Kevin Nolan move to Hull denied by agent

Dokko

Good signing, at least it should keep Butt out of the team once Barton's back.  Sorry for Guthrie though.

Guthrie is 21 and if he anything about him he'll force his way into the team sooner or later

Yep, plus this is whats called having a squad/more depth or something similar, we're not used to it. Guthrie has also played with Nolan loads so that'd help both players immensely :)

I remember when Bolton were on the verge of relegation a couple of years ago and Nolan was asked if they got relegated would he leave in order to stay in the premiership and Nolan said that he would stay with the club as long as they wanted him, regardless of what league they were in.

That's the sort of attitude we are missing. Nolan is an incredibly loyal player and i'm convinced the guy will be a fan favourite. 

Guest toonlass

Seriously pleased that we have a lad in who is not afraid to graft for a team, plus he has captains experience which should come in useful for motivating the younger lads. Not a wow signing, but a one that we really needed. Am made up that we have got him in.

One more midfielder before 5pm and I'll not have to watch Nicky Butt on Sunday.

he`s been confirmed captain for sunday

I am now 100% certain that there will be no more central midfielders brought in before the deadline. All the public transfer targets have proven to be shite, the ones we were really after have arrived without a word. All this crap about Veloso and M'bia is hot air to keep everyone interested.

I am now 100% certain that there will be no more central midfielders brought in before the deadline. All the public transfer targets have proven to be shite, the ones we were really after have arrived without a word. All this crap about Veloso and M'bia is hot air to keep everyone interested.

Hasn't the deadline for which players can play on Sunday already passed, therefore anyone we sign between now and then has no bearing on team selection for Sunday?

I am now 100% certain that there will be no more central midfielders brought in before the deadline. All the public transfer targets have proven to be s****, the ones we were really after have arrived without a word. All this crap about Veloso and M'bia is hot air to keep everyone interested.

You keep saying the same thing and it's not getting anymore interesting robot man.

Now zip it.

Another midfielder will be joining so stop trying to convince yourself otherwise.

With the midfielders we are being linked with, I don't think they would have started on Sunday even if they had signed in time for the match. I don't think JFK would have the bottle to put in a foreigner in the middle of the park from the start in our biggest match of the season.

Hasn't the deadline for which players can play on Sunday already passed, therefore anyone we sign between now and then has no bearing on team selection for Sunday?

It's got nothing to do with Sunday, I just don't think we will be looking to buy another midfielder if Butt is fit. We've still got Barton and Guthrie on our books.

With the midfielders we are being linked with, I don't think they would have started on Sunday even if they had signed in time for the match. I don't think JFK would have the bottle to put in a foreigner in the middle of the park from the start in our biggest match of the season.

Probably not. But i would put a foreigner in instead of Butt. Without thinking twice...

I am now 100% certain that there will be no more central midfielders brought in before the deadline. All the public transfer targets have proven to be s****, the ones we were really after have arrived without a word. All this crap about Veloso and M'bia is hot air to keep everyone interested.

You keep saying the same thing and it's not getting anymore interesting robot man.

Now zip it.

Another midfielder will be joining so stop trying to convince yourself otherwise.

Feel free to say I told you so if it happens.

I have to say like i reckon there is a chance we might get another centre midfielder in if a player becomes available. We might have Nolan, Barton, Guthrie and Butt in our squad, but i wouldn't rule out Ashley agreeing to sign another midfielder on the basis that Barton leaves in the summer.

Now zip it.

Oh you bet I will!  :pow:

Nolan is Barton's replacement trust me.

Barton's done at Newcastle.

A holding midfielder will be coming in as well.

Now zip it.

Oh you bet I will!  :pow:

Nolan is Barton's replacement trust me.

Barton's done at Newcastle.

A holding midfielder will be coming in as well.

We've still got at least £10m in the kitty if Zog and Given leave so you would hope so.

Good attitude, seems intelligent enough, looks genuinely delighted to be here. Seems a bit overawed by the prospect of making his debut in one of the biggest league matches in our history but I actually like to see that.

Impressed with all of that for starters, just hope he proves me wrong and impresses me where it matters as well. In the bedr... I mean on the pitch.

Guest timmy boy

Imagine how it will feel for him stepping out in front of 52k for the first time,sampling the atmosphere of a Tyne Wear derby compared to playing in front of 20k in a lifeless plastic stadium.

Imagine how it will feel for him stepping out in front of 52k for the first time,sampling the atmosphere of a Tyne Wear derby compared to playing in front of 20k in a lifeless plastic stadium.

When he scores his first goal at SJP, he'll think it's disallowed when music doesn't play.

When he scores his first goal at SJP, he'll think it's disallowed when music doesn't play.

:laugh:

Sky Sports News has Just shown him posing for photos at the training ground.

Looks genuinely delighted to be there.

Cant fucking believe how high the wages are, laughing his tits off.

plenty photos of him here:

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&language=en-US&family=editorial&p=kevin%20nolan&assetType=image&src=quick

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/84556916.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19346E4C5E9CA07326167B4285550BAD020E30A760B0D811297

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/84556081.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19346E4C5E9CA0732617B33F2B77109A2E6E30A760B0D811297