The Newcastle United Transfer Thread MkII

Kaizero

Downing would be so predictable. And a naff signing n'all, i reckon - he'll probs provide absoltuely nothing, just like he does for Boro. I'd say we're covered for left-wing as it is; i'd like to see a bit of faith put in Jonas, even if it looks like he wants to be off.

Fortunately i think Downing will have plenty of other destinations other than ourselves.

There will definitely be a few teams after Downing so even though Boro are going to be buggered financially, they will be able to hold out for quite a decent fee for him. He will cost more than he's worth. A lot more.

Granted, i haven't watched a great deal of Boro this year - but the only moment of real poignancy i can remember from Downing was the free-kick against West Ham in the cup. How many goals/assists has the lad actually got this season?

I'd take a punt on Wheater like, providing it was for under £5m and we got someone else n'all. That'd probably suggest we'd get rid of Colo n'all, which would be frustrating imo.

Fucking hell. I'm talking about potential transfers. Think the last time i even considered incomings was after the Spurs home win, ie, just before the January window.

We must have just won a game or something. All of a sudden we're a great club to play for again. :lol:

I'm horrendously fickle.

Johnson can't even get in the Boro team.

was reading somewhere that's been a mistake of southgate, lad should be in the team - has even had european teams sniffing about from what i remember, talented but southgate ain't having it for some reason

Fucking hell. I'm talking about potential transfers. Think the last time i even considered incomings was after the Spurs home win, ie, just before the January window.

We must have just won a game or something. All of a sudden we're a great club to play for again. :lol:

I'm horrendously fickle.

We're gan win the league like.

Johnson can't even get in the Boro team.

Don't know of any Boro fans who don't believe he should be starting every possible game, he's really highly rated by their fans it's just Southgate who doesn't seem to think he's up to it.

Given that we survive and that WBA, M'boro and Hull gets relegated,I had a look at their squads trying to find decent players to snap up:

HULL

Michael Turner         Defender   

Deiberson Geovanni Midfielder

Jimmy Bullard                 Midfielder   

Caleb Folan                 Striker   

WBA

Scott Carson                   Goalkeeper

Robert Koren                   Midfielder

James Morrison        Midfielder

M'boro

Robert Huth                     Defender

Stewart Downing             Midfielder

Mido                                 Striker

Tuncay Sanli                     Striker

What do you guys think?

:kinnear: :kinnear: :kinnear:

Wouldn't touch any of those apart from Tuncay.

Not sure what the fuss is with Geovanni, he scored a couple of wonder goals at the start of the season and that's it. Exactly what he did at Man City and exactly why they sacked him off.

Carson is awful too, we're better off with Harper/Krul.

I wouldn't take anybody from Hull. Johnson, Tuncay and Emnes wouldn't be bad buys from Boro. As far as West Brom go, Chris Brunt for a small fee would be a decent addition to our squad.

Tuncay? Gah.

Would bring a hell of a lot to our starting XI in my opinion. Boro would have been relegated a long time ago without him in their side.