Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

I think it was a matter of principle for Shearer - if you want me, then get rid of Wise.

Shearer at this point held all the cards - and if Ashley wanted him as manager, then those were the conditions.  The slide towards the bottom 3 increased the pressure on Ashley and while he may have rebuffed that request earlier on - at this point he became willing to accept it.

So are we now done with the DOF idea? or if we do stay up and Al does leave will he just brings in another DOF or will JK become the DOF?

Its just in the short term how much say could Al have really? yes they wanted him but he has got a lot of say for just 8 games.

Who are you? And what have you done with Skirge?

:lol:

Hheeellppppppppppppp

They ffkkknnn have meeeeeeeeaaaarghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fkn legend :lol:

Allardyce on Shearer : "It's a ploy to try to spur the club on to get out of trouble"

Well spotted Sammy :thup:

Fat Sam knows this could mean trouble for his side, he's probably having difficulty controlling his bowel movements since the news broke.

Dowie says he was taken aback by the welcome Shearer received at St James’s on Thursday when he was unveiled to fans.

He added: "I’ve never had quite that many there for me, but I understand.

"When you’re the greatest goalscorer the Premier League’s ever seen that’s what happens.

"We had something to eat on Wednesday night, and he said ‘I’ve never regretted anything – what I have here makes me happy’.

"He could have moved elsewhere, but he’s happy with what he’s done in his hometown.

"It was quite an emotional moment, and it was heartfelt.

"He’s from his area, and he believes in it."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/04/04/iain-dowie-out-to-help-newcastle-united-bounce-back-72703-23312432/

Gary Lineker just asked Shearer if he'll be returning to match of the day next year:

Lineker: "So Alan, will we be seeing you again on the sofa?"

Shearer: "Oh yes, I'll be back, dont worry"

Lineker: "So come what may you'll be back then?"

Shearer: "Yes, definitely, come what may I'll be back. So save my seat..."

:no:

Anyone just see MOTD?

Shearer was basically adamant that hes only here for the 8 games. :no:

Dunno, he said he will be back on MOTD but plenty of managers do both. It is pointless listening to Llambias and even Shearer right now, that cunt Llambias said last week that a new manager would definitely NOT be coming in and here we are, also it is easy for Shearer to say he wont stay on, but if he keeps us up and gets offered the job, i think he will find it extremely tough to walk away. I wouldnt pay any attention to anything being say now tbh.

Anyone just see MOTD?

Shearer was basically adamant that hes only here for the 8 games.  :no:

Dunno, he said he will be back on MOTD but plenty of managers do both. It is pointless listening to Llambias and even Shearer right now, that c*** Llambias said last week that a new manager would definitely NOT be coming in and here we are, also it is easy for Shearer to say he wont stay on, but if he keeps us up and gets offered the job, i think he will find it extremely tough to walk away. I wouldnt pay any attention to anything being say now tbh.

I hope your right...

Guest johnson293

Yep, said pretty much the same to Garth Crooks on Footy Focus earlier (filmed on Thursday after the P.C.)

Said that he'd be delighted to be asked to stay on, as it would mean Newcastle would still be in the premiership and he'd done his job - but stressed that he was still only here for 8 games, and he would be going back to MOTD.

:undecided:

Also for what its worth, Shearer walking away now doesnt mean he wont return someday. Im not concerned either way if he stays or goes, he WILL be our manager some day properly im sure of it. The thing we need to hope for is that Ashley makes the right decision and doesnt take that prick Kinnear back, or we will be calling on Shearer again this time next year, regardless of what league we are in aswell.

Also for what its worth, Shearer walking away now doesnt mean he wont return someday. Im not concerned either way if he stays or goes, he WILL be our manager some day properly im sure of it. The thing we need to hope for is that Ashley makes the right decision and doesnt take that prick Kinnear back, or we will be calling on Shearer again this time next year, regardless of what league we are in aswell.

Agreed.

Yep, said pretty much the same to Garth Crooks on Footy Focus earlier (filmed on Thursday after the P.C.)

Said that he'd be delighted to be asked to stay on, as it would mean Newcastle would still be in the premiership and he'd done his job - but stressed that he was still only here for 8 games, and he would be going back to MOTD.

:undecided:

Let's cross that bridge when we come to it. Shearer's got plenty on his plate without thinking about next season just yet.

Guest johnson293

Thats the problem though - I think that if Shearer walks away after the 8 games, then it'll either be  :kinnear: or  :dowie: that gets the job.

Thats the problem though - I think that if Shearer walks away after the 8 games, then it'll either be  :kinnear: or  :dowie: that gets the job.

:dowie: wont get the job because he's not Ashleys man. If Shearer leaves, i'm pretty sure  :dowie: will do the same...

I dont think Kinnear will get the job. His heart just aint up for it, he'd be an idiot going against family and medical advice and taking the job.

If Shearer does leave we'll end up with some shitty second rate manager, you can guarantee that.

Does anyone think that Shearer is just saying this due to:

A) He doesnt want to say anything incase we go down

and

B) This contract with the BBC might be interfering with things. i.e he doesnt want to say he'll be leaving as it will be a breach of contract?

If we stay up Ashley should get Sven in, and back him aswell. One thing that would guarantee is we would go from relegation fodder to at least mid table.

That's why we wont get him. Sven wont give any shit to Ashley, and Ashley wouldnt take any shit from Sven....would end up in another disaster, imo.

How much did Sven spend at City, anyone know?