Some old Ryan Taylor thread

Mistle17

Decent filler until Habib returns. Hope we can push this one through today, although its probably already too late for Sunday.

An hour and 20 minutes to go.

Is he even here negotiating a deal yet?

Is he even here negotiating a deal yet?

Who knows, nobody's even confirmed that a fee has been agreed.  But if we're close to an agreement we could ask for them to send him up so we can finalise the fee at the same time to get it done in time.  Or maybe not.

If he's as good at taking free kicks for Newcastle as he is against I'll be happy.  Maybe if we put extra Newcastle players in the opposition wall he can imagine he's taking one against us?

If we do it against Man City he'll even see Given in goal.. it'll work I tell you!!

To be fair to the club, they deserve credit if they get Nolan, Taylor and maybe one more.

Add that to the last lot of signings and it would suggest that they at least know where our problems lie... unlike our previous skill of signing players in positions we don't need and ignoring the problem areas.

To be fair to the club, they deserve credit if they get Nolan, Taylor and maybe one more.

Add that to the last lot of signings and it would suggest that they at least know where our problems lie... unlike our previous skill of signing players in positions we don't need and ignoring the problem areas.

:snod:

One more, a CM preferably.

Will hopefully be a good signing. Think he's fairly average but like others have said it's an option from dead ball situations and when Beye is back and playing regularly he possibly won't be in the side anyway but he's definitely good enough as "back-up" to Prince Habib.

Suppose despite my reservations about him and Nolan as far as pushing us on goes, they are better than what we have (i.e. no cover at right-back and the likes of Butt/Geremi in the centre of midfield.)

From wiki

Ryan Anthony Taylor (born 19 August 1984 in Liverpool, Merseyside) is an English footballer who currently plays as a defender for newcastle united , who has a tattoo of the sunderland crest between his ***e cheeks.

:coolsmiley: