Coloccini needs to sit out the rest of the season...but back in Argie squad

Parky

Mashcerano and Tevez took time to adapt, get off the lads back.

To think Pardew played Mullins & Zamora in their places for long spells. :lol:

To think the "knowledgeable" London journalists justified it because he was one of their own :lol:

BTW, Colo was class yesterday. Even his one "flaw" where Crouch stumbled over his own gangly legs was shown to be a case of the striker's clumsiness rather than a mistake by the defender.

I remember seeing a Depor game where he plugged in a shot form inside the box pretty much exactly where he was standing for that last volley in Saturday.

When he took the shot time just froze for a moment and I was feeling sure that it was going to hit the back of the net.

Of course, reality came calling pretty quickly :( Would have been such a class moment.

I said from the start that Coloccini would get some stick this season. Argentine, not the most aggressive, easy target for the idiots

argentina are known for their very aggressive players with alot of strength, it's the reason why there players do better than brazilians in england

colo simply doesn't have it in the prem

which Argentine has really shined in the premiership? I cant think of one except Tevez

not many that have really shined long term but Hernan Crespo's goal record was excellent for Chelsea. He wasn't settled here but showed his class whenever he played .D'Allesandro and Zarate were good if a little inconsistent, the latter looks class for Lazio this season.

Quite frankly the best South Americans all play in the Italian and Spanish leagues......

BTW, Colo was class yesterday. Even his one "flaw" where Crouch stumbled over his own gangly legs was shown to be a case of the striker's clumsiness rather than a mistake by the defender.

Bit of a difference between "class" and decent. Id say he was clearly decent, if you think thats class you have very very low expectations for him.

Guest firetotheworks

Its quite funny to bring up the subject of nationality really, England doesnt define the style of every footballer, so why should it be that way for Argentinians?

It's already been mentioned, but he's generally pretty cool on the ball, which leads me to believe that in a winning team he'd be a decent defender.

However, we're not a winning team, and we're constantly under pressure, which catches out his lack of pace/positional sense.

If he played for Man Utd/Arsenal/Liverpool/Chelsea, he'd be a very good player, because their defence is hardly under pressure.

I've vigorously defended Coloccini in the past on here, but after yesterday's woeful performance I can't see him having a future here.

I originally thought he was a classy, footballing centre half, just the type of player who would suffer most from a lack of confidence playing in a poor side, but yesterday he definitely showed a lack of heart, desire and commitment which I just can't forgive.

Earlier in the season someone at the club said it wasn't just a case of attracting good players to the club, but also good characters and I think that's key. I think it's vital that Shearer stays on beyond the end of the season mainly because his unique understanding of the club will ensure that this happens as he rebuilds the squad after the inevitable summer clearout.

Been horrific all season in my opinion. Seems slow, can't head, either marks his man too tightly, or just keeps backing off and allowing the striker space.

He's hopeless. He had the honeymoon period where most were blinded by his price tag and Argie international (fringe player) status but he has been woeful all season.

Nothwithstanding his physical and mental deficiencies he has no anticipation. Even slow, lumbering centre backs can get away with it if they can read the game.

Another Boumsong, £10 million down the drain, will be lucky to get £2-3 million back for him from some mid table La Liga side.  :angry:

Coloccini is a great lad with no cofidence what so ever, he has the Quaresma syndrom, where the fans turns on him and bit by bit becomes worse then ever before.

Look at his lack of heart and commitment man, he's never going to make a player for us.

Coloccini is a great lad with no cofidence what so ever, he has the Quaresma syndrom, where the fans turns on him and bit by bit becomes worse then ever before.

So you think we should stick with a great lad with the mental strength of a fish?

Guest Stephen927

It's getting to the situation that whenever he has the ball or its anywhere near him, you almost expect him to make a mistake.

The lad has zero confidence, he needs to seriously work on the physical side of his game.

It's getting to the situation that whenever he has the ball or its anywhere near him, you almost expect him to make a mistake.

The lad has zero confidence, he needs to seriously work on the physical side of his game.

:snod: