Wise Gone

Frazzle

Fucking brilliant news, like!! Brilliant. I cant wait for the press conference tomorrow....

As good as the recent news has been, I'm still not convinced by Ashley. I guess if he is still here in the summer, then he's gonna have to hire a good manager/or Shearer and back them with money.

NUFC.co.uk could have went something better than 'Dennis Wise statement'

Thought they would at least have put "No more Mr Wise Guy" or something.

:lol:

That would have been awesome though, which isn't Hopey's style. :razz:

Guest optimistic nit

Hopefully it's not too late.

Well in the context of staying up, this won't matter a jot. It just means it's VERY likely Shearer is coming with designs on a proper contract.

Good point, it was probably a term he set before accepting the role....hopefully. In the past I've always said alan wasn't ready but seeing as we're in freefall, we need some pride to lift the team and the fans. If nothing was done then the fans may have turned and the whole thing would see no improvement.

Wise made some good signings but ultimately, the silence was deafening. I'd rather ignore it all and move on now tbh..

It's impossible to say, but I for one am glad the ambiguity has gone. I don't like the DoF concept (whatever they do), and especially not with someone so inexperienced.

bobby robson had gordon milne as a DoF

although robson appointed/chose/knew him didn't he?

whether wise was doing his appointed job well i dont think we'll know although player recruitment has been very good recently but the disruption or appeared disruption he caused meant he had to go imo. its useless having good player recruitment if its fucking up the club in the process.

Well in the context of staying up, this won't matter a jot. It just means it's VERY likely Shearer is coming with designs on a proper contract.

Good point, it was probably a term he set before accepting the role....hopefully. In the past I've always said alan wasn't ready but seeing as we're in freefall, we need some pride to lift the team and the fans. If nothing was done then the fans may have turned and the whole thing would see no improvement.

Wise made some good signings but ultimately, the silence was deafening. I'd rather ignore it all and move on now tbh..

It's impossible to say, but I for one am glad the ambiguity has gone. I don't like the DoF concept (whatever they do), and especially not with someone so inexperienced.

whether wise was doing his appointed job well i dont think we'll know although player recruitment has been very good recently but the disruption or appeared disruption he caused meant he had to go imo. its useless having good player recruitment if its f***ing up the club in the process.

how do you know "he" causewd any disruption ?

i said about gordon milne in response to daves assertion that he didn't like DoF's.

So where does this leave Kinnear?

I'd love to know what Wise actually did, also. Maybe he won't have a gag order or something and he'll tell us.

I really hope so too.  Even now the details of August are unclear but the bits and pieces that sound (read: fit my agenda :) ) genuine all point to DL as being Head Cunt in Charge of Cuntery with Wise not nearly the villain.  Or maybe it's the other way around.  I just want to know too.

Guest optimistic nit

whether wise was doing his appointed job well i dont think we'll know although player recruitment has been very good recently but the disruption or appeared disruption he caused meant he had to go imo. its useless having good player recruitment if its f***ing up the club in the process.

how do you know "he" causewd any disruption ?

i said about gordon milne in response to daves assertion that he didn't like DoF's.

i wasn't arguing with you i was making sure for myself as much as anything, because i wasn't sure.

i know he caused disruption because of the constant media circus surrounding his role at newcastle. whether he caused any actual disruption at newcastle is irrelivent (although he has been implicated in keegan's departure, but then we'll never really know what happened and shearer must have asked for his depature (i assume this because its hardly likely to be a coincidence unless wise wasn't comfortable working with shearer) with good reason). even if he didn't cause any actual disruption inside the club him going will remove a chunk of the press regarding internal conflicts with newcastle that talentless ignorant journalists were bound to write whether true or not which will help with the stabalisation of the club.

I'd genuinely take sacking Llambias and appointing Shepherd as chairman again as the final piece of the new "regime".

Owner = Mike Ashley

Chairman = Freddie Shepherd

Director of Football (in the Milne rather than Wise sense) = Joe Kinnear

Manager = Alan Shearer

Coaching Staff = Iain Dowie, Chris Hughton & Colin Calderwood.

Think that would work.

Guest LucaAltieri

I'd genuinely take sacking Llambias and appointing Shepherd as chairman again as the final piece of the new "regime".

Owner = Mike Ashley

Chairman = Freddie Shepherd

Director of Football (in the Milne rather than Wise sense) = Joe Kinnear

Manager = Alan Shearer

Coaching Staff = Iain Dowie, Chris Hughton & Colin Calderwood.

Hair Styling = David Ginola

Think that would work.

Guest optimistic nit

freddie shepheard was a good owner though in the sense that he was willing to spend money on the club, but a shite chairman because he only made one, maybe 2 (hiring dalgleish may have turned out better if he'd stuck with him), good decision(s) in his 10 years as chairman. combining the 2 like that would combine some of the worse aspects of ashley with the worse aspects of shepheard.

i'm not sure if Shearer is Shepherds biggest fan either, Keegan certainly wasn't and only came back when he left the club.

Guest optimistic nit

Fuck me, let's not turn this thread into yet another argument about Shepherd. What relevance he has to this is totally beyond me.

:lol: two posts man, and its actually almost relivent here :razz:

we're not exactly the usual suspects in this one either