The Mackems Game

Tooj

Bit more about the above:

El-Hadji Diouf was offloaded by Sunderland to Blackburn yesterday after a furious dressing-room bust-up in which he threatened to ‘do’ teammate Anton Ferdinand.

The controversial 28-year-old flew into a rage after Tuesday night’s 1-0 home win over Fulham and stunned team-mates with a tirade against Ferdinand. It is understood that Diouf made disparaging remarks about the Sunderland side soon after the final

whistle and claimed he could not work out how he had been left out by manager Ricky Sbragia.

Ferdinand evidently responded by suggesting it was a reflection of his own shortcomings and Diouf immediately launched himself at the former West Ham centre back.

According to Sunderland insiders, the notoriously hot-headed striker ‘lost it completely’ and threatened Ferdinand with physical harm by warning him: ‘I’ll do you.’

Sunderland had resisted an earlier Blackburn bid for Diouf but had a change of heart after the midweek altercation and were said to be relieved at seeing the £2.8million deal go through.

Remarkably, it is not the first time he has squared up to a team-mate and caused ructions at the club. After a recent heavy defeat, Sbragia claimed some players were not giving their all.

Diouf has now followed Pascal Chimbonda, another player whose conduct has been questioned, out of the door and it is understood Sunderland will be concentrating any future recruitment drive on British players.

Even Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce hinted there may have been trouble behind the scenes involving Diouf, but stressed he would not tolerate any indiscipline.

‘I don’t want him getting into problems like he’s had in the past,’ said Allardyce, who worked with the forward at Bolton. ‘I know how frustrated he gets when he is not playing.

He can be difficult, but if you want talented players, they can’t always be angels. I know what makes him tick.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1132803/Ditched-Sunderland-sell-Diouf-Blackburn-threatens-team-mate-Ferdinand.html

With Pascal & El-Hadj leaving, I cant see Cisse wanting to stick around at SOL.  Cisse has a gaff in Ponteland, a shop in Newcastle & is big buds with Beye, would be a decent signing for us, him & Oba upfront would frustrate many though.

Newcastle will give a debut to Kevin Nolan, but Charles N'Zogbia and keeper Shay Given will not feature.

Michael Owen (ankle) and Danny Guthrie (hamstring) have been added to the Magpies' injury list.

Sunderland could be without midfielder Teemu Tainio, who picked up a knee injury in Tuesday's win against Fulham.

Paul McShane is out with a hamstring problem but George McCartney (calf) should be fit and Kieran Richardson has recovered from his ankle injury.

Sunderland (from): Fulop, Gordon, Colgan, Bardsley, McCartney, Ferdinand, Collins, Whitehead, Malbranque, Leadbitter, Tainio, Richardson, Edwards, Yorke, Reid, Cisse, Jones, Murphy, Healy, Chopra.

Newcastle (from): Harper, Forster, Krul, Enrique, Bassong, Coloccini, Taylor, Edgar, Duff, Gutierrez, Nolan, Lovenkrands, Geremi, Donaldson, Donninger, Godsmark, Xisco, Carroll, LuaLua, Ranger.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/7856393.stm

Harper

Taylor Bassong Colo Enrique

Jonas Nolan Butt Duff

Carroll Love

can`t see the team being any different to that tbh.

Who would be on the bench?

Krul, Edgar, Geremi, Lua Lua, Xisco I reckon . Hope Ranger gets a chance but highly doubt it

2-2 I reckon.

They'll def. score more than one the way our defence is playing, I just pray that our new signings can produce and we score at LEAST as many ourselves.

I'm starting to get those derby day jitters now like. Each hour brings me futher to being a nervous wreck.

With this derby being the most important since the 1990 play off I'm shitting myself. This one is about more than local pride it's about both sides trying to steer themselves away from the drop. If we lose we're in big big trouble. Having said that I'm pretty confident, dont know why because we're shit but I honestly feel that we'll take this one. Hopefully the players will realise the importance and be spurred on by what will be an Electric derby day atmosphere.

HOWAY THE LADS!

I'd love Cisse here.  Your right him and Oba would be scary to deal with.

Would be scary for both teams tbh :D

Would like him here though, couldn't possibly call our front line predictable with those two leading it!

Guest Geordiesned

not seen it mentioned yet

leading the singing pre-match once again will be opera singer Graeme Danby, who takes to the field at 1.20pm

I'll try and make sure I'm in by then this time as I missed him last time round.

Guest Geordiesned

I'll try and make sure I'm in by then this time as I missed him last time round.

Last time or last time against the mackems?

Last time against the Mackems.

Im getting so nervous now, losing just simply isnt an option. I keep thinking we'll do them but then I think of Jones, Cisse, Malbranque and Richardson and I fear for us.

If we win it'll be a very close one. F*ck me I'll do anything for a win!

C'MON THE TOON!

4-4-2

Harper

Taylor Bassong Coloccini Enrique

Jonas Nolan Geremi Duff

Carroll Xisco/Lovenkrands

Having said that Kinnear will probably stick Coloccini in the midfield again with Nolan, and play Edgar at Right Back. Wouldn't shock me to see Jonas or Duff up front.

2-1 us.