Darlington FC

Neil

Guest Roger Kint

EchoPeterBarron Peter Barron

Next 3 games go on: admin has done deal with #darlo rescue group

1 minute ago

Just got to find people to turn out for those 3 games now......

Guest Roger Kint

Last I read, the sacked players could be hired on a game-by-game basis.

Some have found clubs i think i read, depends when the next game is i suppose. Saturday gives them about 48 hours to register them again.

For all the mismanagement that's gone on over the years, it's bloody depressing that the town have abandoned the club too.

They are allowed 10000 inside the "Arena" and they've got two home games in a week, if they reduced tickets to, say, a tenner and people in the town rallied round and filled that capacity, that's £200k, I don't know the ins and outs of how much they need to keep going week on week but I bet it would keep them going for a while - instead the local rag's having to pay for the petrol to get them to games and they've got people begging for spare change outside the Riverside.

I'm close to saying I'd go myself and I grew up for years absolutely hating the bastards as much as the mackems, that's how bad it is, people from Darlington should be tripping over themselves to offer their support.

Isn't that one of the main problems though, I read somewhere it's costing them around £80k a month to stay in that stadium. So the £200k wouldn't last to long. It was said on the news last night but maybe the best thing that could have happened was the end of the club and then starting again without having to have the stadium costs each month.

isnt it more sensible to let it go bust. Wipe out the debts, then reboot it with slightly differnt name? I mean who gives a monkeys arse about `the tradition and history` of the Quakers.....not exactly a world beater club.

Nothing wrong with restarting a club that had to fold. But any logic was blown out of the water with that ridiculously arrogant statement. :lol:

isnt it more sensible to let it go bust. Wipe out the debts, then reboot it with slightly differnt name? I mean who gives a monkeys arse about `the tradition and history` of the Quakers.....not exactly a world beater club.

Weren't they the first proffessional club in England to employ a black player? Don't agree only 'world-beater' clubs have valuable tradition, always sad when one goes under. May be more sensible to start a new one slightly different name (and not in that stadium obviously), and wouldn't think it makes a massive difference to the 'tradition', everyone would know it was pretty much the same club. Still sad though.

lol wat

Nothing wrong with restarting a club that had to fold. But any logic was blown out of the water with that ridiculously arrogant statement. :lol:

I'm guessing it was a sarcastic comment about my post rather than being arrogant.

They can play these next few games with loan signings.

Just mentioned on the Legends that apparently Pardew has said Craig Liddle has only to pick up the phone and we'll send players down.  However, they can't be any older than 19.

Mowbray apparently said similar.  Nice gesture.

If Pardew has said that then he's just gone up in my estimation.

Just mentioned on the Legends that apparently Pardew has said Craig Liddle has only to pick up the phone and we'll send players down.  However, they can't be any older than 19.

Yep, brilliant. Pardew does have a lot of time for non-league football though considering he started his career there and has bought players from there before.

Be weird if Darlo fielded a team made up of Newcastle, Boro, Mackem etc youngsters.

Guest Heneage

Yep, brilliant. Pardew does have a lot of time for non-league football though considering he started his career there and has bought players from there before.

Be weird if Darlo fielded a team made up of Newcastle, Boro, Mackem etc youngsters.

I said the other day, I'm amazed the three big clubs (or the owners) haven't considered investing with a view to using it like a local feeder club.

Guest Heneage

I'm not talking about buying as that obviously contravenes  rules. I'm sure you can set up feeder clubs in this country can't you? (Using FM for my knowledge on this tbh :lol:).

They all just put cash in and send players down there. I appreciate it doesn't remove the burden of the stadium but it's a start.