The Mackems Game

Tooj

Gonna be at my mates watching it for most of tomorrow, me and the other 2 lads going there have a case of beer (24) each, plus whatever is in the house.

More than enough to drown our sorrows / drink as we discuss the draw / celebrate a victory. :)

I was just watching a video of our highlights from last years 2-0 win. Our team is so different this time round, we lined up:

-----------------Harper---------

Beye----Taylor----Faye----Enrique----

------Geremi------Butt------Barton---

-------------------Owen-------------

-----------Viduka---------Martins----

We just dominated that game so easily. We played so confidently and freely under KK you just cant compare it to now.

Guest Heneage

Being fair Mistle, I imagine those same players would do a similar job tomorrow. Even if they win they will have beaten a 2nd string Newcastle.

Is Xisco fit because I would play him and Carroll up front and set the team up to fire the crosses in.

I've got a feeling we won't start playing xisco until after the window shuts, because as soon as he plays 10 games for us, we owe his ex club about £2.5m for appearances. So until no-one comes in for him this January, he won't play.

Stupid idea but oh well. I'm looking forward to seeing the lad play. You don't play for the spanish u-21 team if you're a mug, I kinda feel sorry for the lad but I'm sure the clause situation has been explained to him long ago.

Get your facts right ,if Xisco plays 10 games for us we owe money so if he stays and plays after the window shuts we owe money  :idiot2:

so then. newcastle/sunderland games are normally a spiteful affair to start with,throw in relegation tension on both sides,mike ashley returning possibly, could easily kick off big style.........any truth the BBC have drafted in kate adie as match summariser ?

Guest black n white

I was just watching a video of our highlights from last years 2-0 win. Our team is so different this time round, we lined up:

We just dominated that game so easily. We played so confidently and freely under KK you just cant compare it to now.

Ask yourself this question...In the last 27 years how many games have we lost away to sunderland

Ask yourself this question...In the last 27 years how many games have we lost away to sunderland

Once. Why do ask?

Once. Why do ask?

any particular reason why you pick 27 years instead of rounding up to 30 or 50 ?

Guest black n white

Once. Why do ask?

any particular reason why you pick 27 years instead of rounding up to 30 or 50 ?

Hey lets go back way back, as far as you want, my point being last years game is irrelavent!

This season confidence is gone .......i'm happy nolan is here because this is what he is used to...

With Pascal & El-Hadj leaving, I cant see Cisse wanting to stick around at SOL.  Cisse has a gaff in Ponteland, a shop in Newcastle & is big buds with Beye, would be a decent signing for us, him & Oba upfront would frustrate many though.

In the News Of Screws:

DJIBRIL CISSE will drop a bombshell on Sunderland by quitting at the end of the season.

It would complete the exit of a trio of hotheads who only arrived at the Stadium of Light last summer.

Cisse (left) was best mates with Pascal Chimbonda and El-Hadji Diouf — who have already been ditched. Diouf was binned after a bust-up with team-mate Anton Ferdinand last week.

And Chimbonda continually flouted club rules, missing training sessions and partying before games.

But boss Ricky Sbragia was still interested in a permanent deal for Cisse.

The French striker, 27, signed a one-year loan deal when he moved from Marseille last summer.

But there were two clauses in the deal — he could not leave during the season if Sunderland did not want him to go, and it would cost £12million to make the deal permanent. However Cisse wants to move to a club fighting regularly on the European stage and won’t stay at the Stadium of Light.

He has become frustrated at the club’s season-long battle at the foot of the table. The hitman has not scored in seven games and has been left isolated by the departure of his close pals.