Guest prestonj1989

Harper

Taylor Coloccini Bassong Enrique

Taylor Nolan Butt Duff

Martins Lovenkrands

Jonas and Owen out  :kinnear:

Is that 100% confirmed?

Yep

Christ almighty. I was worried he'd leave Jonas out to be honest, but wouldn't have expected such big changes with Smith going out as well.

Looks like he's going with the Man Utd (h) set-up... only without the pace from the left-flank. Off to watch it now, not impressed with that team.

Urgh.

I'm gonna say I'm happy with that side.

Glad Owen got put on the bench and Lovekrands put back in.

Nice to see R.Taylor back in and Smith out, the bench looks pretty decent and Jonas can make a real effect if he's brought on at the right time (50/60 mins)

Probably the best we could have hoped for

Newcastle: Harper, Steven Taylor, Coloccini, Bassong, Jose Enrique, Ryan Taylor, Butt, Nolan, Duff, Lovenkrands, Martins.

Subs: Krul, Owen, Smith, Gutierrez, Geremi, Beye, Ameobi.

Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Gallas, Toure, Clichy, Arshavin, Denilson, Diaby, Nasri, Van Persie, Bendtner.

Subs: Fabianski, Eduardo, Vela, Song Billong, Djourou, Eboue, Gibbs.

With Hughton it's like he's playing a massive game of Buckaroo. He removes the pieces he's supposed to in Smith, Geremi and then he removes Owen and it's like...fair play Chris, you've removed the big piece. You're finally getting good at this.

And then he takes Jonas out...

I hate Chris Hughton.  How can you justify playing Duff and Ryan Taylor ahead of Jonas is beyond me. When you need your biggest result of the season you don't leave arguably your best player out. Twat.

Id say Kinnear is still picking the team

Newcastle: Harper, Steven Taylor, Coloccini, Bassong, Jose Enrique, Ryan Taylor, Butt, Nolan, Duff, Lovenkrands, Martins.

Subs: Krul, Owen, Smith, Gutierrez, Geremi, Beye, Ameobi.

Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Gallas, Toure, Clichy, Arshavin, Denilson, Diaby, Nasri, Van Persie, Bendtner.

Subs: Fabianski, Eduardo, Vela, Song Billong, Djourou, Eboue, Gibbs.

Why the hell am I even going to watch this?

Yeah that Setanta package about how we're fighting - nothing like a heavyweight champion like Damian Duff fighting in your corner. Jonas was one major reason I thought we still might not go down this year. That team is bereft of pace, flair, creativity and potency. It's effectively Martins v Arsenal.

The annoying thing is, the centre of Arsenal's midfield at the minute is shit, Diaby and Denilson have been shocking, but watch today as they run rings around Butt and Nolan, who will resort to kicking lumps out of people. Expect either a facerape and at least one red card, or for us to grind out a one goal defeat... either way, still in the same place at the end of it, just need to look after our goal difference now as it may well be that tight

Guest firetotheworks

But, but Duff might have his one decent game in 10 today? Come on lads.

:no: What am I saying?