Champions League Quarter Final Draw

Mr. Snrub

Although Id be pretty pleased to see an all English final again, theres nothing Id like to see more than a Man United vs Barcelona final. Its the type of big, hyped up game that would actually deliver. A bit like the Arsenal vs Barca final did. Loved that match.

Thats the biggest kick in the balls game of football in the history of kick in the balls football ever.

Edit: Very happy with the draw, and i wouldnt write Porto off against Man Utd!

Although Id be pretty pleased to see an all English final again, theres nothing Id like to see more than a Man United vs Barcelona final. Its the type of big, hyped up game that would actually deliver. A bit like the Arsenal vs Barca final did. Loved that match.

Thats the biggest kick in the balls game of football in the history of kick in the balls football ever.

I thought it was karma after Eboue diving tbh.

But Lehmann shouldnt have been sent off.

Eto'o was offside.

Henry missed shit load of chances!

Arsenal, still despite 10 men were the better side for about 80% of the match.  :dave:

Why do people think a potential Man Utd Barca rematch would be any different to the 2 games last year?

People are stupid.

I think Barca are going to walk over Bayern by the way. They're not better than Lyon in my opinion

Agree. Can see it being a similar score. Bayerns defence won't be able to handle the pace as its average at best

Man U vs Liverpool in the final in Rome.

You'll see the smoke for miles. :lol:

Not something to be wished for. Not happy getting Chelsea again, either. Would've much preferred Porto, Villareal or even Bayern.

Man U vs. Liverpool final for me.

If Barca do win and Liverpool do also, it'll be a good game I'd be looking forward to seeing. I heard some Barca player says that they're afraid of playing Pool after what happened to Real.

Why do people think a potential Man Utd Barca rematch would be any different to the 2 games last year?

Although the goals weren't there, the football on display was excellent to watch, in particular Messi skipping past players for fun.

Guest firetotheworks

Although the goals weren't there, the football on display was excellent to watch, in particular Messi skipping past players for fun.

This, this a thousand times this.

I didn't see much of an attraction. It was perhaps because stupidly I believed the hype it was going to be 4-4 in each game.

Of course it's good to see Messi play so well. But he does in most league games as well. The only difference, particularly IIRC at Old Trafford, was that Man Utd's defence was too solid/packed for intricate passes to work. And as much as the talent is there, it was frustrating.

Don't get me wrong I'll hypothetically be tuning in for, as you say, the technical ability on show, but I'll most likely watch generally more end-to-end, entertaining matches this year.

I didn't see much of an attraction. It was perhaps because stupidly I believed the hype it was going to be 4-4 in each game.

Of course it's good to see Messi play so well. But he does in most league games as well. The only difference, particularly IIRC at Old Trafford, was that Man Utd's defence was too solid/packed for intricate passes to work. And as much as the talent is there, it was frustrating.

Don't get me wrong I'll hypothetically be tuning in for, as you say, the technical ability on show, but I'll most likely watch generally more end-to-end, entertaining matches this year.

I don't know man, I watch both these matches when they happen last year, and to me they were the typical "big" team stalemates we've all become used to seeing these days. Barcelona played some nice technical football and Man U executed their tactical plan very well, but in terms of being a great match; it definitely wasn't.

The best match to watch in this round is going to be Arsenal-Villareal. That will be the one I'll watch if I can find it somewhere other than my computer screen.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't know man, I watch both these matches when they happen last year, and to me they were the typical "big" team stalemates we've all become used to seeing these days. Barcelona played some nice technical football and Man U executed their tactical plan very well, but in terms of being a great match; it definitely wasn't.

The best match to watch in this round is going to be Arsenal-Villareal. That will be the one I'll watch if I can find it somewhere other than my computer screen.

The point that you made before saying it definitely wasnt a great match just shows how subjective it is. In my opinion it was a class tie because the technical, tactical and natural ability was so high. Its not like there wasnt anything interesting about the match. I just think its easy to dismiss big team matches because of how generally shit they are, but for me that was very entertaining, and I think it will be again this year. Possibly more so, as Barca have improved their attacking and lost a bit at the back and, vice versa for Man United.

Form the League to the cups the draws that have gone the Mancs way this season is starting to get incredibly suspicious.

Do you not think getting Inter was a tough draw?

Aye fair call but even then they got the away leg first. Just look at the league, playing last seasons top ten away from home at the very beginning of the season. Bar Inter next to no real top class opposition in the Champions League. And on top of that they haven't drawn any of the so called 'big four' in a domestic competition this year.

Now I am being cynical but that just seems far too good to be true.

Chelsea are the ultimate cretins when it comes to cup draws, mainly the FA Cup. Time and time again they avoid anyone who can realistically beat them.

Take this year for example. With all due respect to the following teams, Southend, Ipswich, Watford and Coventry are not what I'd call tough opposition. Surprised they didn't get Hull in the semis.

Oh, and Boro.

Re: the CL draw, I'm going for Barca, Man Utd, Liverpool and Villarreal.