Hull City vs Newcastle United - March Sat 14 KO-15:00

Skirge

Harper

Taylor  Coloccini  Bassong  Enrique

Taylor  Geremi  Smith  Gutierrez

Martins  Lovenkrands

... i think just about everyone earned the right to hold onto their shirts tonight, bar arguably Smith - but the fitness issues of the rest of the squad need to be taken into consideration. Guthrie's not too far away, and Butt's out for about six weeks isn't he?

Hopefully Owen will get atleast a ten minute cameo.

Butts been completely useless near all season apart from the Everton game.

On smiths showing tonight hes far far far more of an option than butt.

I'd like to know what about Smith impressed you so much today.

The fact that he only passed the ball straight to the opposition twice?

You are thinking of Nicky Butt, the short, ridiculously old, balding English midfielder right?  The one who peaked as a player about a decade ago and is battling Shola Ameobi for the honour of worst player in this god awful team?

No, I'm thinking about Alan Smith, the English midfielder with the ridiculous hair. The one who peaked as a player about a decade ago and is the only person who stops Shola Ameobi from claiming the honour of worst player in this god awful team.

oldtype: your view isnt on Smith's performent yesterday but on how he played before his injury. Tbf I was wishing that Alan Smith would leave the club in the summer transfer window with Ameobi, I think he is a shite player.

His performans yesterday was ok, he did bring some fighting spirit back into our players. He was always shouting, and trying to play the easy ball when he could, and more often than not he hit the newcastle player. Butt has been giving the ball away and made stuipid tackles(many wich led to penalties) for 27 league games now. Smith is a better player than but imho.  PS! According to PhysioRoom Nicky Butt is injured with no returndate.

MUST win.

Looking at our upcoming matches, we wont be picking up too many points and this is the best chance of a win. Also given the fact Hull are fuckin shite, we will be in the fast lane of the slippery slope to relegation if we dont get all 3 points.

Guest Stephen927

Think I heard on MOTD that Hull have won 1 in the last 18 games.

If we really can't beat them, then we don't deserve to be in the Premiership.

It's all right playing well against the Man Uniteds of this world but as happened last night you can play well but still lose a lot of the time. It's games against the newly promoted teams and bottom end of the table that are your bread and butter.

-----------------------Harper

S.Tay---------Colo---------------Bass----------Jose

R.Tay---------Gere-------------Smith-----------Jonas

----------------Oba--------------Love

BENCH

Krul

Cacapa

Edgar

Guthrie

Lua Lua

Carroll

Owen

Defeat, and its curtains - a point MAY - just MAY - save the club at the death, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Hull are guaranteed to give this game everything - they have beaten NUFC in the last 2 meetings, and will see it as a chance to re-ignite their survival fight ; any lack of physical commitment by Newcastle will be punished...expect a nerve-shredding 90 mins which could determine the club's fate next season.

Barring any training ground injuries (I know, I know...) we'll only have two first senior players out for Hull (Beye and Barton) and one of them (Barton) isn't even guaranteed a first team place.  Things are looking up ever so slightly.

Jesus man way too jink his anyways............. :razz:

With Oba and Loven up fornt we will get chances, that is clear from last night. However, with Geremi and Smith in midfield, they will have ball an awful lot too. Hopefully, they show a lack of firepower and we take our chances.

Who returns for this game, just Owen?

Guest Darth Toon

According to Physioroom we have Duff, Owen, Guthrie and Gonzalez  :kasper: back for this one.

Guthrie has to come straight back into CM, it's a toss-up whether to pair him with Geremi or Smith - I would go for:

Harper

R Taylor - Coloccini - Bassong - Enrique

Duff - Smith - Guthrie - Jonas

Martins - Owen

In that case i would go for:

Harper

Taylor    Coloccini    Bassong    Enrique

Butt

Guthrie

Taylor                                        Jonas

Loven

Martins

Depending on Owens fitness.

For me Loven and Martins must start up front, they provide genuine threat on the break. Owen will be a nice insurance policy on the bench, there's no need to rush him back in the first match he's available. I'm not sure I'd start Guthrie either, it's a big match I'm not convinced he always shows up in these games.

For the love of God please keep Butt out of the team.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Smith was sh*te  before his recent injury, I don't why he would be any better now.

Well I'm not confident as I'm going to the game and my away record is horrific.

But, I hope we pull something out of the bag. Such a crucial game, I couldn't bear to watch us really fuck it up. :kinnear:

Guest Heneage

Guthrie's back for this one I think which will be good.  Smith and Guthrie CM with an unchanged side.

Geremi for me all day.