Some old Ryan Taylor thread

Mistle17

Seems the theme of the night.

Everyone seems to think he isn't Premiership standard. I've not seen enough to make a fair judgement on him but my opinion won't be clouded by him scoring the odd goal against us.

Midfield full of scousers , we got a Midfield full of Scousers , i Midfield full of Scousers .

i've just tried to say jonas gutierrez inn a scouse accent.......

i have phlegm all over the screen and a dislocated tongue !

I did the same with Jose Enrique,the wind changed direction and now i look like Jimmy Bullard's fat twin.

Guest The Libertine

"Newcastle agreed fees with Bolton Wanderers for Kevin Nolan and with Wigan Athletic for Ryan Taylor.

The recruitment of Taylor may be helpful to N'Zogbia, 22. Wigan are one of the clubs to have expressed interest in N'Zogbia and Taylor's arrival on Tyneside this morning could be used as part of the negotiating process.

Taylor is out of contract in the summer and is valued at £4m by Wigan. He has a habit of scoring against Newcastle, can play right-back in the absence of Habib Beye as well as in midfield. Taylor's potential recruitment – along with Nolan he is expected at the Newcastle training ground this morning – is part of owner Mike Ashley's response to Wednesday night's dismal loss at City, the fourth in five league games.

If they pass their medicals, Nolan and Taylor will make their debuts in Sunday's Tyne-Wear derby with Sunderland at St. James'."

taylor related snippets from t'independant. "Marco Donadel, of Fiorentina, is believed to be close to joining" too.

so, er, so much for the transfer system and forward planning eh?  took the owner to pitch up for his first game in months to see in the flesh how truly, utterly diabolical we are before we scramble for players who appear the exact opposite of what we're supposed to be all about these days, i.e. both mid-late 20's and will be coming to get more money than where they are now and will have little or no residual value in 2-3 years time

mike and his asset stripping eh?  oh wait that doesn't work does it...like everything else

so, er, so much for the transfer system and forward planning eh?  took the owner to pitch up for his first game in months to see in the flesh how truly, utterly diabolical we are before we scramble for players who appear the exact opposite of what we're supposed to be all about these days, i.e. both mid-late 20's and will be coming to get more money than where they are now and will have little or no residual value in 2-3 years time

mike and his asset stripping eh?  oh wait that doesn't work does it...like everything else

:eatshit:

allow me to elaborate

1: "exact opposite of what we're supposed to be all about these days"  No.  Gutierrez, Coloccini, Nacho on loan.  All mid 20's.  The myth that "the system" was only going to sign under 23's and develop them is ridiculous.  It seems people dream up whatever details they like about "the system" when they want to have a pop at anything Ashley/Wise/"System" related.

2: "mike and his asset stripping eh?" What?  What does that even mean?  Are you saying he's currently asset stripping?  Are you saying he has done?  What outbound transfers since he's arrived would lead you to believe that?  What firesale have we gone through that would qualify as asset stripping? 

Asset stripping has some very specific connotations going along with it.  Just because someone is sold at a profit doesn't qualify it as asset stripping.

allow me to elaborate

1: "exact opposite of what we're supposed to be all about these days"  No.  Gutierrez, Coloccini, Nacho on loan.  All mid 20's.  The myth that "the system" was only going to sign under 23's and develop them is ridiculous.  It seems people dream up whatever details they like about "the system" when they want to have a pop at anything Ashley/Wise/"System" related.

2: "mike and his asset stripping eh?" What?  What does that even mean?  Are you saying he's currently asset stripping?  Are you saying he has done?  What outbound transfers since he's arrived would lead you to believe that?  What firesale have we gone through that would qualify as asset stripping? 

Asset stripping has some very specific connotations going along with it.  Just because someone is sold at a profit doesn't qualify it as asset stripping.

thanks

1. what i'm getting at i suppose, is that very clearly nolan & taylor have not been scouted and assessed for months on end then moved for as our priority targets to strengthen the squad...the shit has hit the fan and we're panic buying again, surely to fuck the exact thing this "system" was meant to end (we assume) no?  because operating like that for years got us here in the first place...no?

for your spiderman/colo (one free mind you, who'll be worth millions if/when he moves on) i'll raise you a bassong/guthrie - bought cheap & young...however i agree that it's obviously not the intention of the system to buy players who only increase in value, of course not which brings me to:

2. i'm pointing out that nolan/taylor signings don't fit the asset stripping argument that i don't subscribe to

Ryan Taylor would be a good addition for £2-3m tbf. Him and Guttierez on the wings would give a nice amount of balance, you bring in a CM (ideally 2) and a full-back and things dont look so bad tbh. If only we had a manager up to using players correctly

allow me to elaborate

thanks

1. what i'm getting at i suppose, is that very clearly nolan & taylor have not been scouted and assessed for months on end then moved for as our priority targets to strengthen the squad...the shit has hit the fan and we're panic buying again, surely to fuck the exact thing this "system" was meant to end (we assume) no?  because operating like that for years got us here in the first place...no?

for your spiderman/colo (one free mind you, who'll be worth millions if/when he moves on) i'll raise you a bassong/guthrie - bought cheap & young...however i agree that it's obviously not the intention of the system to buy players who only increase in value, of course not which brings me to:

2. i'm pointing out that nolan/taylor signings don't fit the asset stripping argument that i don't subscribe to

Sorry then, guess I'm reading this board with negative tinted specs, completely misread point #2. 

allow me to elaborate

thanks

Sorry then, guess I'm reading this board with negative tinted specs, completely misread point #2. 

we're all at it atm moment, plus i'm writing through booze fog half the time, surprise it makes as much sense as it does sometimes, which isn't much anyways

Guest Stephen927

A right back who can play right wing, sounds good for when Beye is back/if we sign Ebondo, then everybody's happy.  :aww: