The Newcastle United Transfer Thread MkII

Kaizero

I f we stay up, I think our strategy in the transfer market should definately be to go for players with a good mentality that will find it easy to adapt to the side. Paying triple the money for british players is just stupid. We should raid bundesliga and the nordic countries and stay oway from the mediterrainian and southamerican leagues.

Rasmus Elm, young swedish international midfielder that plays all over midfield should be top of the shopping list. He will be swedens next big thing after the likes of Larsson, Ljungberg and Ibrahimovic.

In Bundesliga we should check out names like Misimovic, Dzeko, Helmes, Voronin, Mathijsen etc.

I'm certainly in favour of us tracking players from regions such as Scandinavia or Eastern Europe. I agree about Germany and also with France, Holland, possibly Portugal.

It  speaks volumes when our best player this year was purchased from a small team in France and not a big team in Spain

Guest Heneage

What's going to make them want to join though, they'll know the shit we've been in, why leave the stability of a safe club and join one thats like paper in the wind.

Money

That's half the reason we're in the state we are tbh. We've brought in a load of players whose primary reason for coming isn't because we're a big club who they want to give everything for.

It's a real shame about the Tevez situation. The guy started most games in a season where they won the CL and the Premiership, and the team scored a shitload of goals whilst blowing every other team out of the water. And then suddenly a replacement is bought and he's getting games in the League Cup and FA Cup. I don't know what Fergie's thinking is - Berbatov's older than Tevez, more injury-prone and has an attitude problem.

It's a real shame about the Tevez situation. The guy started most games in a season where they won the CL and the Premiership, and the team scored a shitload of goals whilst blowing every other team out of the water. And then suddenly a replacement is bought and he's getting games in the League Cup and FA Cup. I don't know what Fergie's thinking is - Berbatov's older than Tevez, more injury-prone and has an attitude problem.

Different players.

I think they should keep him though.

A posse of clubs are expected to check out Hamilton's highly-rated teenager James McCarthy on Wednesday, skysports.com understands.

McCarthy is one of the most sought-after players in Britain after emerging at Hamilton during the last few seasons.

Portsmouth had a bid for the 18-year-old turned down last week and a number of other Premier League sides as well as Championship clubs are tracking the skilful midfielder.

A number of scouts are expected to be in attendance at New Douglas Park on Wednesday to cast an eye over the prodigious youngster as they weigh up summer moves for McCarthy.

Hamilton are facing a real fight to keep hold of McCarthy with the club unlikely to be able to resist a big-money offer for the Republic of Ireland Under 21 international.

The player's agent, Willie McKay, has admitted a host of sides are tracking the PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year.

"The interest in James has been unbelievable," McKay told skysports.com.

"A number of clubs in the Premier League and Championship have asked about his situation.

"The likes of Everton, Portsmouth, Tottenham, Newcastle and Sunderland are keen on him and I believe a number of sides are going to have him watched on Wednesday against Falkirk."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5317897,00.html

Just as an addition to the McCarthy rumour, from IMScouting:

To add to the hype surrounding McCarthy, supporters of Hamilton revel in the fact that he is teetotal and has never touched a drop of alcohol in his life. He stuck to soft drinks when Hamilton were promoted and has vowed “I’ve never even tasted beer and I plan to keep it that way for the rest of my life.”

Completely the opposite to Nile

Just as an addition to the McCarthy rumour, from IMScouting:

To add to the hype surrounding McCarthy, supporters of Hamilton revel in the fact that he is teetotal and has never touched a drop of alcohol in his life. He stuck to soft drinks when Hamilton were promoted and has vowed “I’ve never even tasted beer and I plan to keep it that way for the rest of my life.”

Completely the opposite to Nile

Nile's body is capable of turning alcohol into a previously unseen mineral that provides a portion of his superpowers though, so I don't mind if he likes the odd tipple now and again.

I think Saviola would be another Luque. I really hope we dont keep doing theese idiotic buys. We must stop buying players thats past it. It is always important to buy players that feels they make a move to something better. We need players with a spark. Though, it will be hard to find theese players..

But for sure we cant go on with theese kind of buys

Luque

Smith

Owen

Coloccini

Geremi

Butt

the list goes on...

Given that we survive and that WBA, M'boro and Hull gets relegated,I had a look at their squads trying to find decent players to snap up:

HULL

Michael Turner         Defender 

Deiberson Geovanni Midfielder

Jimmy Bullard                 Midfielder 

Caleb Folan                 Striker 

WBA

Scott Carson                  Goalkeeper

Robert Koren                  Midfielder

James Morrison        Midfielder

M'boro

Robert Huth                    Defender

Stewart Downing            Midfielder

Mido                                Striker

Tuncay Sanli                    Striker

What do you guys think?

Oh aye, Bullard. £5m for 37 minutes of football. :rolleyes:

The only player i would merely be fussed about snapping up from any other relegated teams, would be Didier Digard. But again he's been on the treatment table quite a bit this season iirc.

Given that we survive and that WBA, M'boro and Hull gets relegated,I had a look at their squads trying to find decent players to snap up:

HULL

Michael Turner         Defender  

Deiberson Geovanni Midfielder

Jimmy Bullard                 Midfielder  

Caleb Folan                 Striker  

WBA

Scott Carson                   Goalkeeper

Robert Koren                   Midfielder

James Morrison        Midfielder

M'boro

Robert Huth                     Defender

Stewart Downing             Midfielder

Mido                                 Striker

Tuncay Sanli                     Striker

What do you guys think?

set fire to the money you'd spend on them and shut up shop for the season, forfeit every game 3-0 we'd probably still be better off

we need a new approach, not a new recycled version of the old one