The Kevin Keegan thread

The Prophet

What I wouldn't give now for a manager with a 3 out of 3 success rate for getting a team promoted as champions in his first full season in charge.

to be fair he only really worked the magic here. at fulham and citeh he was given spending power far in advance of the competition. (i think)

His masterstroke for Citeh in Division 1 was without doubt bringing in Bernarbia. Absolutely fantastic player.

What I wouldn't give now for a manager with a 3 out of 3 success rate for getting a team promoted as champions in his first full season in charge.

to be fair he only really worked the magic here. at fulham and citeh he was given spending power far in advance of the competition. (i think)

still not easy, he must be doing something right.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

still not easy, he must be doing something right.

He's brought more foreigners into this country stealing our jobs than 3 truckloads of illegal immigrants.

His masterstroke for Citeh in Division 1 was without doubt bringing in Bernarbia. Absolutely fantastic player.

I remember when he was at Monaco and tore us apart in that UEFA cup quarter final.....with  Henry on the wing

He convinced the owners that if they gave him the money he'd deliver the results. That's half the battle, and he delivered his end of the bargain. Unfortunately, he met his match with Ashley who expected results with spending power far below the competition.

Guest BooBoo

There's no point in KK going to Southampton. The fans down there would rather go to the theatre than get behind the Saints.

God help them, he will just get a huff on about something and leave like he always does then sue for compen  :thdn:

If KK left without provocation, then why did no half decent manager want to take his place at NUFC?

On the other hand, why hasn't there been a queue of clubs saying, "Here you go Kev, it's all yours"?

Guest fraser

God help them, he will just get a huff on about something and leave like he always does then sue for compen  :thdn:

If KK left without provocation, then why did no half decent manager want to take his place at NUFC?

On the other hand, why hasn't there been a queue of clubs saying, "Here you go Kev, it's all yours"?

Because a lot of people in football fall for the oft peddled myth that he's a quitter rather than a man of principle. Given the present circumstances my money would be on Southampton returning to the Premiership before we do; he gets teams promoted.

Because a lot of people in football fall for the oft peddled myth that he's a quitter rather than a man of principle. Given the present circumstances my money would be on Southampton returning to the Premiership before we do; he gets teams promoted.

At this point in time, and if they get Keegan, that'd be a good bet.

I just can't understand why any NUFC fan can be negative towards Keegan.

either too young,

stupid,

deliberate agitator,

or an arse hole

either too young,

stupid,

deliberate agitator,

or an arse hole

Tbh, the people who do have question marks about him have exactly the same views that Ginola & Beresford had on that programme a few weeks ago.

Both of those felt let down/betrayed that Keegan walked out when he did first time, in a similar way some fans feel let down by him this time.

Tbh, the people who do have question marks about him have exactly the same views that Ginola & Beresford had on that programme a few weeks ago.

Both of those felt let down/betrayed that Keegan walked out when he did first time, in a similar way some fans feel let down by him this time.

Headed the nail in.

Always liked Southampton... so I hope Keegan never shows his face there... or anywhere else for that matter.

Aye but Ginola said he felt betrayed because Keegan had convinced him to stay then he left a few months later without apparent reason (as far as Ginola knew). This time it is clear to see why he left. KK is not stupid. He knew this squad was not good enough and he wasn't prepared to take the flack and watch the below par team serve up shit when it wasn't even the players he wanted.

There's no point in KK going to Southampton. The fans down there would rather go to the theatre than get behind the Saints.

I'd disagree completely. Southampton doing well = fans at the ground. There are lots of 'fickle' Southampton supporters. And I'm sorry I didn't tell you all about Keegan 3/4 days ago when I first heard about it.  :aww:

either too young,

stupid,

deliberate agitator,

or an arse hole

I think everyone felt let down/betrayed at the time its only when the dust settles you find out reasons. he still left us at the peak and with the best team we had in decades.  I bet if we pushed on under another manager won summik people would be saying "he helped kick start the club" but instead the club has been on a fcking m,assive decline with only SBR getting us in any decent positions again.

Everything else has been utter fucking shyte.

either too young,

stupid,

deliberate agitator,

or an arse hole

I think everyone felt let down/betrayed at the time its only when the dust settles you find out reasons. he still left us at the peak and with the best team we had in decades.  I bet if we pushed on under another manager won summik people would be saying "he helped kick start the club" but instead the club has been on a fcking m,assive decline with only SBR getting us in any decent positions again.

Everything else has been utter f***ing shyte.

the dust settled a long time ago....why did he leave the first time ?

either too young,

stupid,

deliberate agitator,

or an arse hole

Everything else has been utter f***ing shyte.

the dust settled a long time ago....why did he leave the first time ?

Here we ago again,...here we go again, :clap2:

Here we go again,....here we go again, :clap2:

Keegan, 1st , 3rd, 6th, 2nd , 2nd,...55% win rate highest in the clubs history.

Guest Stephen927

My Southampton supporting friend isn't happy in the slightest, doesn't seem to like Keegan at all and doesn't know where the club will get the money to meet his wage demands.