NUSC - Good or Bad?

indi
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

eerrr.......and our ambition is to be the only solvent club in the championship ?

Thats alright then.

How would our shareholders have aligned income with expenditure to remain solvent without selling our best players?

I don't know, how would our shareholders have aligned income with expenditure to remain solvent without selling our best players?

To get to the other side.

:thup:

That's the best answer the question is likely to get.

at least when I ask someone a question I know the answer  ;D

eerrr.......and our ambition is to be the only solvent club in the championship ?

Thats alright then.

How would our shareholders have aligned income with expenditure to remain solvent without selling our best players?

I don't know, how would our shareholders have aligned income with expenditure to remain solvent without selling our best players?

Only because you ignore what they say and invent an answer for them.

Thats alright then.

so what do you think of a managerial appointment that has won 4 titles with 2 different clubs and 3 manager of the year awards ?

Do you think it is a more worthy appointment than Joe Kinnear, or Souness and Allardyce, who you also expressed the belief would succeed, making at least 4 out of 6 appointments that you thought would succeed ?

Thats alright then.

so what do you think of a managerial appointment that has won 4 titles with 2 different clubs and 3 manager of the year awards ?

Do you think it is a more worthy appointment than Joe Kinnear, or Souness and Allardyce, who you also expressed the belief would succeed, making at least 4 out of 6 appointments that you thought would succeed ?

I think you should try for a bite in here.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,59578.0.html

You haven't gone one anywhere else you've tried.

:lol:

the sad thing is that you really still think Ashley is improving the club and is better than his predecessors, and anti-NUSC for that very reason

Bite Mick, bite. :lol:

As for the 'installment/staggered payment based manner of purchasing players' vs the new approach adopted by the Ashley regime ie. they'll only make a jump into the transfer market in the event of them being able to pay the fee in it's entirety, upfront - even if it forces the manager to sell players in order to make things happen.

One can see the obvious benefits of the former, when looking at our purchase of Woodgate, back in the dark days of Shepherd and Co. *Half the fee was payed upfront, while  the other half of the fee was to payed off 12 months after the transfer deal. *as per the agreement outlined via the press release given at the time of the transfer.

Woodgate provided stability to the back 4, at a time when the race for 3rd and 4th was on the line, and his signing was a major contributor to our second top 4 finish, considering that our midfield line didn't quite dominate & set the match tempo on a consistent basis as they did in 2001/02.

I suppose those who hark on the negatives with regards to such dealings - ie. those who share a somewhat fanatical obsession with the daily spreadsheets, of the day - will fail to apply the beautiful science of hindsight to this example.

Crying shame that. How dare they considere purchasing such a player, a difference maker, on so-called credit - to borrow Llamblarse's terminology. Damn that f**cking Shepherd.

Ironically NUSC have operated in many ways pretty much along the same lines as Ashley and co have with Newcastle United in terms of poor communication and bad management etc. yet many fans are not only willing to forgive and forget Ashley and co, but some have actually bent over backwards to defend them. And yet NUSC gets dogs abuse. I find that incredibly sad.

They can't be condemned and written off after a mere few months in operation. If NUSC don't get off the ground and become a fully fledged supporters club it will say far more about the wider fan base than anything of the NUSC or their members and would in terms of the long-term be a sore loss to the club and us as fans I feel.

They do however badly need some new direction and perhaps leadership not to mention ideas. I support the idea of a supporters club but not so much NUSC as they are at the moment, but lets not forget these are just ordinary people who don't deserve to be judged by so seemingly high standards and professionalism.

They need time and we as fans must afford if not the people running NUSC, the supporters club itself, the time it will obviously take to become more than just a protest group, that can only come however with more fan involvement.

And speaking of more fan involvement I think the people behind NUSC should give serious thought to free membership because at current I can't see it getting the kind of numbers needed to be anything other than what it is today.

In relation to this point. Did Man United corresponding supporters' group attract a membership based fee, and did the associating pooling of any fees lead to them acquiring an eventual & minor stake in the club?

the sad thing is that you really still think Ashley is improving the club and is better than his predecessors, and anti-NUSC for that very reason

And if that was his opinion why would the concern you ?

They seem to be all for highlighting the problems of the club, but don't go quite as far fixing them.

unlike people who debate on the internet.

Who don't pretend to be trying to fix the problems

where as NUSC get off thier arses in attempt to make things happen.

In a way which alienates them from alot of fans, show themselves to be a anti-ashley group and fail to provide any solutions to the problems they come up with.

I'm not sure if this point has been addressed already but I can't be arsed trawling through the entire thread.

Tell me, who has the solution to our current problems? No one has as far as I can see. What NUSC appear to have done is offer to work with the current regime in order to influence and hopefully solve our problems together so while not being convinced about Ashley's intentions or ability to get us out of our current predicament they are at least offering to try work with the regime and present the fan's views in order to help find a solution.

Guest VegasToon

Promoting NUSC and get a few more members apparently.

And to keep up the "NUFC fans are mongs" sentiments in the papers/on the tv - wouldn't want to let those get away.

Can you link me to the most recent example of that please?

The Keegan protest?  Thats pretty recent.  Cockney Mafia Banner?  Is that recent enough?

Guest fading star

And to keep up the "NUFC fans are mongs" sentiments in the papers/on the tv - wouldn't want to let those get away.

The Keegan protest?  Thats pretty recent.  Cockney Mafia Banner?  Is that recent enough?

NUSC had nothing to do with the Cockney Mafia Out banner. 

And if that was his opinion why would the concern you ?

why does it concern you ?

Guest VegasToon

No they didn't, but will the media say that? 

There was a banner which said something like that (can't remember) and had the NUSC logo on it which is a rip off of the one in the era of the old silver away strip circa Chris Waddle etc.

Guest toonlass

There was a banner which said something like that (can't remember) and had the NUSC logo on it which is a rip off of the one in the era of the old silver away strip circa Chris Waddle etc.

Was that the "No more geordie cash for Ashley" one?

Was that the "No more geordie cash for Ashley" one?

Something like that - can't really remember - same sentiments different words.

What did NUSC have to do with the CMO banner?

It was the work of one individual iirc.

No they didn't, but will the media say that? 

The media in England have been very sympathetic to the NUSC. You can read the articles on the NUSC site.