Ronaldo calls Steven Taylor "Rubbish Footballer" -Bustup in tunnel

dustynrg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/4940522/Cristiano-Ronaldo-in-tunnel-bust-up-at-Newcastle.html

Cristiano Ronaldo in tunnel bust-up at Newcastle

Cristiano Ronaldo was embroiled in a furious bust-up in the St James' Park tunnel with Newcastle United defender Steven Taylor midway through Manchester United's 2-1 victory on Tyneside on Wednesday night.

By Rob Stewart

Last Updated: 12:16AM GMT 05 Mar 2009

In an extraordinary spat as United restored their seven-point lead at the Premier League summit, the pair traded insults at half-time just moments after the United forward had been left writhing in agony, clutching his face on the cinder track, following an intemperate challenge by the England Under-21 captain.

According to witnesses, Ronaldo and Taylor were involved in a war of words as they headed to their respective dressing-rooms which saw the World Player of the Year allegedly ridicule his opponent's footballing skill.

Taylor hit back by branding the Portuguese international "ugly" as temperatures rose before Ronaldo's team-mate, Rio Ferdinand, and referee Steve Bennett, intervened.

The fracas occurred shortly after Ferdinand was booked by Bennett for his furious reaction to Taylor's challenge on Ronaldo. Newcastle's caretaker manager, Chris Hughton, defended his player. "Steven's not a malicious type of player," he said. "He's a player of high energy and enthusiasm and that's what we expect from his play.

"Ronaldo was going past Steven and it was probably a bit headstrong of Steven but in his endeavours to pull him back he caught him on the shoulder and I think that's all it was. I have had the opportunity to seen it again on television. Anybody that would have looked at the incident again would have seen where it made contact and he made contact on the top of his shoulder and his neck."

Hughton said that he did not know if any United players had been enraged by Taylor's challenge on Ronaldo in which he used his hands and feet.

Hughton did, however, speak with Taylor in an attempt to avoid having him sent off as he had been booked by Bennett. "The only word that we had with Steven was the same as we would have with anyone that had been booked in the first half," Hughton said. "That's that they have to be careful because they are only one booking away from a red card."

Newcastle are just one point above the relegation zone and were also the subject of reports of a training ground altercation between team-mates Andy Carroll and Shola Ameobi.

United striker Rooney took exception to Taylor’s attempted forearm smash on Cristiano Ronaldo just before half-time and was overhead in the tunnel saying to Taylor: “You’ve always been a s*** footballer.”

The Newcastle defender responded with: “I might be a s*** player but at least I’m not ugly like you. You’ll always be ugly.”

Fairplay to Stevie it is a f***ing brilliant reply  because the number of people who cant  respond to Rooney & say I am a better player than you right now are very few but there are billions of people who must think they are better looking.

United striker Rooney took exception to Taylor’s attempted forearm smash on Cristiano Ronaldo just before half-time and was overhead in the tunnel saying to Taylor: “You’ve always been a s*** footballer.”

The Newcastle defender responded with: “I might be a s*** player but at least I’m not ugly like you. You’ll always be ugly.”

Fairplay to Stevie it is a f***ing brilliant reply  because the number of people who cant  respond to Rooney & say I am a better player than you right now are very few but there are billions of people who must think they are better looking.

That's a great reply :lol:

Taylor may be thick as fuck, but he never backs down and insults with class.

Take him off the pitch and just sit him on the stands next to the tunnel to abuse opposing players I say.

second training ground fight this season involving carroll if true.

seems a right cunt does Carroll. Most of us living in newcastle are have surely heard the stories about him and his cousin

one Ronaldo agreeing with another it seems

It is at this moment in time I wish my username was Talyor so I could say one Taylor agreeing with another it seems.

NO ROID RAGE ABUSE TONIGHT KARL TAKE THAT AS A JOKE.

seems a right c*** does Carroll. Most of us living in newcastle are have surely heard the stories about him and his cousin

You live in Teeside though?!?!?

AGAIN KARL TAKE THAT AS LIGHT HEARTED BANTER NO NEED FOR ROID RAGE ABUSE.

seems a right c*** does Carroll. Most of us living in newcastle are have surely heard the stories about him and his cousin

You live in Teeside though?!?!?

AGAIN KARL TAKE THAT AS LIGHT HEARTED BANTER NO NEED FOR ROID RAGE ABUSE.

what are you like  :nope:

Guest Heneage

His cousin?

I'd heard a few stories of him out in town, and from James. My opinion didn't really change in the brief encounters I've had with him either. But then part of me thinks if he's having a go at Shola's lack of effort as was suggested with his fight against Insomnia.

I thought Taylor's second follow-up challenge on (I think) the full back was worse than the charge on Ronaldo. He was lucky not to get sent off. It was just completely brainless, as though we're not in enough trouble as it is.

If he must nobble people, Shearer should take him in hand and show him how to do it with a bit of subtlety.

The slimey all theeth horrible little cut made so much more of wat happened rolling around holding his face, made his team mates think it was much worse than it was.

GOD I REALLY DO HATE THAT LITTLE BASTARD.

Guest Ebolarama

That's a great reply :lol:

Taylor may be thick as f***, but he never backs down and insults with class.

Take him off the pitch and just sit him on the stands next to the tunnel to abuse opposing players I say.

That counts as a "great" reply? Jesus. They both come across as simpletons, but Taylor especially.

Obstruction from Ronadlo in the first place, then an elbow from him into Taylors ribs, stupid reaction from Taylor but no way did he do anything that required Ronaldo to be rolling around in agony holding his face, a blatent attpemt to get Taylor sent off, but we all knew before the game he tries that shite in every match he plays in.