Ryan Taylor

Dave

Probably the worst fullback in the league.

Awful, awful footballer.

That's it really. He really is poor at playing football, although he spanks a nice free kick. Anyway the big teams are out of the way so no doubt he can go back to hiding behind Jonas and getting far too much credit for actually being s***.

Cabaye cant take a free kick jsut as well. No reason for him to be in the team.

He was actually embarrassing without Jonas.  Makes you now realise how much Jonas' attacking game has suffered due to helping out the defence.

He couldn't even follow basic instructions.  The commentators mentioned Pardew has asked his full backs to sit deep and not push forward.  After another howler from Raylor being miles out of position, they cut to AP looking massively fucked off, holding 4 fingers up and seeming to gesture for him to sit deep.

Santon must be fucking rubbish in training like, Raylor has been one of the worst, if not the worst player in our last 3 games now.

There is some right bile in here mind  :kasper: he's done an ok job filling in, won us points against the mackems and Everton and he's a good squad player.  Someone saying they pretty much hate him  :lol:

We don't have much of a choice for the game against Norwich really. As much as I want Kadar to start at CB, can see Pardew opting with Perch and Simpson at CB. Santon would then presumably play at RB, leaving Raylor still at LB.

Until we have everyone in our defence (except for Saylor unfortunately) fit, looks like Raylor will be starting at LB for the foreseeable future. Meh.

Eventually at some point of the rest of the season, I'm hoping to see:

Simpson  Williamson  Coloccini  Santon

`Eventually at some point of the rest of the season, I'm hoping to see:`

Simpson  Williamson  Coloccini  Santon

at some pt i would prefer....

new rb willaimson colo santon

I'd be happy with starting next season like that, well, a toss up between Willo and Saylor if he's fit enough to start the season. Wouldn't say it's desperate enough to replace Simpson in January, I'm much more comfortable with him in the team than Raylor, which I know, isn't saying much.

I don't mind Simpson, so I don't have any particular qualms about starting him. However, if he doesn't sign a contract soon, he could very well leave in January.

If we're in for Pieters or even Clyne, guess I would live with Simpson leaving but as it stands, our strongest lineup for defence is what I posted above.

• 3 weeks later...

Had a decent game..a good cross to Hatem for the 1st goal..just thought he deserved a mention.

He did nothing wrong today and linked up well with Jonas to put the cross in for Ben Arfa, he deserves credit.

Undroppable in my opinion.

Do not underestimate the fear he creates in opponents, and until we can find someone else offering a genuine quantifiable threat from free kicks and long shots he needs to start, preferably at left back where he has the least effect on the team. If there is a particularly tricky or pacy opponent, just switch him to the other side.

Do not underestimate the fear he creates in opponents, and until we can find someone else offering a genuine quantifiable threat from free kicks and long shots he needs to start, preferably at left back where he has the least effect on the team. If there is a particularly tricky or pacy opponent, just switch him to the other side.

I disagree, he's useful when were playing against shocking sides like Bolton and Stoke and the scum but he got ripped apart in that run of three games we had against top 4 sides, Santon on the other hand looks a proper left-back and will only get better with games.

If we played someone else against the top teams they'd probably find another way to beat us.

Plus he presents the opportunity to get something when we are up against it.

Ideally we'd have someone else in midfield or upfront who can match Taylor's specific attacking threat but we don't.

I bet you're not saying that after the Liverpool game.  He played well against one of the worst teams in the division today.  As for his free kicks, we've got two other players who are at least as good as he is at taking free kicks.

I can't believe anybody would think he's undroppable and we should fit him in on the right if he's up against somebody.  Like Best, he’s good enough as back up.