Charles N'Zogbia joins Wigan Athletic for fee believed to be £6.5m

Nicky

Now we just need to ditch the manager.

this is the thing, as satisfied as i've been with the deals today, whenever i think about it i always come back to the fact thet we have joe fucking kinnear managing this team and i'm on a downer

If N'Zogbia was really that good there'd be more than fucking Wigan in for him.

Same argument has been used on both sides of discussions in the past tbf.

Ah, Bellamy's Law.

N'Zogbia hasn't even been close to being the player Bellamy was here tbf.

We got robbed selling Bellamy at the price we did, it's never been in doubt.

If N'Zogbia was really that good there'd be more than fucking Wigan in for him.

Same argument has been used on both sides of discussions in the past tbf.

I'm not sure what you mean.

Fact is he's neither was good as he or our supporters think he is.

If Gutierrez and Bassong were really that good there'd be more than fucking NUFC in for them.

If Bellamy was really that good there'd be more than fucking Blackburn in for him.

Etc.

Now we just need to ditch the manager.

this is the thing, as satisfied as i've been with the deals today, whenever i think about it i always come back to the fact thet we have joe fucking kinnear managing this team and i'm on a downer

:kinnear: - Don't be down!

I have pretty mixed feelings about this. Sure, I'm pissed off at Zoggy. At his attitude. And lack of effort. Really, I've grown to despise the kid.

But then, he's what 22 and he's seen how many managers in his brief time here? Someone said six. Six f***ing managers. Has it really been that awful since Robson left. Well, yes it has. And pretty much that is all he has seen and all he knows. So if the clueless f*** thinks that Wigan are more ambitious than Nufc, well he's entitled to his opinion. But the fact that you see Given leaving gives me pause. He too has had enough. He apparently doesn't believe that the club has any ambition. And Ashley couldn't convince him otherwise.

But I hate N'Zogbia mostly because he didn't deliver on his promise. No, he didn't earn his place in the starting 11. I hated him at left back. And I for one was always happier with Duff starting on the wing-- and I suppose I'm in the minority there. Despite the occasional and increasingly rare flashes of brilliance Zoggy's body language and actions showed through. He didn't give a s***. 

Best post in the thread

if he was never going to play for us again then who gives a fuck how good he is?

In that case why not let him go for 500k?

because wigan bid £6 million plus a player? an amazing deal considering the circumstances.

he could be the best player ever but if he's not going to play and desperately wants to leave then he's a waste of a squad number.

Smith, Geremi, Butt, Ameobi and Duff don't desperately want to leave. Strangely enough, no one wants to bid close to £6m for any of those useless fuckers. I wonder why?

Thing about N'Zogbia is that better clubs probaly did want him. Just like better clubs probaly wanted Robinho. But both these players really put themselves in a bad position by forcing a move towards the end of a transfer window.

Doesn't really compare to Robinho.

Guest Gazmatron

N'Zogbia is a good player, one of the few with pace in our team. Without him we are just that bit slower and less creative.

The "all you need is pace" attitude on this board frustrates me sometimes.

The players we're putting out right now aren't shit because they haven't got pace... They're shit because they're shit!

Pace is just one of many assets in a footballer's toolbox.

Guest The Libertine

if he was never going to play for us again then who gives a fuck how good he is?

because wigan bid £6 million plus a player? an amazing deal considering the circumstances.

he could be the best player ever but if he's not going to play and desperately wants to leave then he's a waste of a squad number.

Smith, Geremi, Butt, Ameobi and Duff don't desperately want to leave. Strangely enough, no one wants to bid close to £6m for any of those useless fuckers. I wonder why?

how are their situations comparable to n'zogbia?

Nobody wants them.

Deep down Im a little bit gutted - he's the most talented youngsters we've had at the club for a number of years(which isnt saying much) and he has the ability to go round players, theres not many people in the league that can do that, its sometihng that was depserate to be harnessed. I'm desperately hoping he flops and doesnt go on to become a great player becasue that would make it worse.

Unforuntualtey his attitude stinks though and we can do without players like him, especially when they arent stepping up to the plate, SBR said that Zoggy was one of the most naturally talented youngsters he's ever seen its a shame he didnt have the nvironemnt to thrive, although to be fair we can say that for most of the players in the past 5 years.

Guest The Libertine

Nobody wants them.

how much would wigan pay for n'zogbia if they actually wanted him then?

Guest Gazmatron

The players we're putting out right now aren't s*** because they haven't got pace... They're s*** because they're s***!

Yer but you need some, who the fuck else has pace in our team besides Martins and Nzogbia?

If we sell him we will regret it badly. And lets be honest, Wigan are twice the team we are at the minute.

The players we're putting out right now aren't s*** because they haven't got pace... They're s*** because they're s***!

Yer but you need some, who the fuck else has pace in our team besides Martins and Nzogbia?

If we sell him we will regret it badly. And lets be honest, Wigan are twice the team we are at the minute.

Lovenkrands, Jonas isn't slow either.

Guest The Libertine

why? his pace is no good if he's sitting at home.