved wrong like

No Jonas either.

I can't see us getting anything from this game.

Jonas will be playing unless he's injured. He's not suspended, he misses the almost as equally important Albion game

How do you know that mate?

What it said on the commentary and they tend to know there stuff.

Guest Heneage

I thought we'd struggle to win anyway but if Barton/Owen are out i really can't see anyway in which we can win. Hope to f*** im proved wrong like

No Jonas either.

I can't see us getting anything from this game.

Jonas will be playing unless he's injured. He's not suspended, he misses the almost as equally important Albion game

How do you know that mate?

What it said on the commentary and they tend to know there stuff.

Just cheered me up a bit thanks.

who the hells gonna play?

harper

taylor  bassong  coloccini    enrique

jonas      geremi    butt      nzogbia

carroll    duff

the bench can be from:    krul    cacapa  edgar  lua lua  lovenkrands    xisco    ameobi    smith

physioroom says cacapa and ameobi will be ok. also, you'd have thought they'd try to rush martins back early for a game this important.

at least a few bodies should be back, despite losing the players with actual quality  :no:

Going into tonight I thought 'yeah lets have them', but after watching that I'm feeling dissapointed and cheated. The only offensive moves we offered were passes across the box and two shots that went high into the stands. There was little play infront of runners, movement into spaces and strength to nudge someone off the ball.

If the shite come and push us off the ball within the first 10 minutes, we do not have the mental power to stand up to them and do it back. Too many times tonight we jumped out the way of late challenges and stood up after late knocks. We not only need tactics to move forward but cleverness to utilise the opposition.

After being at the game tonight, I fear the worst in what is a must win game. As someone has previously said, this game could and quite easily decide our fate for this season :-(

We desperately need a win from somewhere.

Don't give a shit how we do it but we need to beat this lot on Sunday. Set-piece, dodgy penalty, own goal, deflected free-kick, something like that to give us something to build on.

Get in front and the crowd should see us home. Got to keep battling every week if we want to stay up. 

If you don't win, and go on to not beat West Brom, then I really fear the worst.  :sadnod:

We'll beat the mackems if we put the right team out and I'm not bothered if some of them are kids as long as we have players playing in positions which they are comfortable with.

The Sunderland game and the close of the transfer window could well spell the end of my close following of NUFC.

I just can't see us winning, and if we do, it'll be an ugly, skin-of-our-teeth affair.

What hope is there right now?  We have an owner with ZERO ambition, our top players either don't care or just get injured over and over again.  Shay is right, it's time to jump ship.  I love this club.  I adore the atmosphere, the fans, St James' is without rival in the Premier League for stirring up that feeling of excitement.

But guys, call me a coward, but this just hurts to much.  Seeing us roll over, the injuries come in, the decisions going against us, and seeing Clueless Kinnear backed by a Fat Man with no ambition just breaks my heart.

We'll not lose at SJP to the Mackems, if we do, it'll be the end.  If we don't sign at least two more players this window, I'm just gonna stop.  Sell the rest of my season ticket and find another club to follow casually.  I can't wait for the kids to come through and hopefully soon Newcastle will return to pride, and I'll be there.  But, like Shay, I love the club but cannot continue with it right now.

You know it's going too far when you sit in the whole night, distraught and depressed cause of the situation.  Mike Ashley: when will you understand that your wallet more than cash?  It holds the keys to the hearts of a people.

I never thought I'd see Given leave.  I never thought I'd see us show this little ambition.  It's like we're trying to get relegated.  I considered that maybe relegation would be beneficial, but it wouldn't.  The only way to save the club is for Ashley to step aside to someone who truly cares, and 'gets it' and get a quality manager in.  And switch that damned training ground.  Will that happen?  No.  So why stick around and endure the pain?  Like I said, where is the hope?

I know I'll never be able to support another team the way I do Newcastle, but I think I might root for Villa for a while.  It's great to see a genuine, passionate team pushing at the top with average players just playing football without massive financial backing.  They're everything we should be.  

Sheppard, Ashley, Llambias, Wise, Souness, Allardyce, Guillet and, yes, Keegan's second coming.  It's destroyed the pride from Robson's tenure.  Destroyed it.

I just can't pretend like I support it any longer.  NUFC, I will support to the day I die and shout my heart out for any player donning the shirt who truly cares.  But this club stinks to the core of poor management and corruption.  

As for the Mackem game, I predict 1-2.

Duff - Jones, Richardson

Injuries: Bassong, Jonas will get injured. (Laugh, but I feckin' predicted Barton's injury before tonight's match.)

Sorry for the depression, just had to clear my head.

If you don't win, and go on to not beat West Brom, then I really fear the worst.  :sadnod:

Have to agree. Two vital games.

How many times have we said that in the last few months?

Too many, and how many times have we got a result? Not enough.

From the outside though the key thing is in the past, Newcastle have got through this game, not usually with a performance but with a bit of passion, be it snappy tackling, a quick start.

I'm not as certain that this passon will be there on Sunday. Hope I'm wrong.

From the outside though the key thing is in the past, Newcastle have got through this game, not usually with a performance but with a bit of passion, be it snappy tackling, a quick start.

I'm not as certain that this passon will be there on Sunday. Hope I'm wrong.

The fans will have the passion for this game, I'd say we'll be more reilled up than usual considering our current situation, but whether or it's going to pass on to the players is another question.