The Newcastle United Transfer Thread MkII

Kaizero

Tuncay? Gah.

Would bring a hell of a lot to our starting XI in my opinion. Boro would have been relegated a long time ago without him in their side.

i agree that tuncay would be a good signing, up front and wide.

Hmm... i dunno; he comes across seriously wasteful to me. Undoubted quality though but it seems we've been relying on such players for such a long time. Ie, the ones that we know have got a performance in them somewhere - but we only see it occassionally and they're not worth the hassle ultimately. The list of those sort of players we've had is endless.

Id take tuncay as a squad player. downing wouldnt be worth the money and spuds would outbid us anyway. koren has always looked decent but like morrison wouldnt be more than squad filler. we need first team starters. that said i might change my mind on them if we go down.

Guest geordienorway

Newcastle target Wigan centre-back Paul Scharner  By Alan Nixon 14/05/2009

Newcastle boss Alan Shearer wants Wigan's Paul Scharner as one of his big signings for next season.

Shearer and his staff are working on targets for the summer in the hope they beat the drop - and the feelers have already gone out for the experienced centre-back who could beef up a weak defence.

Scharner has been at Wigan for three seasons, but has hinted he wants a move. He has an escape clause in his contract that would force Wigan to sell if they receive an offer of £6million or more - even though Magpies owner Mike Ashley and his Latics counterpart Dave Whelan have fallen out.

Newcastle are also targeting Charlton's Lloyd Sam, and lead the chase to sign the winger.

Charlton were relegated to League One but the 24-year-old's performances caught the eye of a number of clubs, including Crystal Palace, Reading and Leeds.

From the Mirror.

Guest geordienorway

Alan Nixon! Haven't head that chubby cunt's name for a while. Still making a living off writing shite, I see.

Wasn't he spot on regarding ours and Blackburn's transfer-dealings in the summer?

Alan Nixon! Haven't head that chubby cunt's name for a while. Still making a living off writing shite, I see.

Wasn't he spot on regarding ours and Blackburn's transfer-dealings in the summer?

Was he fuck.

Guest geordienorway

Was he fuck.

He was spot on with Carlos Villanueva and Keith Andrews. He also mentioned our interest in Warnock before Keegan made his comments about him. I don't like the way Alan Nixon writes, but he clearly has insight.

Newcastle target Wigan centre-back Paul Scharner   By Alan Nixon 14/05/2009

Newcastle boss Alan Shearer wants Wigan's Paul Scharner as one of his big signings for next season.

Shearer and his staff are working on targets for the summer in the hope they beat the drop - and the feelers have already gone out for the experienced centre-back who could beef up a weak defence.

Scharner has been at Wigan for three seasons, but has hinted he wants a move. He has an escape clause in his contract that would force Wigan to sell if they receive an offer of £6million or more - even though Magpies owner Mike Ashley and his Latics counterpart Dave Whelan have fallen out.

Newcastle are also targeting Charlton's Lloyd Sam, and lead the chase to sign the winger.

Charlton were relegated to League One but the 24-year-old's performances caught the eye of a number of clubs, including Crystal Palace, Reading and Leeds.

From the Mirror.

nicko?!

Scharner would be a very good signing, would be a big upgrade on anyone else we have that could partner Bassong and could also play in midfield.

As opposed to Cacapa and Colocinni,whom we were told could play in both defence and midfield,and yet can barely play in either.Scharner has done both to quite a success in our league,and therefore would be a good signing,if unspectacular.

Was he fuck.

He was spot on with Carlos Villanueva and Keith Andrews. He also mentioned our interest in Warnock before Keegan made his comments about him. I don't like the way Alan Nixon writes, but he clearly has insight.

So 3 players = spot-on!?

I'm sure the Mirror are the paper who write the most transfer rumours, so inevitably some are going to stick.

I'm not saying he never gets things right/gets good information, but the majority of the time he's just being a smug cunt and filling column inches (like most hacks).

Weren't we linked with Scharner last summer or the summer before, anyway?

Guest geordienorway

Was he fuck.

So 3 players = spot-on!?

I'm sure the Mirror are the paper who write the most transfer rumours, so inevitably some are going to stick.

I'm not saying he never gets things right/gets good information, but the majority of the time he's just being a smug cunt and filling column inches (like most hacks).

Weren't we linked with Scharner last summer or the summer before, anyway?

Ok, wrong choise of words there. He wasn't spot on, but he had still some credibility on this board under the "Nicko on the Blackburn-forum"-thing. I am not saying he is right about this, but I think he is one who at times gets inside-information.

Seitaridis would be a very good signing. I think we were after him a couple of seasons ago, and we need to sign fullbacks with the injuries that Beye and Enrique have been suffering this season.

We were linked with him around SBR's time. Him and Miguel.

Guest Heneage

Alan Nixon! Haven't head that chubby c***'s name for a while. Still making a living off writing s****, I see.

Was he f***.

I seem to remember he also said that Samba was off and we had a done deal for Aimar till he joined Benfica at which point he said we woudn't match the wages.

Tuncay showed the other night he'd be a good signing.

Be bollocks as its in the Mirror but £6m for Scharner is laughable.

Would take Brunt or Morrison from WBA

Johnson, A.Taylor, Tuncay from M'boro

no-one from Hull.

If these are the teams to go down of course.

Johnson and Tuncay from Boro, no one else really. 

I think this summer we need an entire new midfield a full back a centre forward, its not gonna be cheap but it needs to be done.  I'd like to see Skjelbred as one of those

DM-5m

AM-5M

Utility Fullback -2-3M

Young centrehalf - 3m

Striker-10M

RW-5M

LW-5M.

So we need 30-40m which is not going to happen so we'll have another season of struggle or mediocrity.