Kevin Nolan move to Hull denied by agent

Dokko

This deal kind of pisses on the "it takes a long time now to sort out deals for players" shit we always get told.

It's not that often that all parties can agree on a deal straight off. The player and both clubs (tho not Megson by the looks of it :lol:) were all happy pretty much from the off on this one by the look of it.

For every Nolan there are loads of Ebondas, and Spears.

Guest loonietoonie
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/84556051.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19346E4C5E9CA0732611ADA59204198219FE30A760B0D811297

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/84556051.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19346E4C5E9CA0732611ADA59204198219FE30A760B0D811297

cheers for posting. I dont think he's a great player or owt but that's a sight i'm very very glad to see

One more midfielder before 5pm and I'll not have to watch Nicky Butt on Sunday.

Oh but you will. At the end of the world when cock roaches think they're the only thing that's survived, Nicky Butt and Shola will emerge in their toon kits.

One more midfielder before 5pm and I'll not have to watch Nicky Butt on Sunday.

Oh but you will. At the end of the world when cock roaches think they're the only thing that's survived, Nicky Butt and Shola will emerge in their toon kits.

So true

It takes a long time to sort out deals for players that the selling club doesn't want to get rid of, or other people might be interested in.

Nice see to see everyone is delighted at signing such a shit player. Seems Ashley is right and we'll be happy with any old shit just so long as we sign someone/anyone every now and again.

I'm not 'delighted' with this deal so much as relieved. I wouldn't have gone near Nolan a year ago, but we need a midfielder who scores goals and is ready to play from the first game. If a couple of goals keeps us up then he'll have been worth every penny.

It's not exactly a wow signing, but we need bodies in and he's got premier league experience. Some people say that he's shit and hasn't been any good for the last couple of seasons. But im sure that he's up to a new challenge and prove people that he's still a very decent player. And i think that he's got the right mental strength to give us what we need right now. Unfortunately we aren't in a position to attract the really good ones or afford them. What we need now is players who wont go hiding just because we are going through a very rough time to say at least.

We cannot afford/attract luxury players at this moment. What we don't need now is players who run out on the pitch thinking "whatever" lets see how this game goes. We need players that are prepared to accept and understand what position this team/club is in atm and players that are determined to change the situation that we're in.

If everyone works their socks off and we can battle ourselves some points here and there then that alone will raise the confidence in the team and getting us play better and earn even more points hopefully.

Of course i would like determined players with real quality who are willing to do whatever it takes to win and able to create something out of nothing. But the situation is what it is. But i would much rather see players giving their all and showing good attitude over 90 minutes and working hard as fuck. Rather than players not prepared to fight but being able to make one or two nice flicks.

We simply have to survive and not get relegated, that's our most important thing. Then we can start from scratch next season with less injuries. (heard that a few times before i guess)

I fucking hate seeing players who not give 100% Whining all the time about this and that. Maybe a player can be shit but if he doesn'nt give his all he can fuck off. I want players who want to win as much as we fans want. Maybe with time we can get quality players in, but until then all i demand is good attitude.

Good signing, at least it should keep Butt out of the team once Barton's back.  Sorry for Guthrie though.

Guthrie is 21 and if he anything about him he'll force his way into the team sooner or later

We've had a very disrupted midfield this year. One plus with Nolan is that he and Guthrie have played together for a season and will have some sort of understanding already built in.