Charles N'Zogbia joins Wigan Athletic for fee believed to be £6.5m

Nicky

Newcastle -> Wigan -> "Big Four" club when Steve Bruce gets him playing out of his skin.  Brucey and Wenger are good mates aren't they?

This is what I'm thinking as well. Wigan isn't a bad place for him to end up.

I'd far rather he went to Wigan, where it doesn't matter if he sinks or swims because he's still at a shit club. If he did well at Villa or Spurs he would be the one who had the last laugh.

Guest sicko2ndbest

So long, twunt.

Think it's a good piece of business on our part.

If it is 5mil + Taylor it is fucking amazing business

Guest sicko2ndbest

Newcastle winger Charles N’Zogbia has confirmed that he is set to join Wigan as part of an exchange deal.

N’Zogbia said this week that he would never play for Newcastle again while Joe Kinnear was in charge of the club, and reports emerged suggesting he would head to The JJB Stadium with Ryan Taylor heading in the other direction.

And the 22-year-old, who moved to St James’ Park in 2004, appears to have verified the rumours.

Asked if he would definitely leave Newcastle, he told L’Equipe: “There are still things to be finalised, but it will be sorted out on Saturday when my agent arrives in England.

“I’m relieved.

“I really wanted to move clubs, but the problem is that Newcastle wanted a lot of money.

“Fortunately for me, the club have found an agreement with Wigan, who wanted one of their players. Good news.”

N’Zogbia had been linked with high-profile sides like Arsenal, Tottenham, Aston Villa and Lyon, but he believes Wigan will still be a step up for his career.

He said: “It is a club that has targets and is much more ambitious than Newcastle;D

“I know I was linked with other teams, but if they had really wanted me, they would have managed to make me leave.”

N’Zogbia was enraged by a remark from Kinnear following the midweek defeat to Manchester City, but he insists he bears no grudges.

“In his press conference, he called me not ‘N’Zogbia’ but ‘insomnia’,” he said.

“It showed a lack of respect, but that's okay. I don't have anything against him.

“I do not forget that Newcastle is the club that gave me my chance in professional football.

“Today, I leave without any regrets.”

Reports suggest both N'Zogbia and Taylor are now in talks over the deals.

LOL LOL LOL