2003/04: 12 goals 10 goals

2004/05: 4 goals 7 goals

2005/06: 11 goals 9 goals

2006/07: 5 goals 5 goals

2007/08: 5 goals 0 goals

2008/09: 1 goal 3 goals

better than ama bambi?

looks like my suspicions are confirmed

Didn't Roeder say Parker was the attacker and Emre the holder? and we all were as confused as ever?

Nah, Nolan signature has me excited about Sunday..........Kevin Nolan. Wow times have changed

Well pleased with this signing as:

He’s one of those players that always gives 100% and actually gives a flying one unlike many of our water-treading unmotivated shysters.

Unlike someone such as Veloso he won’t need any time ‘bedding down’ to life in the PL – we simply haven’t got time for players to adjust and have been down the road of risking £8-12m on supposed foreign starlets far too many times!

Our midfield is an area desperately in need of improvement.

Being caption of Bolton he should be able to bolster the overall organisation on the pitch.

He bags a fair few goals (50 in 345 apps for Bolton).

He’s only 26 so should be at his peak and £4m is a steal.  The irony of stealing a scouser eh? Cue predictable retorts of racist / bigot from the usual suspects – its tongue in cheek you PC muppets!

So forget (not forgive) his sign to the Milburn Stand in a one-off heat of the moment incident, I believe he’s exactly the sort of player we need now we’re in the middle of a relegation sh*tstorm.

Didn't Roeder say Parker was the attacker and Emre the holder? and we all were as confused as ever?

Nah, Nolan signature has me excited about Sunday..........Kevin Nolan. Wow times have changed

That was absloutly funny the guy had no clue...

Guest firetotheworks

FUCK ME! I wait around for weeks and weeks and then Im away from the internet for one night and we sign Kevin Nolan! Crackers.

For me theres a feeling of 'he'll do', but another part of me is grateful that someone who knows what he's getting himself into has still decided to come. He's another 100%er and doesnt have much of the craft that I think we need in midfield, but with Barton out and Butt...well....Butt its a decent signing at a faaaairrly reasonable price.

Guest Howaythetoon

I honestly think he'll up his game here, we'll see a newer Nolan. I can't quite touch on why I just get a feeling he'll suddenly find himself an extra gear here, away from the Reebok. I hope so anyway because on his day he can be a real driving force and score the goals we've been missing from midfield since the days of Speed early Robson.

Has to be better than most of the current midfield, but I still worry why Bolton were prepared to sell him - its not as if they are in a much better position that Newcastle, but they obviously consider him as expendable.

Should at least bring some aggression and link movement to the midfield.

Just been told that he weighs around 89.5kg at the height of 183cm (that's roughly 6"0 and 14 stone)

Worryingly overweight if true.

You can't use the BMI scale to judge his fitness. He's a professional athlete, not some saggy bint going to slimming world.