U23s & Academy

Skirge

Are the later stages of this ever televised?

the final is two legged and normally on sky.  The semi is also 2 legged although that normally isn't on tv but with a home 1/4 final against Blackburn it is now possible for home games all the way to the final.

Cracking game tonight,  thought NUFC played really well and but for inspired goalkeeping,  last ditch defending and poor finishing could have scored a hatful.  Think QPR scored with there only chance of the first half.  Would have been a travesty if NUFC hadn't got through although maybe got lucky with the penalty award. 

Enjoyed last nights game. It even took my mind off how cold i was. Thought the toon played some exciting football. Neat and creative. Thought Marcus Maddison on the right wing was outstanding. We dominated throughout, but i was beginning to think a goal wouldn't come. As the bloke in front of me said, "If it had been a boxing match, it would have been stopped long before the end."

Lets hope for a good turnout in the quarter final v Blackburn, and a warmer night, please.

League and cup double still on.

Need Bearsdley back managing the reserves  :frantic:

Horrible record under Donachie so far, leaking goals at the back.

If that's a comment on yesterday's performance then take a look at the side Everton put out and then look at ours. 4 of their side were on the bench for the Chelsea game and there are a couple of others who could be considered first team squad players. Whereas ours was genuine reserve/youth team most of whom are leaving at the end of the season.

What's the crack with so many reserve games, both home and away, being played behind closed doors? I'm sure it never used to be like that

been like that for a couple of seasons now.

Gutted for Campbell to get crocked at such an important time in the U18's season.  Need to hope Streete stays fully fit now,  we need him and Storey to stay fit in the middle of the defence,  bit like the first team,  if the centre halfs pick up an injury then we'll struggle.

What's the crack with so many reserve games, both home and away, being played behind closed doors? I'm sure it never used to be like that

been like that for a couple of seasons now.

Gutted for Campbell to get crocked at such an important time in the U18's season.  Need to hope Streete stays fully fit now,  we need him and Storey to stay fit in the middle of the defence,  bit like the first team,  if the centre halfs pick up an injury then we'll struggle.

Aye, he'll miss the Cup run-in and the derby that's coming up.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Wait a second, when and why did Beardsley leave the reserves? I missed this somehow.

He's like Technical Director for Development or something now (can't remember off the top of my head). Scouts and coaches.