Ryan Taylor

Dave

Pre-injury, he was already a limited player so I don't think it has anything to do with that.

Didn't say it was, I'm saying that no club is going to freeze a lad out when he's just come back from injury, if we did there'd be people on here on about how heartless we are.

If we actually give him a new contract then I'll have a problem.

If he's not going to play much of a part in the first team this season, it might be better to let him go to another club where he can regain his match fitness rather than 3 seasons of non-football in a row. And I'd argue we have shown plenty of heart in such a case.

He might end up going elsewhere.in the end, that doesn't mean we should leave the lad without a squad number in the mean time..

Pre-injury, he was already a limited player so I don't think it has anything to do with that.

Didn't say it was, I'm saying that no club is going to freeze a lad out when he's just come back from injury, if we did there'd be people on here on about how heartless we are.

If he's not going to play much of a part in the first team this season, it might be better to let him go to another club where he can regain his match fitness rather than 3 seasons of non-football in a row. And I'd argue we have shown plenty of heart in such a case.

He might end up going elsewhere.in the end, that doesn't mean we should leave the lad without a squad number in the mean time..

Who is advocating that?

Edit: Pretty sure he means he rather Raylor not be at this club.

He's right, mind. Raylor really shouldn't be at any PL club, let alone this one.

Should we sack him the moment he recovers from a potentially career ending injury?, dont think that's the way a "proper" club would.do.it..

Of course he isn't good enough to be a real part of our plans.  But the suggestion we've done something wrong by not freezing him out just as he returns from serious injury is just ridiculous.

I never advocated sacking him. There aren't any grounds to do that.

Having him playing any sort of role on the pitch, even as a squad player, is pretty fucking unacceptable for a club of this size. Should've been sold years back.

No he shouldn't be given a role in the first team, but there's nothing wrong with giving him a squad number until be moves on.  He shouldn't be completely frozen out as the poster I replied to suggested.

Who is advocating that?

The poster at the top of this page? ???

He's right, mind. Raylor really shouldn't be at any PL club, let alone this one.

Should we sack him the moment he recovers from a potentially career ending injury?, dont think that's the way a "proper" club would.do.it..

Of course he isn't good enough to be a real part of our plans.  But the suggestion we've done something wrong by not freezing him out just as he returns from serious injury is just ridiculous.

I never advocated sacking him. There aren't any grounds to do that.

Having him playing any sort of role on the pitch, even as a squad player, is pretty fucking unacceptable for a club of this size. Should've been sold years back.

No he shouldn't be given a role in the first team, but there's nothing wrong with giving him a squad number until be moves on.  He shouldn't be completely frozen out as the poster I replied to suggested.

Are you imagining things, mate?

Who is advocating that?

If we were a proper football club he wouldn't be anywhere near apart from turning up in photo ops

Raylor turns up at photo ops (with a squad number), otherwise he's nowhere near the squad. That's how I read it. Think you are reading too much into it.

Who is advocating that?

If we were a proper football club he wouldn't be anywhere near apart from turning up in photo ops

Raylor turns up at photo ops (with a squad number), otherwise he's nowhere near the squad. That's how I read it. Think you are reading too much into it.

He responded to Raylor getting a squad number by saying that if we were a proper club he wouldn't be near apart from photo ops.  Really not sure how its unreasonable to read that as a suggestion that he shouldn't be allowed to be any part of the squad..

Who is advocating that?

He responded to Raylor getting a squad number by saying that if we were a proper club he wouldn't be near apart from photo ops.  Really not sure how its unreasonable to read that as a suggestion that he shouldn't be allowed to be any part of the squad..

Ehm... yeah... he didn't say we should heartlessly "leave the lad without a squad number in the mean time" though.

Drivel.  You can think a player should be nowhere near the first team without thinking they should be ostracised.

Context is apparently something you've never quite grasped.  Lets just forget that the opriginal poster hasn't even claimed that wasn't his meaning though just keep on bickering about it.

Who is advocating that?

Ehm... yeah... he didn't say we should heartlessly "leave the lad without a squad number in the mean time" though.

So we gave Raylor a squad number and we became "not a proper club" why?  You know this has reached that point where I don't even care anymore :lol:

Drivel.  You can think a player should be nowhere near the first team without thinking they should be ostracised.

Context is apparently something you've never quite grasped.  Lets just forget that the opriginal poster hasn't even claimed that wasn't his meaning though just keep on bickering about it.

Well you're in a minority of one who apparently 'can't grasp' simple meanings. :lol:

Always liked Raylor. Did a decent job filling-in at LB during the first half of the 2011/12 season.

I thought he was probably at his worst for us at left back and arguably the reason behind Pardew's defensive wingback creation. He was a total liability and relied on Jonas covering his ass 99% of the time.

Guest reefatoon

Taylor is garbage and always had been.

Don't let the free kicks fool you.

Totally agree. Absolute gash.