Hughton and Calderwood 'will continue to take charge of first team'

jimmymag

I hope they wouldn't be keeping the seat warm for JFK. Now his ill health is unfortunate and I don't wish that on him, but if we have to lose him for the rest of this season then so be it. When we get to the end of the season, get rid of the whole idea of him managing the club.

He's not good enough, and - sadly - I'd rather we didn't rely on a poor manager with major health problems. He might come back, get us through a few games, and then have his issues flare up again. As morbid as it sounds I'd rather we had a manager with consistently good health. He's not worth the risk.

I hope they wouldn't be keeping the seat warm for JFK. Now his ill health is unfortunate and I don't wish that on him, but if we have to lose him for the rest of this season then so be it. When we get to the end of the season, get rid of the whole idea of him managing the club.

He's not good enough, and - sadly - I'd rather we didn't rely on a poor manager with major health problems. He might come back, get us through a few games, and then have his issues flare up again. As morbid as it sounds I'd rather we had a manager with consistently good health. He's not worth the risk.

Can't disagree with any of that.

Agreed, Syrette. From a footballing ('business' :iamatwat: ) perspective, if they were considering keeping him on - if anything this should nullify any ideas like that... as if they needed their minds making up anyway. :nope:

Some of you lot really are f***ing hilarious :lol:

What the f*** are you upset about? Us missing out on the CL next season? Get it through your thick brains! Our club is in turmoil, and has been for the last 3 or 4 years. The public/world/football opinion of NUFC in that time has been of a piece of s*** mickey mouse club. We have a massive storm to weather, whether we like it or not. Chris Hughton, Ray Houghton, or not.

Grow the f*** up some of you ffs!!

I'm upset about the fact that the club just blew off a golden opportunity to amicably cut ties with Joe Kinnear and appoint a manager that's actually qualified for the job that can save us from relegation in the short term and offer some mid-table stability for a few years. Who the f*** was talking about CL qualification?

Instead, they've chosen to take a massive gamble on our Premiership status by leaving us effectively managerless until the end of the season, all because they're desperate to offer a long term contract to a manager who's not only f***ing s***, completely insane, and utterly out of his depth, but who also shouldn't be doing the job for his own health's sake.

What about that decision makes sense to you? I'd really like to know.

Nothing about the decision makes any sense to me! I never said that. All I said was, what or who the hell were people expecting us to bloody employ? Guus Hiddink? Phil Scolari? Do you really believe that Ashley thinks Kinnear is a better manager than those two? Do you really believe Ashley continues to employ Kinnear because he thinks he's the dog's bollocks of football management?

Besides. I'll think about maybe busting a nut when the club confirm via the official website that Hughton is in charge for the rest of the season, with NO new manager coming in, and that Kinnear has in fact signed "the contract" and will be staying on for 2 more seasons.

I wasn't expect Scolari or Hiddink. What I was expecting was having a manager at all.

There are plenty of managers out there currently with a Championship club or unemployed that we could bring in to keep us up and give us stability for a couple of years. The fact that they didn't even try was worse than criminal.

You know that Kinnear will sign the contract on his hospital bed and will be here for the foreseeable future. That's the only logical explanation.

Ok mate. Give me a link to where it states for a fact that "they didn't even try". Thanks.

I'm sure they approached plenty of managers in the 24 hours since they realized Kinnear had to have surgery before reaching their decision to do nothing.

Yes 24 hours.

24 fucking hours and you are outraged that we might be anouncing that we are to appoint CH as caretaker. We have a fella with a heart condition who may or may not be going into surgery tomorrow and I for one wouldn't be the heartless fucker who you suggest should have sat by Kinnears bed and demand he resigns or is sacked to 'amicably' cut ties.

Christ, of course CH will be in charge, and over the coming days or weeks maybe it will be decided that we have to bring in other people, maybe a new manager if one can be found. But this outrage that Chris has taken charge when we should be ripping apart the management and backroom staff again after 24 fucking hours, and to top it all, that that somehow that confirms that we are intent on having JFK here long term is just rubbish. Rubbish.

Some of you lot really are f***ing hilarious :lol:

What the f*** are you upset about? Us missing out on the CL next season? Get it through your thick brains! Our club is in turmoil, and has been for the last 3 or 4 years. The public/world/football opinion of NUFC in that time has been of a piece of s*** mickey mouse club. We have a massive storm to weather, whether we like it or not. Chris Hughton, Ray Houghton, or not.

Grow the f*** up some of you ffs!!

I'm upset about the fact that the club just blew off a golden opportunity to amicably cut ties with Joe Kinnear and appoint a manager that's actually qualified for the job that can save us from relegation in the short term and offer some mid-table stability for a few years. Who the f*** was talking about CL qualification?

Instead, they've chosen to take a massive gamble on our Premiership status by leaving us effectively managerless until the end of the season, all because they're desperate to offer a long term contract to a manager who's not only f***ing s***, completely insane, and utterly out of his depth, but who also shouldn't be doing the job for his own health's sake.

What about that decision makes sense to you? I'd really like to know.

Nothing about the decision makes any sense to me! I never said that. All I said was, what or who the hell were people expecting us to bloody employ? Guus Hiddink? Phil Scolari? Do you really believe that Ashley thinks Kinnear is a better manager than those two? Do you really believe Ashley continues to employ Kinnear because he thinks he's the dog's bollocks of football management?

Besides. I'll think about maybe busting a nut when the club confirm via the official website that Hughton is in charge for the rest of the season, with NO new manager coming in, and that Kinnear has in fact signed "the contract" and will be staying on for 2 more seasons.

I wasn't expect Scolari or Hiddink. What I was expecting was having a manager at all.

There are plenty of managers out there currently with a Championship club or unemployed that we could bring in to keep us up and give us stability for a couple of years. The fact that they didn't even try was worse than criminal.

You know that Kinnear will sign the contract on his hospital bed and will be here for the foreseeable future. That's the only logical explanation.

Ok mate. Give me a link to where it states for a fact that "they didn't even try". Thanks.

I'm sure they approached plenty of managers in the 24 hours since they realized Kinnear had to have surgery before reaching their decision to do nothing.

Yes 24 hours.

24 f***ing hours and you are outraged that we might be anouncing that we are to appoint CH as caretaker. We have a fella with a heart condition who may or may not be going into surgery tomorrow and I for one wouldn't be the heartless fucker who you suggest should have sat by Kinnears bed and demand he resigns or is sacked to 'amicably' cut ties.

Christ, of course CH will be in charge, and over the coming days or weeks maybe it will be decided that we have to bring in other people, maybe a new manager if one can be found. But this outrage that Chris has taken charge when we should be ripping apart the management and backroom staff again after 24 f***ing hours, and to top it all, that that somehow that confirms that we are intent on having JFK here long term is just rubbish. Rubbish.

A voice of reason. At last. AMEN!!

I had a feeling that we would try and get by with the caretaker boss for a while. Hughton's unlucky in that although he'll have more players available this time round, he's once again going to be in charge during a tough run of games.

I'm hoping that Ashley will be looking to get a replacement manager in during the summer when it will be easier to prise them away from their clubs.

IMO, its time for the job to be offered to Shearer until the end of the season.

He can come in, if he steers us away from trouble, the club can ask him (or he can ask the club!) about becoming a permanent manager.

If he's cack, and god forbid we go down, he can walk back to MOTD, with his reputation not really harmed due to only being in charge for a handful of games.

Has to be a better option than Hughton IMO.

He can come in, if he steers us away from trouble, the club can ask him (or he can ask the club!) about becoming a permanent manager.

If he's cack, and god forbid we go down, he can walk back to MOTD, with his reputation not really harmed due to only being in charge for a handful of games.

There's just one tiny flaw in that cunning plan Baldrick...

He'll want his chance when we're more stable, doubt he'd want to tarnish his reputation on his first opportunity in management.

if you mean that Kinnear's still knocking about, then in all fairness, I think the club should act and try to reach some form of mutual agreement with him and paying out his contract until the end of the season.

His health comes first.  On top of that I think his doctor will probably advise him to pack in.

if you mean that Kinnear's still knocking about, then in all fairness, I think the club should act and try to reach some form of mutual agreement with him and paying out his contract until the end of the season.

His health comes first.  On top of that I think his doctor will probably advise him to pack in.

I mean Shearer's already let it be known he would never work under the current set up. I don't think Ashley took kindly to Shearer's public opinions either so it's a non-starter.

I mean Shearer's already let it be known he would never work under the current set up. I don't think Ashley took kindly to Shearer's public opinions either so it's a non-starter.

his arm could be twisted if he was prepared to negotiate.  He was going to retire until the pillock Souness had a word.

So, the day after Llambias tells the fans that there is now going to be a new era of open communication between the club and the fans, our manager gets sidelined for the rest of the season and they don't release an official statement of any sort. I would be happy with an acknowledgement that JFK is having the surgery and some indication that they're working out a plan. Anything, really.

Fair enough they could have said something, but its pretty obvious we will just sit tight at the moment and see how Joe recovers over the weekend. Calderwood and Hughton are in temporary charge thats hardly anything new. Things will be clearer this time next week, if not before.

However I really dont like this wait and see "gamble" approach with our current coaches, if things didnt go well for the first few games with them in charge we could find ourselves in real trouble regardless of who we bring in to try and diffuse the situation.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-delay-decision-on-manager-1607078.html

tin hat on but I wouldnt mind seeing Gus Poyet added to the staff (not in charge) We need one more regardless of it being a manager/coach.

Hughton was the worst caretaker manager i have ever seen.  Have they learnt nothing if this is true?!  We are more likely to sink down the table with this guy in charge than pushing on up and we are hardly safe now.  Ridiculous move, keep him in charge of one game maximum.

Hughton was the worst caretaker manager i have ever seen.  Have they learnt nothing if this is true?!  We are more likely to sink down the table with this guy in charge than pushing on up and we are hardly safe now.  Ridiculous move, keep him in charge of one game maximum.

:lol:

Very different circumstances from last time he was in charge, hopefully he can keep us up, would prefer a proper manager like.

Exactly.   This is not like last time (although we're not out of the woods yet). But the situation is more under control than the last time that Hughton was thrust into it. Situation is not perfect, but better than last time.

I do wonder if they are NOT hiring a proper manager, so that they can start afresh during the summer without an incumbent in the way.

That's the only explanation that makes sense.

That would be true, if it was a regime that I had any faith in at all. Although one thing I'll give Hughton is when he was talking on Goals On Sunday he said about the West Brom game what we had to do was attack. Which is a stark contrast to Joe's philosiphies already.

Guest Brazilianbob

So, the day after Llambias tells the fans that there is now going to be a new era of open communication between the club and the fans, our manager gets sidelined for the rest of the season and they don't release an official statement of any sort. I would be happy with an acknowledgement that JFK is having the surgery and some indication that they're working out a plan. Anything, really.

For gods sake, the club can only release a statement once they have the full picture from the heart consultant.  It would be a bit tactless to say the least to go barging in demanding to know the prognosis even before Kinnear has had the op.

Even if they are expecting to have to replace Kinnear, it takes more than a few days to draw up a list , arrange a meeting and to reach a decision on whether to make an offer to the likes of Venables etc.  Also what if they do just that and Venables turns us down, the club then have to approach someone else, and again this takes time.  Try and have a bit of patience!

Some people on here are unbelieveable, they demand instant action to replace the manager, yet when the club do just that, those same people will be the first ones calling for heads to roll because they consider the club have rushed their decision to appoint whoever is unfortunate enough to be seduced by the lure of NUFC.