Some old Ryan Taylor thread

Mistle17

Taylor wants to move to Newcastle. However, the stumbling block for this move is N'Zogbia as Wigan are wanting to sign him and include Taylor in the deal. This deal would have been completed, but the N'Zogbia situation has encouraged Bruce to make a move for him.

If Zog is involved in the deal, i'd hope they were giving us cash + Taylor, like. Wouldn't argue with a straight swap, however.

That said - these player exchange deals really come to any sort of conclusion. Can see us being sick with Zoggy until the summer.

bit annoying though that we will have lost milner and n'zogbia

In exchange for £17m? I think I'll cope like.

Money doesn't help us on the pitch though does it?

I'll be delighted if we use the money to get someone better in, but that never happened last time.

I'll be delighted if we use the money to get someone better in, but that never happened last time.

Neither did they tbf.

No it doesn't but that's an awful lot of money for those 2 imo.

Obviously it needs to be reinvested back into the team. 

Agreed... ultimately they've never been good enough for us and that'd be a pretty handsome financial return tbf.

I can imagine that 'never been good enough' comment might have got picked up on so i'll just try and justify myself. In terms of N'Zogbia; although i was going on to HTT about how you just need a touch of quality, not necassarily 100% heart - Zoggy has too little of either nowadays. He's decent but as a winger needs to graft his bollocks off a bit to make it happen. It's something he hasn't done all season and it's blatantly time for him to go, and i'd have said that before his latest comments.

As far as Milner goes - well, the fact that he was among the trio of regulars that were dropped/fucked last season (Smith, Duff, Milner) speaks volumes. Milner's more of a luxury player tbh, hardly reliable in this sort of situation.

Guest neesy111

like the fact we've never finished in the top half with these 2 at the club (roeder's 7th had milner on loan), they both promised a lot but flattered to deceive on many occasions

like the fact we've never finished in the top half with these 2 at the club (roeder's 7th had milner on loan), they both promised a lot but flattered to deceive on many occasions

N'Zogbia was one of the reasons we finished 7th that season, tbf. Him and Nobby - both class post-February sorta time. :thup:

Guest neesy111

N'Zogbia was one of the reasons we finished 7th that season, tbf. Him and Nobby - both class post-February sorta time. :thup:

aye but he's done fuck all since apart from the first 4 games of last season

aye but he's done fuck all since apart from the first 4 games of last season

Agreed, was just picking up on the bit i've bolded. :thup:

Guest marky555

heard that wigan offered 5 mil for zog, we accept as long as taylor comes the other way, not sure what the fee for taylor is though

They've just said something like that on Radio 1 Newsbeat, only no fees mentioned! Zog away and we get Taylor plus cash! Personally.....i'm f***ing delighted!

Radio1 newsbeat can suck me off, their 'headline' news at 5pm included, "Ross Kemp has admitted he was scared before returning to Afghanistan to finish his next series."

Headlines?  Fuck off.

It's funny that Milner still isn't considered good enough for us yet he's an integral part of a top 4 side and is being almost universally praised.

Guest palnese

I take it Taylor did not make it for Sunday, I guess it is Edgar at RB then?

i reckon itwill be steven taylor at right back then. colo and bass in the middle. butt and nolan in the midfield..

Mate has just texted me saying he'll sign on the dotted line tomorrow lunchtime.

Don't know where he's getting that from fwiw.

Why are such lines dotted? Surely it would be much neater if it was a solid line, unless Mike Ashley is insisting we save printer ink by using the dotted format.

Mate has just texted me saying he'll sign on the dotted line tomorrow lunchtime.

Don't know where he's getting that from fwiw.

Why are such lines dotted? Surely it would be much neater if it was a solid line, unless Mike Ashley is insisting we save printer ink by using the dotted format.

The cunt's probably got a dot matrix.

Guest toonlass

Just read on the sky sports website and it says if he signs tomorrow he can play on sunday. Deadline must be around 24 hours before the game then.

Just read on the sky sports website and it says if he signs tomorrow he can play on sunday. Deadline must be around 24 hours before the game then.

I thought the FA Registrar was only open week days? Just what i read somewhere although it did seem a little ludicrous.

I thought the FA Registrar was only open week days? Just what i read somewhere although it did seem a little ludicrous.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_4874361,00.html

Taylor, who has a knack of scoring against Newcastle, is thought to be keen on a move to Tyneside and Newcastle hope to agree a deal to have him available for Sunday's clash with Sunderland.