Newcastle United 1 - 1 Mackems - 01/02/09 - Post match reaction from page 26

JH

The macums had their strongest 11 starting and their most expensive squad ever to pick from. Our disjointed - some not match fit 11 were the better side and if we had a real forward playing we'd have won comfortably.

Bassong - superb - had Jones in his pocket and Enrique played with passion like he understands what the game meant, but all 11 played with great commitment even if some really shouldn't be in our starting side.

We remain in deep sh*t - but if that's the best 11 the macums can put out then there is still hope.

P.S. Chopra has gone right up in my estimation !

Guest Heneage

Tbh Jonas was our main threat, wether he delivered much or not is a different story, the fact that he stood up to be counted and ran solid blazing past Malbranque in the last 10 minutes showed how much he gives us, when I see people like Owen enjoying the fine dining of Newcastle, and Mr Duff and Butt on the pitch living of what they once were, I feel happy knowing those two are coming to an end of their time here and fingers crossed Jonas is just starting.

Just saw Jonas in the after match interview, fucking hell could hardly speak he was so knackered. Fair play to him he really gives 110%, I really think he's a great guy to have in our team. His tackle in the first half was fucking outstanding.

Would have won if Enrique and Jonas could KICK THE FUCKING BALL IN THE AIR, Jesus, went mental the 43rd time he dragged a cross low straight to the first man. Jonas was our most threatening player but I wish he would release the ball a bit quicker, also wish Enrique would overlap now and again, they could be a good combo but they need to mix it up a bit, far too predictable.

Jonas is a credit to the team with his work ethic. I would always have him in the team. The problem with him is that he lacks that final killer pass. We already knew that he rarely scores goals from his record in Spain. He gets wrongly compared to Robert and Ginola. As far as tracking back and overall effort goes, Jonas is much better than those two. As far as goal scoring or creating goes, he isn't in the same league as those two. Unfortunately Newcastle don't have many players who can create goals. People look to Jonas to do it because he is a winger.

Coming out the Dog and Parrot we saw a mackem with a mackem air freshner dangling from his car. Obscenties where exchanged. He charged us with his car and his windscreen and door ended up smashed to hell. Chest puffing is one thing, serious battle is another.

Harper- 6- Did nowt

Taylor- 8-Did everything asked

Enrique-6- Started well but faded

Colo- 6- Battled hard

Bassong-7- Great stuff

Duff-5- Rubbish

Nolan- 5- Totally ower owed

Butt-6- Kept things ticking

Guttieriez-5- Incapable of a decent final ball, rubbish.

Carrol- 5- Average

Ambeobi- 5- Not fit

Coming out the Dog and Parrot we saw a mackem with a mackem air freshner dangling from his car. Obscenties where exchanged. He charged us with his car and his windscreen and door ended up smashed to hell. Chest puffing is one thing, serious battle is another.

Harper- 6- Did nowt

Colo- 6- Battled hard

Bassong-7- Great stuff

Duff-5- Rubbish

Carrol- 5- Average

Ambeobi- 5- Not fit

Was I watching a different game?

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Harper- 6- Did nowt

Colo- 6- Battled hard

Bassong-7- Great stuff

Duff-5- Rubbish

Carrol- 5- Average

Ambeobi- 5- Not fit

Was I watching a different game?

I kna, Taylor better than Bassong and Enrique?!

Harper- 6- Did nowt

Colo- 6- Battled hard

Bassong-7- Great stuff

Duff-5- Rubbish

Carrol- 5- Average

Ambeobi- 5- Not fit

Which game were you watching like?

Harper- 6- Did nowt

Colo- 6- Battled hard

Bassong-7- Great stuff

Duff-5- Rubbish

Carrol- 5- Average

Ambeobi- 5- Not fit

jonas rubbish? are you sure?

Harper- 6- Did nowt

Colo- 6- Battled hard

Bassong-7- Great stuff

Duff-5- Rubbish

Carrol- 5- Average

Ambeobi- 5- Not fit

Seriously Lovejoy, the kid has zero end product and it was painfully obvious today.

Harper- 6- Did nowt

Colo- 6- Battled hard

Bassong-7- Great stuff

Duff-5- Rubbish

Carrol- 5- Average

Ambeobi- 5- Not fit

Seriously Lovejoy, the kid has zero end product and it was painfully obvious today.

If Jonas wasn't playing I doubt we'd have got out of our half.

Two foreigners - Enrique and Jonas - put most of the English players to shame. Hearts of lions, the pair of them.

Enrique hardly put a foot wrong and seems to have a telepathic link with Jonas.

Jonas terrorized their defence but didn't have a final ball. Some of his first touches were sublime.

Bassong is like a young Sol Campbell.

You can't spell anonymously without Nolan, and you can't have shit without a Butt.

Duff is too old and too slow.

Carroll had a decent game, if not earth-shattering. Won virtually everything in the air.

Shola got into some good positions, but takes too long to line up a shot. Always seems to wait for a defender to block it. Offside on free-kicks umpteen times. Hasn't got a clue.

Two foreigners - Enrique and Jonas - put most of the English players to shame. Hearts of lions, the pair of them.

Jonas terrorized their defence but didn't have a final ball. Some of his first touches were sublime.

You can't spell anonymously without Nolan, and you can't have shit without a Butt.

Carroll had a decent game, if not earth-shattering.

Shola got into some good positions, but takes too long to line up a shot. Always seems to wait for a defender to block it.

:thup:

Carroll had a decent game, if not earth-shattering. Won virtually everything in the air.

Shola got into some good positions, but takes too long to line up a shot. Always seems to wait for a defender to block it. Offside on free-kicks umpteen times. Hasn't got a clue.

:lol: Nice.

Guest toonlass

Guest Slippery Sam

A draw was a fair result. Apart from Bassong, our back four look shaky under pressure, and no matter how much possession we had, every Sunderland attack made us look vulnerable.

A magnificent effort from Jonas. Okay, his crosses weren't the greatest most of the time, but he kept us going forward. He has an amazing ability to keep hold of the ball even in the most difficult of situations.

I didn't like the look of Shola and Carroll as a combination before the game, and I don't feel any different now. It meant we were only able to play one way, and we weren't sharp enough when it came to getting on the end of chances in the area. I hope Lovenkrands can do a job for us.

Shola, as per usual, is being marked down by most people here. He did okay, considering it was his first game back from injury, and he showed great courage under pressure in stepping up to take that penalty.

Our back four look under pressure because they are repeatedly exposed by our anonymous central midfield.

As someone pointed out to me after the game: maybe Enrique had a good game because he didn't have a left winger attacking him?

Guest toonlass

Aside from the football, I thought Graeme Danby was cracking again. And did anyone else see that samba drum band outside the Gallowgate. Felt slightly sad for the lass with the guitar outside the Barker and Stonehouse store cos no-one was paying attention to her singing but there was a crowd around the drum band, lol.

Aside from the football, I thought Graeme Danby was cracking again. And did anyone else see that samba drum band outside the Gallowgate. Felt slightly sad for the lass with the guitar outside the Barker and Stonehouse store cos no-one was paying attention to her singing but there was a crowd around the drum band, lol.

shes been there donkeys.  Should give it a rest.

haha yeah...saw loads of people dancing around the samba band too...was quite funny :)

Guest Heneage

She played Durham once, a drunk asked if she took requests and stupidly she said yes, to which he bellowed "Wey f*** off home then"

And is Nolan not just back from Injury?