Ireland Internationals

Decky

I'll admit, I'll cheer against England in football.

Wouldn't find me in a thread on here moments after they lost a massive game gloating and calling the whole country cunts though.

Guess every country has their fair share of complete wankers though.

There's as much of that against the French tbf.

Don't worry lads 'dere's more da Ireland, dan dis'

Sláinte, you c***s.

f*** off tbh

YOU AREN'T EVEN FROM THE REPUBLIC?! :lol:

Poor, hardly surprising from you mind. I guess theres a Sunderland joke coming next.

Not at all, but you are going on like you were born and raised there and you bleed ROI, when you openly admitted 'well me and all my friends just support them instead.'

You havent a clue about Irish politics, if you did you wouldnt be asking me why I support them. Plus what do you expect me to do? Support them and not give a fuck about them like? I cant believe this is being raised again, it must be the 10th time in this thread alone, unbelievable.

Not sure I agree with making Henry into some sort of supervillain tbh, it's a perfectly natural thing to do in the heat of the moment really.

No defending the official though, he pretty much caught the ball FFS. Your man was offside and all.

Guest Heneage

Sláinte, you c***s.

f*** off tbh

YOU AREN'T EVEN FROM THE REPUBLIC?!  :lol:

Poor, hardly surprising from you mind. I guess theres a Sunderland joke coming next.

Not at all, but you are going on like you were born and raised  there and you bleed ROI, when you openly admitted 'well me and all my friends just support them instead.'

You havent a clue about Irish politics, if you did you wouldnt be asking me why I support them. Ive said it before ive family in the Republic, have an Irish passport etc etc. Plus what do you expect me to do? Support them and not give a f*** about them like? I cant believe this is being raised again, it must be the 10th time in this thread alone, unbelievable.

I bet if NI weren't so poor you'd be up for supporting them, so stop trying to make out like you are some Political Rebel by supporting the better of the two Irish sides.

Wouldn't find me in a thread on here moments after they lost a massive game gloating and calling the whole country cunts though.

What does that have to do with anything?

Sláinte, you c***s.

f*** off tbh

Not at all, but you are going on like you were born and raised  there and you bleed ROI, when you openly admitted 'well me and all my friends just support them instead.'

You havent a clue about Irish politics, if you did you wouldnt be asking me why I support them. Ive said it before ive family in the Republic, have an Irish passport etc etc. Plus what do you expect me to do? Support them and not give a f*** about them like? I cant believe this is being raised again, it must be the 10th time in this thread alone, unbelievable.

I bet if NI weren't so poor you'd be up for supporting them, so stop trying to make out like you are some Political Rebel by supporting the better of the two Irish sides.

:facepalm:

10 Champions League players in the French team, we had a Scunthorpe and Coventry players on our bench :lol: An absolutely outstanding performance from the lads tonight, couldnt be more proud of them despite the result.

Commiserations.

Ireland apparently (am at work) lost to a blatantly dodgy handball.

Would like to have seen the French out, a big threat in the World Cup

But however you look at it, Ireland did damn well

I already said how the bar I was in on Saturday were all behind the Irish in the first game, and no Paddies there either - just siding with one of the British Isles teams ! (Which we don't get in return, I hasten to add ! :D)

You havent a clue about Irish politics, if you did you wouldnt be asking me why I support them. Plus what do you expect me to do? Support them and not give a f*** about them like? I cant believe this is being raised again, it must be the 10th time in this thread alone, unbelievable.

No offence, but this kind of thing always comes down to religion, which never fails to puzzle me.

But I got the opposite of religous brainwashing when i was a kid !

Regardless - sorry to see the Irish bow out.

Sláinte, you c***s.

f*** off tbh

YOU AREN'T EVEN FROM THE REPUBLIC?! :lol:

Not at all, but you are going on like you were born and raised there and you bleed ROI, when you openly admitted 'well me and all my friends just support them instead.'

Oh would I? Oh well thats ok then, I clearly dont know myself as well as you do, thanks for that insight there Kezman :thup:

Guest firetotheworks

This is really unfair. When are we making football the 21 century game and introduce camera footage...

The day football dies.

Mistakes/bad decisions are part of football, every one benefits or suffers from them at some point, adds a touch of unpredictability to the beautiful game

Give over, would be my well reasoned and thought out reaction to that.

You want perfect decisions then go play on a PS3. Heartache and feeling hard done by is all part of the game

Aye well done, you're a laugh riot. So you're saying it's right that France are going to the World Cup on the back of that? You're saying it should go unpunished and that cheating shouldn't be taken out of the game?

What's the difference between that goal and the disallowed goal against Fulham?

And where do you draw the line at cheating? If Henry had kicked the ball out, claimed a corner and France had scored from it would it still be a crime against football?

the disallowed goal against Fulham was an incorrect decision. Like this, so there's no difference, merely a different situation.

The line at cheating should be drawn at the point of a person cheating. If Henry kicks it out and gets a corner then he knows he cheated his way to an advantage but its the failure of FIFA for allowing no officials to not spot it, and for there to be no back up when a strong defence by the opposition is made.

A 4th official watching a screen doesn't cost anything, nor does it slow down the game any more than it would in a situation where the referee consults the linesman.

France have went to the World Cup when one person watching a TV could have told the ref in is ear that Henry had hand balled it.

Sláinte, you c***s.

f*** off tbh

:kinnear:

Guest toonlass

Well congratulations Platini, first your team couldn't qualify and then you had to seed them and now when the end is near, the ref saves your pathetic country...

Clearly a handball by Henry...

The ref didn't save them. The linesman did.

What does that have to do with anything?

Not much.

Guest Heneage

Sláinte, you c***s.

f*** off tbh

:facepalm:

Oh come on he's making out like he's some sort of Martyr, then saying the ref should be reprimanded. :lol:

Guest toonlass

Sláinte, you c***s.

f*** off tbh

You havent a clue about Irish politics, if you did you wouldnt be asking me why I support them. Plus what do you expect me to do? Support them and not give a fuck about them like? I cant believe this is being raised again, it must be the 10th time in this thread alone, unbelievable.

What does politics have to do with it. You were born in Northern Ireland, despite what your passport says. You have chosen to support the ROI, just like I have chosen to support Scotland because of my family connections. Stop crying about them not qualifying, man up.