If we go down, how will you watch us next season?

ChezGiven

I wonder what our attendances would be like next season if we do go down.

If people want to watch the Newcastle play football, they will have to go to the ground.

Aye I suppose. Then again I don't really want to watch them play football yet still go. :lol:

I live in Canada, so f*** knows when I'll get to watch us. :(

call y'self a fan ? PAH!!

Setanta Canada shows I think one Championship game a week, on Sundays, so I truly hope the Toon have tonnes of Sunday televised games.

*wakes up* May I remind everyone we're not down yet?

More games.

Fewer home games moved for telly.

Less whinging.

Plenty more away games I could get to.

Fewer cheating, overpaid, overhyped primadonnas on show - both for us and the opposition.

A little more like the working man's game of old.

Might actually win a few matches.

Might actually dominate the league and be a feared team.

Might get to go to Wembley.

We'd have the pick of players at that level.

Would get rid of most of the wasters and bring the wage bill back in line (we all know they love that shit).

It would still be a massive fucking disaster though, and I sincerely hope it doesn't happen. :undecided:

Can't see us dominating the league if JKF is in charge, which he will be as he's done a sterling job.  :harry:

Might be slightly tougher for me if we went down actually, fewer London teams in the championship iirc. QPR, Palace, Charlton (if they miraculously escape), can't think of any others. Would be a good excuse to go and visit my sister in Nottingham mind.

Might be slightly tougher for me if we went down actually, fewer London teams in the championship iirc. QPR, Palace, Charlton (if they miraculously escape), can't think of any others. Would be a good excuse to go and visit my sister in Nottingham mind.

I could always go and see her if you're busy that weekend.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Bit of rumpy pumpy is as good an excuse as any to go.

Can't see us dominating the league if JKF is in charge, which he will be as he's done a sterling job.  :harry:

We're seemingly in a position where us being relegated might be the thing that forces them to dispense with Joe Kinnear. Bonkers.

I could always go and see her if you're busy that weekend.

She looks a lot like me. She's quite a catch.

We're seemingly in a position where us being relegated might be the thing that forces them to dispense with Joe Kinnear. Bonkers.

He won't get the sack, he's not been in charge of us for the games that sent us down and his health issues are clearly what made us go down as he was doing a bang up good job before them.

You know that's what they'll say :(

Indeed. He won't get the sack any time soon, he's had health issues and it would be cruel and unfair to get rid in such circumstances.  I'm sure if his health was better results would have been much better too. I can't wait till he returns and shows Hughton and Calderwood how it is done properly.

Indeed. He won't get the sack any time soon, he's had health issues and it would be cruel and unfair to get rid in such circumstances.  I'm sure if his health was better results would have been much better too. I can't wait till he returns and shows Hughton and Calderwood how it is done properly.

So it's YOUR fault. ;)

Same as always. On TV when we're on, and at the ground five or six times per season.

Just going back to a previous point that Dave said, re: things to look forward to... the only think i'm potentially 'looking forward to' is winning lots of football matches. But even that isnt a given. There are a dozen former PL clubs that are evidence of that.

And, believe it or not... we could actually witness us do that in the Premiership, if we appointed an actual manager. Beggar's belief i know.

It will be an almighty pisser for those of us living abroad - I can currently watch every single match with a decent crowd of Geordie expats down my local (mixed blessing this season mind...) and will really miss the social side as much as anything.

Same here. I'd very much miss being at Nevada Smith's in NYC for the games. I'm piss poor broke, don't have the money to afford expensive cable packages to watch these kinds of games either, and since I'm in NYC, I can't get satellite. I'd have to depend on the Chinese guys to watch, which is always a dicey hit-or-miss proposition, and I'll almost exclusively be following along on this forum. So for me, there is absolutely zero advantage for the team going down, absolutely nothing good come of it for me.

Ah hell. I thought they showed Championship matches there. Now I have no plan either.

As much as I love watching us win, I think I'd be pretty numb to it at first. I would be nervous the entire season as the longer we are down there, the longer it will take us to get out. We're 'not' a Championship club though I appreciate that we wouldn't be the first club to think that - see Leeds for example, who are the epitome of everything I am scared of.

I wouldn't even take that much happiness out of us getting promoted. We should not be in a position where we need to get promoted, and if that came about I'd feel relief more than anything.

Guest Howaythetoon

Seriously, relegation isn't going to be the end of anything other than status which given the state of top-flight football, I can live without that for a season or two. It will probably be more fun a division down, visiting all these different grounds, experiencing all these different sets of supporters and I imagine the atmosphere would improve too, although attendances will seriously fall. Quality not quantity though. Relegation doesn't = the end of the world nor the end of NUFC. Could actually be the making of us in a twisted round about way.