U23s & Academy

Skirge

Definitely a future Olise/Eze type player in Sanusi. Got a lot of growing to do first though. As an aside I really think we should go down the route of picking up top 6 youth releases or even just raiding them if they’re looking elsewhere for a first team pathway ala Alfie Harrison. 

They get released for myriad reasons, not solely because they aren’t good enough. Sometimes there’s just no room in the first team for them because of what’s already ahead of them and they’d have to wait too long to get their chance.

IMO Man City have a conveyor belt of talent, all just like Lavia, Palmer, Lewis etc that could go for £20m+ with only a small amount of first team games. If any of Alfa-Ruprecht, Warhurst or O’Reilly to name just three become available, we should snap them up. 

Wild we actually have a handful of exciting prospects. Exciting times that is clearly going to double before too long.

Still a couple or years off being useful for Europe HG rules but we will get there.

I've not heard of Blyth Town, so guessing they're quite far down the leagues. 

I know they're playing kids, but it must be a great experience for their players.

Excellent work by Alfie to create that goal. Finding space to receive the pass, perfect weighted pass to play through our striker.

I wish they would put more games on YouTube. I know this is at St James’ but other clubs manage to put their league games on. Would be interesting if we keep investing in exciting prospects like Harrison

13 minutes ago, toonfanman said:

I wish they would put more games on YouTube. I know this is at St James’ but other clubs manage to put their league games on. Would be interesting if we keep investing in exciting prospects like Harrison

Especially knowing it’s being recorded for analysis purposes anyway. I honestly thought the club would be expanding their online presence more than they have done, even if it is still light years ahead of the Ashley era non offering

Why we not keeping Diallo? He seems to have loads about him.

Certainly will find a career somewhere.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Why we not keeping Diallo? He seems to have loads about him.

Certainly will find a career somewhere.

Think the theory is he'll have a career somewhere but it won't be at our intended level so we're creating space for younger kids who have a better shot.

Blyth players proper gutted. 

We should have won much easier. Some really poor finishing and final ball passing.

I like how quick the team breaks though and some great moments And interplay. Great vision from the rcb (Maybe it was the RB) at one point later in the second half putting our right winger through. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Caught 50 mins or so. Really like the look of Harrison.

Saw 10 min, that was enough for me! Level above everyone else.

Edited by ATB

18 hours ago, 54 said:

I've not heard of Blyth Town, so guessing they're quite far down the leagues. 

I know they're playing kids, but it must be a great experience for their players.

They only formed like 20 years ago or something. They've come along way very quickly. 

40 minutes ago, OCK said:

They only formed like 20 years ago or something. They've come along way very quickly. 

Well funded I'm told.