Joe Kinnear has triple heart bypass surgery, home on Sunday

JH

What a soft cock, could you imagine if everyone following Newcastle this year popped into the hospital when they felt unwell with a bit of high blood pressure.

Take it you've never had heart problems, high blood pressure etc or known anyone close to you to have that sort of problem. Lucky bastard, if so.

You can't ignore Joe's medical history either. I really do hope that the club seriously consider whether it's right to let him carry on as manager. He looks like he's about to burst a blood vessel sitting on the bench sometimes.

Make him tough it out till the end of the season for whatever stability that might provide, amicably part ways due to concerns over health with someone class lined up already.  Win - Win.  Sorted. 

Unless his ticker gives out. Taking a bit of a chance really, but I guess they'll take medical advice.

Loads of people have heart attacks and can then be fine for decades, my guess is they were just taking precautions today, you can't be too careful after all. Not saying he's the ideal manager or anything, he's clearly not, but to write him off for a health scare assumes a lot.

I'm not a doctor though, I only play one in Casualty.

What a soft cock, could you imagine if everyone following Newcastle this year popped into the hospital when they felt unwell with a bit of high blood pressure.

Take it you've never had heart problems, high blood pressure etc or known anyone close to you to have that sort of problem. Lucky b******, if so.

He was unwell & is okay. Calm your fucking knickers.

Guest Howaythetoon

Its likely Kinnear has had an angina/heart attack as there are no real symptons for high blood pressure, although he may actually carry around with him a blood pressure monitor which would have obviously alerted him to any change in his blood pressure. But raised blood pressure wouldn't result in a stay in hospital. Unless Kinnear has a rare case of extreme high blood pressure and if that is the case he won't be returning to the dugout any time soon. If he has had an angina attack it would have had to have been a pretty bad one to be admitted to hospital, my own father would sometimes suffer several attacks a day depending on stress and excercise levels but rest and medication limted these attacks in severity and occurance to the point where he could live a pretty normal life so long as he didn't get himself stressed or did anything too strenious physically.

Where Kinnear is concerned he isn't in the best environment to remain fit and healthy with high stress levels a feature of managing a football club. If he has indeed had an angina or heart attack he shouldn't be managing Newcasle United.

There has been talk that he doesn't do any coaching or takes training too often and I'm not surprised if this is the state of his health.

He can still manage a football club of course but he runs the risk of what has happened today whatever it is, happening again.

Loads of people have heart attacks and can then be fine for decades, my guess is they were just taking precautions today, you can't be too careful after all. Not saying he's the ideal manager or anything, he's clearly not, but to write him off for a health scare assumes a lot.

:kasper:

Is that "Casualty" as in the decrepit, hackneyed, tediously boring BBC ONE drama or "Casualty" the kinky roleplay you enact in the bedroom with your wife/girlfriend/mother/sister/choirboy* (*delete as applicable)?

:aww:

There has been talk that he doesn't do any coaching or takes training too often and I'm not surprised if this is the state of his health.

Good point. The guy should think twice about managing this club if his health is that questionable. he doesnt need this shit

Kinnear should not only be done with Newcastle but if he has any sense he should be done with football period. Maybe he came back for one last shot of glory - with us hah - or for the money but you can't ignore what your body is telling you. Having gone through the heart attack/angina cycle myself he needs wiser heads above him to tell him enough is enough. If it was an angina attack it was bad enough to put him in hospital and he should take that as a major warning. Something as basic as cold weather can bring them on and when an attack happens it's no laughing matter and seriously scary. I'm sure I read somewhere he's on blood thinners permanently so he needs to quit whilst he's ahead otherwise this bloody club will put him in his box.

Get well soon Joe.

What gets me is the fucker's complaining he's got high blood pressure, without a thought for us fans who've had to endure the trauma he's been putting us through. Can't help wondering how many people's blood pressure has been raised because of his inept management so far.

What gets me is the fucker's complaining he's got high blood pressure, without a thought for us fans who've had to endure the trauma he's been putting us through. Can't help wondering how many people's blood pressure has been raised because of his inept management so far.

He's been putting us through?

KK said the squad was too small and quit becasue of it. JK was the ONLY one to have the balls to give it a shot... not even Terry F*cking Vegetables wanted to know.

Funny, a couple of months ago it was "Good old Joe" he'sdoing pretty good, now as usual the knives are out, same as for very manager pretty much -- even good old  Bobby was lambasted on here.

The thing that boils my piss is that KK was wheeled out (after Milner sale) saying that were going to sign this and that and was he accused of being a liar? Joe has done the same after given and he is the biggest liar of all time.

The common thread is Llambias/Ashley, not the managers.... both KK and JK have been sold down the river big time. I feel sorry for him, he cant win either way.

KK said the squad was too small and quit becasue of it. JK was the ONLY one to have the balls to give it a shot... not even Terry F*cking Vegetables wanted to know.

Funny, a couple of months ago it was "Good old Joe" he'sdoing pretty good, now as usual the knives are out, same as for very manager pretty much -- even good old  Bobby was lambasted on here.

The thing that boils my piss is that KK was wheeled out (after Milner sale) saying that were going to sign this and that and was he accused of being a liar? Joe has done the same after given and he is the biggest liar of all time.

The common thread is Llambias/Ashley, not the managers.... both KK and JK have been sold down the river big time. I feel sorry for him, he cant win either way.

Oh fuck. I'll put a safety wink at the end - just for you - in future.

EDIT:  :pow: ;)

:kasper:

Is that "Casualty" as in the decrepit, hackneyed, tediously boring BBC ONE drama or "Casualty" the kinky roleplay you enact in the bedroom with your wife/girlfriend/mother/sister/choirboy* (*delete as applicable)?

:aww:

OK I was lying, I can't even watch Casualty. Violence and horror are fine, but even simulated surgery makes me want to chuck. Slight phobia. Jokes aside I think he should see out the season, more turmoil will do us no good.

Oh f***. I'll put a safety wink at the end - just for you - in future.

Aye, whatever. Maybe you should be the manager, obviously a genius.

You think that he deliberately didnt want to sign anyone thus increasing the pressure on himself.

So then, wise-guy, why did KK come out with similar statements before the last transfer window??? Pehaps being told by those upstairs that we were (supposedly) making some signings?

Get well soon Joe.

I do agree with Ian56 though, Joe has to really seriously start thinking about things. At the very least we should be bringing another coach in if we can, I dont have any faith in Hughton or Calderwood to hold the fort if he needs any treatment.

You think that he deliberately didnt want to sign anyone thus increasing the pressure on himself.

So then, wise-guy, why did KK come out with similar statements before the last transfer window??? Pehaps being told by those upstairs that we were (supposedly) making some signings?

Oh, sweet baby Jesus and the orphans. :jesuswept:

I think you're missing the fact I was being sarcastic.  :doh:

Yeah GM, take that!

Get well soon Joe.

I do agree with Ian56 though, Joe has to really seriously start thinking about things. At the very least we should be bringing another coach in if we can, I dont have any faith in Hughton or Calderwood to hold the fort if he needs any treatment.

I agree too, but who the f would want to come now, I mean really its a total shambles. Anyhow, no matter who the knives will be out in 2-3 months. The only ones immune are KK and Shearer and they wont be heading our way anytime soon.... unless by some miracle a rich middle-eastern oil billionaire suddenly buys out the current shower.... and for whatever reason they seem to be avoiding us like the plague.

Get well soon Joe.

I agree too, but who the f would want to come now, I mean really its a total shambles. Anyhow, no matter who the knives will be out in 2-3 months. The only ones immune are KK and Shearer and they wont be heading our way anytime soon.... unless by some miracle a rich middle-eastern oil billionaire suddenly buys out the current shower.... and for whatever reason they seem to be avoiding us like the plague.

I blame the fans.

Oh....look -> it's a safety wink. ;)

Seriously though, if he is too sick to continue, who do you think would come to ruin their reputation in a relegation battle with a small squad containing several massively overpaid and under-performing players?

Any takers??? Someone would have to be pretty desperate no, oh like Joe Kinnear!!

Get well soon Joe.

I blame the fans.

Did you just get in from the Biggy?

Seriously though, if he is too sick to continue, who do you think would come to ruin their reputation in a relegation battle with a small squad containing several massively overpaid and under-performing players?

Any takers??? Someone would have to be pretty desperate no, oh like Joe Kinnear!!

Peter Reid

George Graham

David O'Leary

Ron Atkinson

Avram Grant

Just from the top of my head...

Get well soon Joe.

I blame the fans.

Did you just get in from the Biggy?

No. Did you just get back from having CWAAFEEE at Central Perk with all your Yankie Doodle Dandy Friends?

Peter Reid

George Graham

David O'Leary

Ron Atkinson

Avram Grant

Just from the top of my head...

Ha Ha, yeah OK ->  O0