Pre Match: Newcastle United vs Everton - see OP for N-O podcast!

joeyt

Not that surprised tbh. Martins on the bench is probably wise all things considered and it would be difficult to drop one of Duff, Raylor and Saylor with 2 scoring in the last game and the other being our only set piece merchant. Would rather both were in the side, don't get me wrong, but its understandable why they're not.

I agree with giving this team. I liked the balance, and shoehorning Jonas or Martins in would disrupt the balance found in the last game.

Now time will tell if the last game is a one off, or have we indeed found the balance.

I agree with giving this team. I liked the balance, and shoehorning Jonas or Martins in would disrupt the balance found in the last game.

Now time will tell if the last game is a one off, or have we indeed found the balance.

We were terrible last game, it's just West Brom were even worse.

This is a terrible first XI. Pathetic.

Anyone got the two benches yet?

Subs: Tim Krul, Claudio Cacapa, Jonas Gutierrez, Alan Smith, Mark Viduka, Oba Martins, Geremi

Subs: Carlo Nash, Andy Van Der Meyde, Segundo Castillo, Louis Saha, Lars Jacobsen, Marouane Fellaini, James Wallace

That is because we are terrible, but at least we got players in an around the box last game, which is what we really need. Martins andJonas are for carpet teams playing from the back that will try to dominate possession, but we can't play like that.

Fucking shite. No fucking imagination or bottle from Hughton, We need Viduka up front for at least the first half, his hold up play is vital to relieve that woeful midfield, without that we will be dead and burried by half time. FOR FUCKS SAKE YOU CLUELESS CUNT

That is because we are terrible, but at least we got players in an around the box last game, which is what we really need. Martins andJonas are for carpet teams playing from the back that will try to dominate possession, but we can't play like that.

Don't talk soft. We played like that when Keegan was in charge.

We play better with Jonas & Martins in the team than when they're out of the team. I can understand Martins not being involved but why Jonas isn't is just beyond me.

I'm not too surprised about Martins being on the bench... but no Jonas - f***ing hell.

Exactly. It's not as if he was injured or anything. He was out due to suspension.

It basically comes down to not wanting to drop Duff.

We need Raylor's delivery so he should be in so Duff must go.