Sportsmail's Star of the Season

Beezeri

NEWCASTLE UNITED

Another club from the north-east deep in the relegation mire, but maybe the performances of Taylor, Martins and Butt have given Newcastle fans something to smile about during a traumatic season on Tyneside.

1. Steven Taylor

2. Obafemi Martins

3. Nicky Butt

WTF??? None of guys above would make the TOP3 for sure!  :idiot2:

1. Sebastien Bassong

2. Jose Enrique

3. Jonas Gutierrez

That's more like it!

Guest firetotheworks

Journalists in getting everything wrong shocker. However, I really dont know what it is with this continued perception that we all love Nicky Butt.

NEWCASTLE UNITED

Another club from the north-east deep in the relegation mire, but maybe the performances of Taylor, Martins and Butt have given Newcastle fans something to smile about during a traumatic season on Tyneside.

1. Steven Taylor

2. Obafemi Martins

3. Nicky Butt

That's fucking genius. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't even have to watch us play a lot to realise Butt isn't up to it any more. Martins is erratic and often injured and Taylor has been poor for most of the season, although he's done alright recently.

Shoddy journalism.

You don't even have to watch us play a lot to realise Butt isn't up to it any more. Martins is erratic and often injured and Taylor has been poor for most of the season, although he's done alright recently.

Shoddy journalism.

I'm not even sure the word 'journalism' can be used in this case.

"Right, who's next on the list?  Hmm, Newcastle. Who are their good players?  Fuck, never watch them unless they're playing a London team.  Weren't they talking about that Taylor lad for England or something?  *Checks wikipedia * He's local as well, they'll like him.  That nigerian fella always scores against Spurs, doesn't he. Arsenal were supposed to be interested in him as well, he can be number two.  Who else is in their squad?  Jonas somone, Jose someone, Sebastian Boumsong... Never heard of any of these fuckers... Aha!  Nicky Butt, I know him, used to play for Man U, he must be number 3 then."

It's a miracle they didn't mention Michael Owen, after all remember him, he used to play for Engerlund didn't he? :rolleyes:

That'd be too obvious. They would have picked him, but they wanted to instead produce some smart and refreshing anaylsis by not including him.

Guest Schmocky

You most likely heard right as in the sun's football pullout yesterday they were commenting on how well nicky butt has been doing this season in the team, even tho we are losing  :kasper:. They must of surely been comparing him to geremi or cacapa!!

Guest Heneage

Its the same with the Guardian podcast. I think it was Sean Ingle who said "I know Newcastle fans are really pinning their hopes on Owen" I was expecting it to be followed by, "And they'll be gutted when Butt leaves."