"Open letter" to Mike Ashley on the main site

James

If we go down and Kinnear and co remain in charge, I will definately stop supporting the team/club until both Kinnear and co and the ASHLEY team at the top all go.

If Ashley has not got the balls to bring in someone who can keep us up, and indeed realise the JK is NOT the main to get us up again if we go down, why the fook should we spend more emotion, time and money supporting a team/club that has not idea what so ever.  Its a joke.

Stay up and Kinnear is still here and I will feel exactly the same way because this time next year, we will be in the same or even worst position.

Time for some club saving changes and only one person can sanction them.  Good letter.

If we go down and Kinnear and co remain in charge, I will definately stop supporting the team/club until both Kinnear and co and the ASHLEY team at the top all go.

If Ashley has not got the balls to bring in someone who can keep us up, and indeed realise the JK is NOT the main to get us up again if we go down, why the fook should we spend more emotion, time and money supporting a team/club that has not idea what so ever.  Its a joke.

Stay up and Kinnear is still here and I will feel exactly the same way because this time next year, we will be in the same or even worst position.

Time for some club saving changes and only one person can sanction them.  Good letter.

I don't think it's a case of him not having the balls to bring someone in, i think it's a case of him not being prepared to pay for someone to come in.

As i've said before, he's a gambler, that's what he's doing with the future of our club.

I hope that Kinnear will choose to retire for the sake of his health at the end of the season anyway.

He is obviously putting himself under too much stress being in full time manager.

Not gonna happen though...he wouldn't be planning to come back if he's going to retire in the summer anyway.

Massive pressure must be exerted on the club to thank Kinnear and Hughton for their services, and remove them from their positions at the end of the season. All the while using this time to search for and identify candidates to take over on the 2nd day of the close season. This is the only scenario that would allow me personally to continue to support and believe in Ashley's regime and vision for the club.

Not once have Kinnear, Hughton or the club even hinted that returning to management may be contributing to the state of his health.

He wants to come back and continue, they want him to come back and continue. He will.

Since when has the club bothered to listen to the fans? That (well written) letter wont change a thing.  :no:

I've given up any hope that the board will not appoint Kinnear. He'll be forced out by the fans at some time next season and we'll start all over again with another shit manager. I think there's a few more years of torment and pain awaiting us...  :(

Totally agree with the letter.

On the subject of Calderwood, as anyone else managed to help two clubs get relegated in one season?

Billy MacNeill managed to take Villa and Man City down in the same season iirc.86-87 maybe?

agree with the letter....eventhough some parts of it is a bit silly or naive!

I have to say it again! Eventhough we are in a relegation battle i think we should get a new manager and his coaches, if he wants to bring some with him. I dont care if he has a big name or he is young and unproven at this level!

NO ONE CAN MAKE IT WORSER THAN OUR CURRENT SITUATION....so i dont see the gamble ???

Im really surprised about Ashley.....he keeps proving again and again what a d.ck he is!

Go hire that talented or promising and motivated "young" manager for the next 3-4 years! we need a new image, concept and strategy!

I think our players are worried and losing their motivation because the cant see a bright future for this club....at least not the next couple of years! Keeping Kinnear will be the death of newcastle!

With skill and luck we could  be back in top 8 in a couple of seasons.....but staying with kinnear would get us further away from where we should be! A motivated young manager and young squad will get will be so much more helpful and entertaining than watching "old" highearners like smith, geremi, viduka, cacapa, butt! get rid of all these plus more.....there is still plenty of players with experience in the squad!

TAKE ACTION NOW ! ! !

NO ONE CAN MAKE IT WORSER THAN OUR CURRENT SITUATION....so i dont see the gamble ???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/content/images/2005/09/20/graeme_souness_300x300.jpg

Wanna bet?

Not once have Kinnear, Hughton or the club even hinted that returning to management may be contributing to the state of his health.

He wants to come back and continue, they want him to come back and continue. He will.

thats why i dont have any hope left....almost! something really weird is going on.....how cant they see the problem?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/content/images/2005/09/20/graeme_souness_300x300.jpg

Wanna bet?

Thankfully he's said he's done. 

This is just panic dressed up.

Perhaps, but I think people are at the stage where panic is the only course of action.

Well I wouldn't say that panic is ever the right response. Even if the two managers mentioned - Ketsbaia and Martinez - were willing to come in the present situation and their clubs were willing to release them right now (both long shots), they'd be just as big a risk as sticking with Kinnear, and probably an even greater one.

The idea, expressed later in the thread, that things can't possibly get worse really is borne of panic. There has been so much upheaval at the club this season that a further change right now is the last thing we need.

Perhaps, but I think people are at the stage where panic is the only course of action.

Well I wouldn't say that panic is ever the right response. Even if the two managers mentioned - Ketsbaia and Martinez - were willing to come in the present situation and their clubs were willing to release them right now (both long shots), they'd be just as big a risk as sticking with Kinnear, and probably an even greater one.

The idea, expressed later in the thread, that things can't possibly get worse really is borne of panic. There has been so much upheaval at the club this season that a further change right now is the last thing we need.

:sadnod:

ITS NOT PANIC ! I would rather go down if it meant that kinnear would be sacked and someone new came in with the vision and balls to get rid of half the squad. We will never develop under kinnear! We need a need start and that should be asap!

Cant remember any matches where kinnear did a ok job with his line up or tactical changes during the match. He dosn´t have a clue! why are ashley so eager to keep a manager with his health record and whos highlight as a manager was controlling the crazy gang 10 years ago?

Last time we had a run of decent football was under Robson (and some few matches under keegan last season). Kinnear will never be able to develop an "attractive style" or do what O´neill have done to Villa....especially not with the money he has available!

He ain´t good enough....simple as that! if you think we are in trouble now....just wait and see next season, if he stays!

WE HAVE PLAYED LIKE SH.T FOR YEARS NOW.....UTTER SH.T ! ! ! kinnear wont change that...NEVER! If we stay up this season....i dont think it will because of his manager skills!

Guest Brazilianbob

Ashley is keen to keep Kinnear because he knows he won't have to pay any compo when Kinnear drops dead on the touchline from a massive coronary.  An easy way of getting rid of a manager on the cheap, any compo will be paid out of insurance.

Two names that spring to mind are Roberto Martinez and Temuri Ketsbaia

:lol: :lol:

Care to expand ?

Yes   :lol: :lol:

Martineaz, seriously ? Martinez who has managed a decent side in the championship, got them playing fotoball but who aren't even in the play offs?  And you want him to come here in a tooth and nail fight to the last day for our prem survial???

Ketsabia, seriously?  Ketbaia who has managed a w*** side in europe to come here and save us froma f***ing tooth and nail fight to the last day for our prem survial.

Seriously  :lol: :lol:

Unrealistic and a wet dream by a fan boy who has played far to much football manager games or pissed about on pro evo to long.

Martinez and Ketsbaia are hardly my top two preferences, but i don't think they are his/hers either. They were merely examples, and just there to fit in with his point about nurturing young talent.

I personally think the Ketsbaia suggestion stinks of drug-induced lunacy, akin to the man himself, but it's just the letter making a point.

Ashley is keen to keep Kinnear because he knows he won't have to pay any compo when Kinnear drops dead on the touchline from a massive coronary.  An easy way of getting rid of a manager on the cheap, any compo will be paid out of insurance.

The backlash from the media that we even offered him a contract with his health problems in this case, wouldn't be worth him hoping for :lol:.

Two names that spring to mind are Roberto Martinez and Temuri Ketsbaia

:lol: :lol:

Care to expand ?

Yes   :lol: :lol:

Martineaz, seriously ? Martinez who has managed a decent side in the championship, got them playing fotoball but who aren't even in the play offs?  And you want him to come here in a tooth and nail fight to the last day for our prem survial???

Ketsabia, seriously?  Ketbaia who has managed a w*** side in europe to come here and save us froma f***ing tooth and nail fight to the last day for our prem survial.

Seriously   :lol: :lol:

Unrealistic and a wet dream by a fan boy who has played far to much football manager games or pissed about on pro evo to long.

Martinez might not have got Swansea to the playoff spots but they did just get promoted to the Championship last year.

That reminds me....How are the other promoted team Nottingham Forest doing? Not so well and yet we end up with Calderwood

Martinez may not be perfect or ideal for us but a damn sight better than the shite we have