Ireland Internationals

Decky

Guest Heneage

Officials concerned need to be f***ing reprimanded for that, absolutely AWFUL decision.

f*** off, there was bodies all over the place, can't blame the refs for not seeing that.

The extra refs they've got in the Europa League would probably have caught it though...

f*** off? Is the linesman your ole fella or something? There was an offside before it as well btw.

None of the players who were offside touched the ball, so that doesn't matter. No doubt the decision was wrong, but there was no way the ref could have seen it. The linesman possibly could have, but it's hardly awful refereeing.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!

still just need the one goal to win tbh

If I'm not mistaken, there no away goal rule in over time so one Irish goal will lead to penalties.

Anyone care to confirm?

I care to deny that.

I wonder where I got that from then.. Ah well, thanks for clearing things up

Officials concerned need to be fucking reprimanded for that, absolutely AWFUL decision.

Fuck off, there was bodies all over the place, can't blame the refs for not seeing that.

The extra refs they've got in the Europa League would probably have caught it though...

Fuck off? Is the linesman your ole fella or something? There was an offside before it as well btw.

None of the players who were offside touched the ball, so that doesn't matter. No doubt the decision was wrong, but there was no way the ref could have seen it. The linesman possibly could have, but it's hardly awful refereeing.

Squillaci played the ball, thats interfering with play as far as im concerned.

Officials concerned need to be fucking reprimanded for that, absolutely AWFUL decision.

Fuck off, there was bodies all over the place, can't blame the refs for not seeing that.

Fuck off? Is the linesman your ole fella or something? There was an offside before it as well btw.

Did he touch it before it came to Henry? I'm watching on a pretty poor stream, where it didn't look like he did. Sorry if I'm wrong there.

Guest firetotheworks

This is really unfair. When are we making football the 21 century game and introduce camera footage...

The day football dies.

Mistakes/bad decisions are part of football, every one benefits or suffers from them at some point, adds a touch of unpredictability to the beautiful game

Give over, would be my well reasoned and thought out reaction to that.

Did he touch it before it came to Henry? I'm watching on a pretty poor stream, where it didn't look like he did. Sorry if I'm wrong there.

He didnt touch it, but he jumped to head it. Defenders are marking him and jumping with him, Given had to look and make sure he got nothing on it. If he is offside then the whistle should go, if he wasnt there then the defenders marking him might have been elseware preventing the goal.

I hate France, my least favourite country in "Europe" after Turkey. (The " " are there because Turkey is just a teeny tiny bit in Europe if you didn't know geography.)

You have a least favourite European country? :lol:

I hate France, my least favourite country in "Europe" after Turkey. (The " " are there because Turkey is just a teeny tiny bit in Europe if you didn't know geography.)

You have a least favourite European country? :lol:

Turkey and France can go fuck themselves. Absolutely loath them :lol:

This is really unfair. When are we making football the 21 century game and introduce camera footage...

The day football dies.

Mistakes/bad decisions are part of football, every one benefits or suffers from them at some point, adds a touch of unpredictability to the beautiful game

I reckon football dies when teams get to the World Cup on the back of goals like that. The game should be played properly, without the likes of Henry's goal.

Guest toonlass

While its not right and it is cheating, I wonder how many of those who are complaining wouldn't do whatever it takes to get their country to the World Cup finals if they were in the position of playing for their country. Bet they would do the same if they thought that by doing it would get them to South Africa. Aye its wrong, and aye its cheating, but diving and unsportsmanlike behaviour have, unfortunately, become common place in football.