Joe Kinnear has triple heart bypass surgery, home on Sunday

JH

Absolutely, and it is very hard to disagree with you.

But if I was an employer, I would now be assessing what I could be doing to take any unnecessary pressure off my employees to stop it happening again. For me, it's not about not putting people in stressful positions, it is about alleviating pressure.

Joe Kinnear is a person, and a human being, and this week he was publically and proffessionally humiliated by Charles N'Zogbia. Now whether Kinnear's illness is stress related or not, it doesn't matter, Derek Llambias should have done more to publically protect his employee.

I'm not sure how you can take the stress out of the job, sometimes you can try too hard to protect people and that has an adverse effect as it looks like you're trying to do the job for them.  That in itself can bring about the stress which you are trying to avoid so it’s a fine line to cross.

When does helping somebody become interference? 

I wouldn't want my boss sticking up for me at work as it would undermine my authority, an authority which Kinnear has because of his position.  If I needed help then I think it should be up to me to ask for it and the same goes for Kinnear.  If he's asked for help and it hasn't been forthcoming then you have a point.

Its all too late now but I think the club could have helped Joe from the very beginning by talking publicly about the sale/potential buyers/potential January signings - basically anything to do with the administrative side of the club... thats where Llambias should have been stepping forward

I am sure it could have been better/easier for Joe if they had given him the responsibility they told us Kevin had, which was just to talk about the first team/games/injuries etc. Allowing Joe to be the lone mouth piece from the very beginning has done him no favours at all in my opinion.

Its all too late now but I think the club could have helped Joe from the very beginning by talking publicly about the sale/potential buyers/potential January signings - basically anything to do with the administrative side of the club... thats where Llambias should have been stepping forward

I am sure it could have been better/easier for Joe if they had given him the responsibility they told us Kevin had, which was just to talk about the first team/games/injuries etc. Allowing Joe to be the lone mouth piece from the very beginning has done him no favours at all in my opinion.

:lol:

So it really IS Ashley's fault! The evil fucking bastard!

Guest The Libertine
If I needed help then I think it should be up to me to ask for it and the same goes for Kinnear.  If he's asked for help and it hasn't been forthcoming then you have a point.

calderwood coming in would suggest he's either asked for help and got it or he's got him in to make his job a bit easier.

As much as I hate the man, he's still our manager and I certainly don't wish any physical ill on him.

Get well soon Joe, surely you'd rather be using your newly found money on a vacation in Aruba rather than facing the stresses of a relegation battle? :)

Joe Kinnear is huge right now for our club any one suggesting we need to replace him doesn't have the best interest of NUFC. We can not give him a longer contract but as the same time there is no way we can replace him right now and jeoprdize our future.

Is there anything else, quite so soap opera-esque, that could happen to us this season ?

Any minute now I reckon...Keegan will appear in the shower, say "Good morning" and we'll find out that the entire last season has been a "terrible dream".

:kinnear:

Is there anything else, quite so soap opera-esque, that could happen to us this season ?

Kevin Keegan comes out of the shower and the last 6 months was all a dream......

Mike Ashley gets shot - but by who ?

Team bus drives into River Tyne.........

Dennis Wise discovers he's Keegan's long lost lovechild............

Good luck to Joe, I've always liked the guy, he's out there genuinely doing his all for the club I think. I don't think any of us were too happy when he was appointed but he's done alright for us and kept us out of the bottom three. Best wishes mate and I hope you lead the boys to 5 wins straight when you get out of hospital.

At the hospital, Koe Kinnear, is found out to be Graeme Souness in a mask,..oops that would be scooby doo, not a soap.

Well in fairness the end of the season is shaping up to be a bit of a scrappy doo.

St James' Park is found to have been built on the site of ancient Roman temple, itself built on the remains of an even earlier celtic shrine, dedicated to the worship of local god Antenociticus. Undead Picts and zombie legionnaires stalk its buried corridors, while the anger of the scorned god, driven mad by his long confinement, radiates upward into the cursed SJP turf. Will Chris Mort arrive in time to appease the god with a ritual centre-circle sacrifice of Peter Beardsley before the crucial Premiership fixture...?