Hull City vs Newcastle United - March Sat 14 KO-15:00

Skirge

I think if Guthrie is back then Smith should be dropped, he offers nothing, at least Geremi has abit of vision and creativity about him.

Aye but he laso has no legs, you'll need that gainst hull.  I'm sick of these fecking injuries, if we'd had Barton and Nolan(if we'd had him then) fit all season we'd be about 10th.

Guest Stephen927

Think I heard on MOTD that Hull have won 1 in the last 18 games.

This is Newcastle, when a club is in that sort of form, we come along and give them their win.

Derby County, damn you Allardyce  :angry:

No win, no Premiership football next season.

Of course it wont be definite, but for me we may aswell, given the fact we have 4 very tough games after it. I just cant see all the sides around us not gaining points in the next 5 games, we have to be gaining with them.

Relegation isn't settled at the end of those games though, what you're talking about is dropping into the bottom three, not relegation.  I agree we have to beat Hull to keep the situation from going totally into the shitter, but we do have 5 games after the ones you mentioned, three of which are at home against sides in a similar position as us.

By the way, one of the four games you mentioned is against the Spuds, need I say more?

Guest Stephen927

Why don't we just settle up Viduka's contract now? No point hanging onto the f***ing waster.

Why give him his money in advance, keep him on until the end of the season and give him extra laps in training.

He might take a deal though, 80% of his contract up front and he can fuck off back to where he actually wants to be.

sitting on his arse, he can get his full pay, so doubt he will take a deal, unless he wants some sun.

difficult to predict the midfield for this one:

Harper

S. Taylor    Colo      Bassong    Enrique

R. Taylor      ?            ?            Jonas

Oba        Løvenkrands

ameobi should not play.....if løvenkrands dosen´t perform then caroll at half time

Its amazing how awful bad our central midfield is. Its the reason for our terrible terrible season....WITHOUT A DOUBT. We hould sack all our central midfielders except nolan and guthrie which both would be decent in the championship next year :crazy2:             

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1580974,00.html#continue

It's A Cup Final Comeback - MO

By Craig Hope

MICHAEL Owen is preparing himself for a return to the Newcastle United side in a game he has labelled a "Cup Final".

The Magpie skipper, missing since injuring his ankle at Man City in January, is on course to make a comeback in next weekend's relegation six-pointer at Hull City.

And the 29-year-old believes that the outcome of matches against fellow-strugglers such as Hull, Stoke, Portsmouth and Middlesbrough is ultimately what will determine United's top-flight status.

"The game at Hull City on Saturday week is at the moment shaping up to be our Cup Final - and the other games against teams around us, Stoke City, Portsmouth and Middlesbrough, could also be crucial," said the 10-goal hitman

"We've got some tough games coming up, yes, but we've also got some very winnable games - games which, if we do win them, will put our biggest rivals in trouble."

It was Owen's goals during last year's run-in which went a long way to preserving the Geordies' Premier League standing, and the England man has called on his team-mates to produce a repeat of that late-season form.

"There's no denying that we're in the middle of the relegation scrap, but myself and the lads have no doubt in our minds that we have enough quality to pull clear," he added.

"However, this is now the time when we have to stand up and be counted - just like we did last year, when we put together a very good seven-match unbeaten run.

"That sort of sequence is well within our capabilities, and while we have some tough home fixtures in a row, which started against Manchester United and continues with Arsenal and Chelsea, it is the other games against teams around us that are going to be most significant."

Harper

Taylor  Coloccini  Bassong  Enrique

Taylor  Geremi  Smith  Gutierrez

Martins  Lovenkrands

... i think just about everyone earned the right to hold onto their shirts tonight, bar arguably Smith - but the fitness issues of the rest of the squad need to be taken into consideration. Guthrie's not too far away, and Butt's out for about six weeks isn't he?

Hopefully Owen will get atleast a ten minute cameo.

Butt was on the bench against man u. I hope he doesn't even make that next time regardless. Butt has cost us so many points this season with bad passes in bad areas we can't risk playing him again.

Harper

Taylor  Coloccini  Bassong  Enrique

Taylor  Geremi  Smith  Gutierrez

Martins  Lovenkrands

... i think just about everyone earned the right to hold onto their shirts tonight, bar arguably Smith - but the fitness issues of the rest of the squad need to be taken into consideration. Guthrie's not too far away, and Butt's out for about six weeks isn't he?

Hopefully Owen will get atleast a ten minute cameo.

Butt was on the bench against man u. I hope he doesn't even make that next time regardless. Butt has cost us so many points this season with bad passes in bad areas we can't risk playing him again.

Agree 100%, its funny how we seem to blame the defenders for the goals we concede but a lot of them would not have come about if Butt had not given the ball away and put us under pressure, of course its not him all of the time but a lot of the time it is.

Think we have more chance of beating Arsenal at home than Hull away

Arsenal are going to be pumped now that Villa are showing signs of wobbling, I doubt we will beat them or Chelsea who have a new lease of life with Hiddink coming in.

The games against clubs like Hull are where we have to make our supeiority in squad value count.

Guest Brummiemag

A must win game in my opinion.

Ive predicted we will finish with 41 points which will probably be enough. However that depends on us beating Hull and Stoke as well as 2 wins and a draw in our final 3 home games against pompey boro and fulham. Fail to beat Hull and we really are in deep shit