Shearer's first 11 and captain?

KaKa

s*** I just remembered...doesn't he really rate Alan Smith?

If he can get him playing to his old ability then Smith would be an asset tbf.

come on billy, i know you better than that......wheres the punchline ?

The 'tbf' at the end of the post  actually stood for 'tourettes bollocks fuck'

Guest MrSundlofer

I hope he will play:

--------------------------------------Harper----------------------------------------

----Beye--------------Coloccini--------------Bassong--------Enrique---------

-----------------Guthrie------------Nolan-------Jonás---------------------------

--------------------------------------Owen-----------------------------------------

------------Viduka-------------------------------------Martins--------------------

But I can see him play with Butt in midfield.

I hope he will play:

--------------------------------------Harper----------------------------------------

----Beye--------------Coloccini--------------Bassong--------Enrique---------

-----------------Guthrie------------Nolan-------Jonás---------------------------

--------------------------------------Owen-----------------------------------------

------------Viduka-------------------------------------Martins--------------------

But I can see him play with Butt in midfield.

I don't think he'll play a system he's never played in before in his first game as a manager.  It'll be 442.

The sooner people forget the 4-3-3 the better. It was Keegan's thing, he made it work. We have neither him or the players anymore for us to ever enforce it again. Not gonna happen.

Thinking about what he'd do up front makes me realise you lot do still have a cracking potential front line. Owen, Loven, Viduka, Martins and even Carroll can all make a significant difference when on form.

What's the fitness of Owen and Viduka at the moment?

Thinking about what he'd do up front makes me realise you lot do still have a cracking potential front line. Owen, Loven, Viduka, Martins and even Carroll can all make a significant difference when on form.

You're forgetting Shola the Goala

I can see Beye being given the armband if/when Owen is not on the pitch

I can see Beye being detailed to mark Drogba on Saturday in the absence of Bassong and Taylor. I'm sure Al played against Beye in Europe so he'll know our Habib doesn't get bossed easily.

The sooner people forget the 4-3-3 the better. It was Keegan's thing, he made it work. We have neither him or the players anymore for us to ever enforce it again. Not gonna happen.

We've still got all the players (bar Faye) who played it under KK.... (I realise not all are fit)

You're forgetting Shola the Goala

Ever thought maybe he didn't forget him? :)

Certainly going to be very interesting to see him in a position where he simply HAS to be opinionated and clear about what he thinks as it'll transpire through who he selects.