Darlington FC

Neil

Isn't the wage situation dictated more by other revenue streams (ie TV money) than it is by matchday tickets, though?

TV money's certainly a big part of it but matchday revenue is massive. Look at how screwed Everton are even at full capacity every week because they can't afford to build a new ground to compete with the likes of us, or the London clubs who can charge twice the price for the same capacity. If we have an extra 10k over Everton at an average of £25 a ticket, that's a quarter of a million per fortnight they're down on us.

Aren't the ticket price in non-league football dicated by the league which they play in? Think it's about £10-12 to watch Blyth in the Conference North. Am sure there is a minimum price they have to charge.

Looks very much like Darlo are headed to the wall. Sad times. :(

Guest johnson293

Talk on the radio this morning was that this was the critical 24 hours.

Potential bidders had till 12pm today to lodge their bids/plans for the club, which would then be looked at by the administrators, and at 12pm tomorrow, the administrators will announce whether any of the bids is viable.

So this time tomorrow, Darlo could be gone..... or saved.

Potential bidders had till 12pm today to lodge their bids/plans for the club, which would then be looked at by the administrators, and at 12pm tomorrow, the administrators will announce whether any of the bids is viable.

Darlo will be gone in my opinion. Any bids made now will be for the assets, I.E. the land, and Sunderland will probably put in a bid for the remaining red seats.

Darlo will be gone in my opinion. Any bids made now will be for the assists, I.E. the land, and Sunderland will probably put in a bid for the remaining red seats.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Darlo will be gone in my opinion. Any bids made now will be for the assists, I.E. the land, and Sunderland will probably put in a bid for the remaining red seats.

The club doesn't own the stadium so not really sure what assets they have?

Guest Roger Kint

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe we should buy the assists. If we can get enough even Shola or Obertan might score a few :D

The club doesn't own the stadium so not really sure what assets they have?

Ner man, he knows that! He's on about selling the assists. Which of course is a very valid point!

Looks like it's over.

RyanBowman12 Ryan Bowman

No more Darlington Football Club!!

(player... well, ex-player)

The end of #darlo? Defender James Gray says so: RT @james_tippy10: Not the news everyone is after !So sorry to all fans ! Clubs gone #gutted

Guest Wally_McFool

Here's hoping they reform in some capacity and bounce back, after all they wouldn't be the first team to do so.

So what happens now? The ground? The clubs place in the league? The fans?

The ground gets sold on, possibly for housing.

All games against Darlington are null and void.

The fans will either set up a new team, supports someone else, or just not bother.

Darlo Rescue Group saying they're offering the money to keep the club going until the end of the month, but looks like the administrator has made the decision. Bizarre live coverage on Radio Tees currently saying how they'll know within the hour either way.