Charles N'Zogbia joins Wigan Athletic for fee believed to be £6.5m

Nicky

So we get this fee, the fee for perhaps Given. We've spent 4.5 million, so Ashley pockets the rest? From our little confidence boost in Nolan, him and Taylor will probably be it. Which is gash. Can't see us getting any others now.

[/quote

Given it took until the 30th for Joe to make an approach for his number one target, I have to agree!!

:(

To be fair, the last few years, ALL the business was on the last day and precious bloody little of it.

And when you think the most successful was a free one in Sibierski, show what success we've had at it, eh ?

Fuck me man...are those people upset with this deal on the same fucking planet?

£6m + and Taylor...for a player who has not filled any of his own self belief, a person who is dissrespectful to the club, a player who does not want to play for us (hasnt for a long time now) and has a poor assist and goal scoring record is good business imo.

Let him fuck off to another club and those fuckers deal with his stroppyness.

Steve Bruce plays him out of position once and he'll be whinging to L'Equippe.

Fuck him and that fucking big head of his.

Not upset, but disappointed tbh. Mainly with the player.

I don't understand those who are upset at N'Zogbia's departure. So what if he's talented? Mark Viduka has probably got more talent in his little toe and it counts for nothing either because the pair of them have a heart the size of a pea.

Zog needed to be sold that's without doubt, but we should have got more money for him. £8m plus Ryan Taylor would have been easier to swallow. This is a player who has pace, power, good shooting ability, and can cross. He'll do well at Wigan where he'll be first choice left wing.

I'd disagree with this.  He rarely finds people with his crosses and the last time he scored a goal from range was the Bolton game 18 months ago I think.

He does get power and venom in his shots, but his accuracy isn't that great.

He rarely finds people with his crosses because we usually only have owen in the box when the ball comes in.

I know what your saying, but surely the winger has to take part of the blame here? he does run full pelt with his head down and crosses blind a lot.  If he could hold up the ball for a few seconds or beat his man and come inside a bit more then perhaps there would be more time for others to get in the box.  From what I've seen of Zog he just gets down the wing and hits in a cross as soon as he can, regardless if any toon player is in the box yet.

Milner would try to cut back and give time to the team to get in better positions to receive a cross.

I don't understand those who are upset at N'Zogbia's departure. So what if he's talented? Mark Viduka has probably got more talent in his little toe and it counts for nothing either because the pair of them have a heart the size of a pea.

Zog needed to be sold that's without doubt, but we should have got more money for him. £8m plus Ryan Taylor would have been easier to swallow. This is a player who has pace, power, good shooting ability, and can cross. He'll do well at Wigan where he'll be first choice left wing.

I'd disagree with this.  He rarely finds people with his crosses and the last time he scored a goal from range was the Bolton game 18 months ago I think.

He rarely finds people with his crosses because we usually only have owen in the box when the ball comes in.

how many times does he look up,know theres only one player there and still hit it in,even worse when he knows theres no one there and he still plays it even when he has time.......that is deliberatly giving the ball away, the biggest sin in football.

And that's if he manages to keep the cross on the correct side of the byline as well - the amount of times he's done the hard work and lashed a ball in that is more of a danger to the fans than the oppositions goal is incredible.

This whole thing sounds like Bernard mark II - from "all the top clubs want me!" to "I am delighted to be joining the ultra ambitious Wigan / Southampton". 

Six million + a player is better than we could have hoped for in the circumstances.

how many times does he look up,know theres only one player there and still hit it in,even worse when he knows theres no one there and he still plays it even when he has time.......that is deliberatly giving the ball away, the biggest sin in football.

The same accusations have been levelled at Martins for two years now, e.g., "touch of a rapist", "thick as mince" etc.

We've done well with all the intelligent players in the team when he's been injured haven't we?

I'll give him every chance but I've still not seen or read anything that convinces me that Ryan Taylor is anything but your average jack of all trades, master of none.

Something we need right now though, and obtained in a deal that is pretty much twice the cash Zog is worth plus a body.

In other words, this is £1.5m + Nolan and Taylor for N'Zogbia. Now we need to spend the Given money on the best midfielder we can find.

I'll give him every chance but I've still not seen or read anything that convinces me that Ryan Taylor is anything but your average jack of all trades, master of none.

Something we need right now though, and obtained in a deal that is pretty much twice the cash Zog is worth plus a body.

Fair enough.

Don't know why but I think Nolan and Taylor are two players who can score a goal out of nothing away from home, with freekicks (Taylor), or just being in and around the penaly area (Nolan)

Why is the medical on Monday and not this morning/today?

So we get this fee, the fee for perhaps Given. We've spent 4.5 million, so Ashley pockets the rest? From our little confidence boost in Nolan, him and Taylor will probably be it. Which is gash. Can't see us getting any others now.

£6m for Zoggy plus £8m for Given minus £4m for Nolan equals truth in the £10m bid for Veloso?

Don't know why but I think Nolan and Taylor are two players who can score a goal out of nothing away from home, with freekicks (Taylor), or just being in and around the penaly area (Nolan)

Taylor scoring ?

TWO THIRDS of his goals have been against us.

Who else gives him such room ?

where does it say medical is monday?

where does it say medical is monday?

Sure someone mentioned it in this thread or the transfer rumour thread

Taylor scoring ?

TWO THIRDS of his goals have been against us.

Who else gives him such room ?

He hasn't scored many, but with decent set piece delivery (not just direct goals) you've always got a half chance even against the run of play.

Guest Stephen927

Good deal for all involved. They get a much needed left winger, and we get a sulky c*** off our books and a reliable versatile player to bolster our squad.

If people have the same expectations with Taylor as they did with Guthrie in the summer they shouldn't be too upset.

I wanted us to sign Ryan Taylor years ago, he looked a handy little player, nothing special but he did put in some dangerous crosses. For free (basically because I wouldn't have expected much more than £6m for Zog) he will be a handy squad player.

Guest johnson293

Excellent deal, if we can get an equally good deal for Given (£8 million plus Johnson) and then use that money to strengthen I'll be happy.

Think I would take the £5m bid from city if they throw in Johnson and/or onuoha as well - otherwise, I'd wnat £8m upwards in straight cash.