U23s & Academy

Skirge

Guest palnese

It's a surprise to me that more footballers with long-term injuries don't do that kind of thing, good for him.

:thup:

He's most likely finished as a footballer. Preparing for the future can only be a good thing.

It's a surprise to me that more footballers with long-term injuries don't do that kind of thing, good for him.

He's most likely finished as a footballer. Preparing for the future can only be a good thing.

Back in August :thup:

Guest palnese

We'll see. Spending two years on the sidelines at this stage of his career will surely ruin him? At least at the top level.

We'll see. Spending two years on the sidelines at this stage of his career will surely ruin him? At least at the top level.

Don't know if he will be any good but that's when he's hoping to be back

I saw Good play against Hibs last friday. Very solid and calm defender and you would have thought that he is much older than 20.  Overall the game was really poor,  but he played well.

Seems like Donachie was having a bit of a dig at the youth players of today. I'm guessing some of them are full of themselves and he's lost the plot with one of them. Rumour was it was Streete so wonder what his attitude is actually like.

Guest palnese

Seems like Donachie was having a bit of a dig at the youth players of today. I'm guessing some of them are full of themselves and he's lost the plot with one of them. Rumour was it was Streete so wonder what his attitude is actually like.

Think that's been confirmed.

Think that's been confirmed.

:thup: Didn't know it had. He's took responsibility for his actions which obviously he has too but basically saying they are cunts at the same time :lol: He's never struck me on the pitch as one who would have a poor attitude, seemed a committed lad.

He might not have been talking about Street in particular as that incident happened straight after a match.  I think it was more a generalisation about young players and their attitude to football today.  With regards to NUFC, there seems to have been plenty of occasions when people have reported on some of our kids (who have never been near the first team) acting Billy Bigtime and of course they are earning loads in comparison to their contemporaries which doesn't help.

He might not have been talking about Street in particular as that incident happened straight after a match.  I think it was more a generalisation about young players and their attitude to football today.  With regards to NUFC, there seems to have been plenty of occasions when people have reported on some of our kids (who have never been near the first team) acting Billy Bigtime and of course they are earning loads in comparison to their contemporaries which doesn't help.

True, could be what you're saying. Think it's recognised around the country now that kids coming through are acting like they've made it soon as a contract is signed. Something does need put in place to bring them back down to earth. With the money just constantly increasing though, it's hard to seeing it being put to a stop anytime soon.

Raylor. :thup:

I really hope he comes back and gets another few season's of playing. One cruciate killed Owen's career at age 27 so Raylor will do well to come back from two at age 29. Somehow I think he will play again, whether or not it's with us. Not a Toon legend by any stretch but, ya know, over the wall n that. :smitten:

Raylor. :thup:

I really hope he comes back and gets another few season's of playing. One cruciate killed Owen's career at age 27 so Raylor will do well to come back from two at age 29. Somehow I think he will play again, whether or not it's with us. Not a Toon legend by any stretch but, ya know, over the wall n that. :smitten:

I think he's a chance.  He was never reliant on pace  :lol: