Coloccini needs to sit out the rest of the season...but back in Argie squad

Parky

agree Smith got sent off for having to bring down bothroyd because of a serious f*** up by colo right at the death..dont be fooled by the mop haired one if he is struggling against the likes of bothroyd and other cloggers in this division he has no hope in the prem

he didn't struggle though, he had a very solid game

agree Smith got sent off for having to bring down bothroyd because of a serious f*** up by colo right at the death..dont be fooled by the mop haired one if he is struggling against the likes of bothroyd and other cloggers in this division he has no hope in the prem

The meaning of 'struggled' meant that Cardiff must have had a fairly substantial amount of chances, and most of them must have come in correlation with Colo's mistakes. In truth Cardiff really didn't have many chances and Colo made one mistake just like 2 of his other defensive colleagues.

Almost cost us the 3 points yesterday.

Won us the 3 points yesterday.

Does that mean you don't think he almost cost us the 3 points yesterday.

The bloke scores a goal & suddenly everyone seems to think he's a good defender. :lol:

Fair enough, I do think he's a good defender and always have.

Did you not think he defended well yesterday btw?

The bloke scores a goal & suddenly everyone seems to think he's a good defender. :lol:

Fair enough, I do think he's a good defender and always have.

Did you not think he defended well yesterday btw?

He did OK, but

It's almost like there's an element of Bramble about his concentration, which turns a decent performance into a poor one in one move.

Coloccini Thanks Newcastle Fans For Keeping Faith In Him

The unlikely Newcastle United match-winner yesterday, Argentine  Fabricio Coloccini has dedicated his first Newcastle goal to the Toon Army.

The Argentine arrived back on Tyneside on Friday from International duty, and looked fresh yesterday, and he battled hard for his goal, which he dispatched brilliantly from Ryan Taylors inch perfect cross.

That was the only goal of the match as Newcastle goto 16 points from their first 6 games.

The rumors that it was actually Coloccinis hair that had blocked the Cardiff  City defenders view of  Taylors right wing cross are being played down on Tyneside, and Fabricio talked to Newcastle United TV today:

I was very happy to score my first goal and it was an important goal for the team. The first cross came in and I managed to get the ball back to Ryan Taylor.

He then put in another good cross and I was able to get my header into the back of the net. I only got back into England on Friday so to play the full match, score the winner, and keep a clean sheet is perfect for me.

Weve not conceded for five games now which is fantastic we feel very confident and long may it continue.

Former Deportivo star Coloccini has also taken time to thank Newcastles supporters for sticking with both himself personally and the team in general, during the summer months of more than significant turmoil on Tyneside:

A lot of things were written in the newspapers about me over the summer saying I wanted to leave the club,  But that was not true at all. I am happy here and happy to help the club get back into the Premier League.

So because of that it was a great feeling to see my goal go in. It was good to turn around and see the fans celebrating my goal.  I thank them for sticking by us and they have been excellent with me and the team.

Good interview. Not really adapted 100% to the English game yet, but if he's happy and settled it will help. Excellent game yesterday for the most part.

Aslong as we didn't concede like. It doesn't really matter what almost happened.

I don't mind if he flukes his way through clean sheets or that other players have to help him out (smith), because that's just good teamwork.

Or maybe with our support he'll naturally get better in English football.

Aslong as we didn't concede like. It doesn't really matter what almost happened.

I don't mind if he flukes his way through clean sheets or that other players have to help him out (smith), because that's just good teamwork.

:lol:

By that logic all the defenders have good games if we don't concede, and all the forwards have good games if we score.

Crazy :lol:

:lol:

By that logic all the defenders have good games if we don't concede, and all the forwards have good games if we score.

Crazy :lol:

:snod: yep

All that matters that we win and get out of this league, right?

If you want to single out negatives then you could say Taylor's handball almost cost us the 3 points as well.

You could, but then this thread isn't about him, is it?

It isn't about Bassong or Rio Ferdinand either but they got mentioned in this thread. Is there grounds for a law suit here?

If you want to single out negatives then you could say Taylor's handball almost cost us the 3 points as well.

You could, but then this thread isn't about him, is it?

It isn't about Bassong or Rio Ferdinand either but they got mentioned in this thread. Is there grounds for a law suit here?

Keegan would try ;)

I don't know if it's to do with the inferior standard of the league but he finally seems  to be winning the ball earlier which means he letting strikers run past him all the time. The number of goals we conceded last season when he let the striker run past him was ridiculous.