The Newcastle United Transfer Thread MkII

Kaizero

to be fair, i doubt he has!

if he wants any chance of getting back in the englad squad, he doesnt want to go near them, we're his best hope imo.

if we oculd get him on a (much) cheaper contract, i wouldnt be adverse to him staying tbh

We can't afford him. Neither on the books or on the field unless there's some dramatic turnaround. He looks way past it right now.

if he was to go on a £50k pay as you play deal, i'd say we could afford him.

We can't afford him. Neither on the books or on the field unless there's some dramatic turnaround. He looks way past it right now.

if he was to go on a £50k pay as you play deal, i'd say we could afford him.

£50,000 per week is massive money for a lower mid-table (at best) Premier League club to be paying someone who's not scoring and offers nothing else.

Not sure he'd accept a pay as you play deal anyway.

Eider Gudjohnsen is not happy at sitting on the bench at the Nou Camp and could return to the Premier League after the Champions League Final. The former Chelsea man is apparently being touted as a future Spurs, Everton and Newcastle player.

I wanted him here two years ago, then again last year but everyone on this forum said he was finished, had no legs and we'd sign much better players... we sure could have used him this year's campaign.

Blatantly obvious in August that we were gonna be in this situation, wasn't it. :rolleyes: We were being linked with far better players at the time and, tbh, given the great direction we were going in under Keegan, the squad warranted a better calibre of player than more Chelski-hasbeens. How many of them have we had now, btw?

In spite of that... i think if we'd have signed someone like Gudjohnsen, he'd have simply been yet another no-heart waster picking up eighty grand a week, untroubled by our demise.

Guest Heneage

Man Utd had the right idea with Berbatov they needed a big striker with potential to hold it up, sadly Berbatov's laid back he's horizontal attitude has ruined the plan.

Newcastle striker Michael Owen will be offered the chance to resurrect his career at Celtic this summer. The Scottish giants will give Owen a pay-as-you-play deal worth £50,000 a week plus huge bonuses.

The Magpies are lining up Tottenham striker Darren Bent as Owen's replacement but face competition from Middlesbrough and Sunderland.

Both from NOTW

Newcastle striker Michael Owen will be offered the chance to resurrect his career at Celtic this summer. The Scottish giants will give Owen a pay-as-you-play deal worth £50,000 a week plus huge bonuses.

The Magpies are lining up Tottenham striker Darren Bent as Owen's replacement but face competition from Middlesbrough and Sunderland.

Both from NOTW

Never true in a million years. But I'd be delighted with Bent replacing Owen.

Guest Heneage

We will sign Saviola one day.

Off to Fenerbache or Gala, he's asked Madrid to terminate his deal.