Ryan Taylor

Dave

Always liked Raylor. Did a decent job filling-in at LB during the first half of the 2011/12 season.

I thought he was probably at his worst for us at left back and arguably the reason behind Pardew's defensive wingback creation. He was a total liability and relied on Jonas covering his ass 99% of the time.

I remember a shocking game he had at left back against QPR in the 11/12 season when SWP and QPR were just marauding down that side. 

He's a really good guy, that tweet just confirmes this again.

Limited footballer, though. Wouldn't want him near our first XI. Having him on the bench and in for some Cup games is ok imo.

Shouldn't be near the team, but the past season or two when he was fit he actually done a decent job stepping in. He will probably struggle to make the bench this season if everyone stays fit with these new signing, he's certainly not a bad player to have outside of your main 18.

He's a player who, if he's in and around the team, it signals that we have failed to build a good squad before the window closes.

I wish him well, but I was unsure of him before his injury and it's unlikely he'll come back the same even.

Has he been working on coaching badges while he's been sidelined?

• 3 months later...

He's a naturally fit f***er, that's for sure.

Not to mention the 24 months of gym work.

Canny big difference between lifting and running in the gym and playing 96 minutes at the Etihad after 2 years out and playing with a scratch team like. Not to mention managing to clear the ball with his bollocks in the 85th minute.