I love Sir Bobby Robson, but...

KaKa

got nowt to do with being a foreigner. everything to do with being thick though. dont tarnish our overseas fans cos one of them made a laughably ignorant statement, plenty of geordies come out with  rubbish too.

I know, but quite a few foreign/none Geordie based fans talk a lot of crap where this club's history and especially where figures like KK are concerned. Oh and I'm aware I come out with a lot of crap :lol: doesn't excuse comments that basically say KK isn't an NUFC legend when he most certainly is and always will be. It irks me that no-bodies who do something daft in a match (ketsbaia) or score a hat-trick in a big game (Tino) get classed as legends. No people, they are not, not even heroes, its the likes of KK, Sir Bobby, Moncur, Shearer, Harvey, Wor Jackie, Hughie Gallacher, Super Mac et al that are heroes and legends.

I'm allowed to think that Keegan's a cowardly prick for what he did in September while still acknowledging his legendary achievements in the past.

This.  What Keegan did all those years ago was an accomplishment, but I don't think real legends walk out and then sue you.  I don't see how you can look at SBR still turning up in his condition (and after his shameful dismissal) and Keegan walking away, never to be heard from again, and compare him favorably to SBR.  "I love Bobby Robson but..." is what strikes me as inappropriate, simply because he dared to call Keegan "yesterday's man." 

But I do regret typing it late last night, because I seem to have triggered another shit storm thread.  Apologies.

got nowt to do with being a foreigner. everything to do with being thick though. dont tarnish our overseas fans cos one of them made a laughably ignorant statement, plenty of geordies come out with  rubbish too.

I know, but quite a few foreign/none Geordie based fans talk a lot of crap where this club's history and especially where figures like KK are concerned. Oh and I'm aware I come out with a lot of crap :lol: doesn't excuse comments that basically say KK isn't an NUFC legend when he most certainly is and always will be. It irks me that no-bodies who do something daft in a match (ketsbaia) or score a hat-trick in a big game (Tino) get classed as legends. No people, they are not, not even heroes, its the likes of KK, Sir Bobby, Moncur, Shearer, Harvey, Wor Jackie, Hughie Gallacher, Super Mac et al that are heroes and legends.

I'm allowed to think that Keegan's a cowardly prick for what he did in September while still acknowledging his legendary achievements in the past.

This.  What Keegan did all those years ago was an accomplishment, but I don't think real legends walk out and then sue you.  I don't see how you can look at SBR still turning up in his condition (and after his shameful dismissal) and Keegan walking away, never to be heard from again, and compare him favorably to SBR.  "I love Bobby Robson but..." is what strikes me as inappropriate, simply because he dared to call Keegan "yesterday's man." 

But I do regret typing it late last night, because I seem to have triggered another shit storm thread.  Apologies.

you haven't triggered a shit storm at all. You just don't understand what Keegan did for the club, because you don't understand just how shit it was.

fair play pal  :thup:

I was 2 months shy of my 7th birthday in May 1993 when Keegan got us promoted, it was a special time for all involved and obviously nothing than younger or foreign forum members can relate to, as good a Feyenoord (a) and the 5-0 against Man U were.

Not holding against anyone, it just shows pretty clearly, with some of the attitudes towards Keegan on this board.

7-1 was awesome. :)

I've personally never said I'd completely understand what Keegan meant for the club in 92, mainly because I was 2 years old, but also because I didn't live it. I won't say that it doesn't mean more to "native" Geordies to beat Sunderland, as the rivalry isn't lived by us not in Newcastle. That's a fair point, but it still shouldn't mean that I today, have any less affection for the club than others because I was "unlucky" enough to be 2 years old when Keegan took over and born in another country. Newcastle have tons of UK fans growing up in many other places than Newcastle, and not being born there. I don't see people going mental and saying they'll never be real supporters. The whole "foreigners isn't real supporter" arguments stinks, mainly because of all the holes in the "natives" argument, and the general thickness of these members on most other subjects as well. It's a damning indictment for "true" supporters as the "native and true" supporters on this forum generally seem to be agreed upon by most members as being the thickest ones and spouting the most shite in any topic on here, but when they start their "foreigners suck, lolz" campaign, suddenly they're no longer thick and spouting shite.

It's quite annoying in the long run, and really shouldn't be something that should be discussed on this board. We're all supporters of Newcastle United. There's no need to start picking on others simply because they were not born in Newcastle.

Also, I do agree that chicago_shearer's assesment of Keegang being the reason we're in the bottom now is pretty much wank, yes. No need to go on about him being a foreigner though, we all spout shite and nonsense from time to time. All of us.

But I do regret typing it late last night, because I seem to have triggered another s*** storm thread.  Apologies.

Keegan made this club into not only a premiership club, but one that has competed at the very top level and given me so many happy memories. Keegan isn't responsible for us being 18th at the moment as this could have been easily avoided if the right choices had been made. Same goes for the exit of Sir Bobby, the exit of Souness and yes.. even the exit of Allardyce.

But I do regret typing it late last night, because I seem to have triggered another s*** storm thread.  Apologies.

you haven't triggered a s*** storm at all. You just don't understand what Keegan did for the club, because you don't understand just how s*** it was.

OK.  But I think there may be a few people out there who are old enough (or Geordie enough) to have appreciated 92-93 and might still be justifiably annoyed with how Keegan handled his departure, and blame him in part for the situation today.  Surely the fact that his decision to leave angers me should be some indication that I wanted him to stay as manager - he had the team playing well.  Which makes his decision all the more frustrating.  Why just walk away like that, how does that put the club first?

fair play pal  :thup:

I was 2 months shy of my 7th birthday in May 1993 when Keegan got us promoted, it was a special time for all involved and obviously nothing than younger or foreign forum members can relate to, as good a Feyenoord (a) and the 5-0 against Man U were.

Not holding against anyone, it just shows pretty clearly, with some of the attitudes towards Keegan on this board.

7-1 was awesome. :)

yes, as was the music the official 92-93 video elected to dub over the highlights

great day, my first ever home game

what's suing anyone got to do with it? Robson sued us for £2m after getting the sack. Keegan and the LMA obviously feel they have a strong argument to do the same in which case the problem is with the board for fucking him around and backing people like wise, a move that has since been shown to have been a gigantic cock up and which Ashley has only tried to rectify within the past week.

no.

Given your consistent contribution of insightful comments on this forum, I'd love to hear you elaborate :rolleyes:

ok then, band wagon jumper on-erers, shouldnt call a club legend a coward,.imo.

no.

Given your consistent contribution of insightful comments on this forum, I'd love to hear you elaborate :rolleyes:

I see, what is the minimum age that you are allowed to have an opinion on this forum?

Should I come back when I'm old and balding too?

no.

I see, what is the minimum age that you are allowed to have an opinion on this forum?

who's old and balding ?

Guest Howaythetoon

I mean every word I said, in the same way that a none Geordie cannot possibly comprehend what beating the mackems really means to us, or losing to them. Unless you were here and lived it you will only ever get what KK did for us based on context, i.e. league finishes, games won, games lost etc. For many KK was much much more than a manager or even a name, he was and always will be an iconic hero to many and a real hero, not a Ketsbaia or Tino kind of hero, a proper one, for all he has done for our club and indeed City. Chicago_Shearer has no right to write to speak of KK like that. f***ing hell if it wasn't for KK do any of you idiots think the current "messiah" would have touched us as a player? Would he f*** as like, he'd have went to Man Utd and it would be us singing anti-Shearer songs and not them for turning us doon. Put it this way, if it wasn't for KK we'd be 8 or so games away from the end of a Championship campaign and not a Premier league one. Further back if it were not for Kk god knows what would have happened to this club. That satdium would have been demolished no doubt and a 25K seater stadium built on some waste land miles away while we yo-yo between the lower divisions and the one we could drop into this season, dreaming of places like Anfield and Old Trafford. Seriously, have a f***ing word with yourselves man.

Your point about Keegan certainly stands, but this whole not understanding what NUFC means because you're not from, or in Newcastle is sweepy.You're constantly banging on about what NUFC means to you as if the rest of us aren't worthy of your own vociferous loyalty. I'm not questioning yours, but at times it's like you question everybody elses, and it's fuckin bang out of order.

I have never said you cannot understand what NUFC means if you're not a Geordie. Of course you can as this forum proves. However Newcastle United will never ever mean as much to none Geordies as it does to Geordies and if no-one can accept that then tough luck, its true and always will be. You can understand the loss, the win and whatever and of course share in such emotions, but you'll not feel these things like a Geordie does/will because in part its not just about the football but about being a Geordie and this City of ours which NUFC represents.

You can understand what KK did for us, what he means and can share in it, but you'll never quite feel what he did or appreciate what he done the way a Geordie does or would because again it isn't about the football only. Why is KK such a messiah in the first place, Shearer even? Is Sir Bobby considered one? No and that's not because he didn't achieve things here, he did, its because in KK and Shearer they both went beyond the boundries of duty.

KK came here first as a player who had won it all, he dropped down a division still as England captain to play for a ram shackled nothing club going nowhere really. He was a superstar, a national and global one, and he chose us, over an offer from Man Utd no less.

Why? For the money? he was being paid very well but no more than what he could have earned at say Man Utd or with any other club like ours at the time, looking for someone to sell tickets and galvanise aspirations of making it into the top-flight. Whatever he earned, the club made much much more out of his name, much more. Indeed that was part of the deal, that he would endorse commercial interests of the club's and its sponsors which he did.

No, he chose us because he felt he owed his dad it, a Geordie himself, and saw something in this club of ours and us as fans not many did, not even our own directors and fans, massive massive potential and that we deserved much better. He empathised with the club.

As a manager he answered the call no-one else would have at a time where going down looked a certainty and with it bankruptcy which would have condemned the club to the times your Sheff Wed's have went through, yo-yoing the leagues and forever trying to make enough money to get out of the s***. I doubt we'd still be playing at SJP. It would have been much cheaper to build a new stadium than rebuild what was at the time, an ageing and dilapidated ground that would need Premier League revenue to help rebuild. Forget the Leazes stadium plans either, we would have ended up with a Riverside Stadium type ground, 30K max as that would have been our general crowds if that, built miles away on cheap land.

When he arrived the club couldn't afford players or even an assistant's salary so KK paid Terry Mac out of his own pocket and indeed bought kit and boots for the schoolboy players on our books. He went beyond the call of duty with those acts but went even further when he told Sir John Hall that if he couldn't keep us up, not to pay him. He even said that if Sir John Hall wanted out, KK would buy half a stake in the club and run it for the two of them.

SJH actually had no intentions of remaining in control at the start, the original idea was to buy all the shares, keep us up and then sell it back to the fans. That never materialised so he reluctantly agreed to stay in control with the idea on consolidating after staying up and building the club back up over a number of years. KK was having none of that though. He wanted us in that top-flight the following season and he was as good as his word in taking us up and in some style too, on less of a budget than Derby, Wolves and a few others who got nowhere near KK's side. To many the finest season in terms of football we've had in over half a century, even better than 95-96.

What you see before you today was all driven by KK. SJP - KK said "a top team needs a world-class stadium. These fans need world-class facilities." It was his drive and ambition that drove the club on in every area from ground redevelopment to competing for the top honours.

His time at our club as manager didn't just impact the club but helped this City of ours get back off its knees where it had fallen to and energised a whole people into believing that they, their club and their City ought to expect the best and nothing but the best. KK proved that this club of ours can compete for the top honours, can play great football, can attract top stars and can fulfil all our hopes and dreams and just for that alone he's a hero because back then, no-one else believe in us quite the same, not Sir Bobby Robson nor Alan Shearer who wouldn't have giving us a second glance if it were not for KK.

But he's a coward, a prick and no legend of Newcastle United.

A coward is someone who doesn't stand up for what he or she believe in or accepts something he or she doesn't believe in.

Kevin Keegan's decision to walk away has since been vindicated by the actions, decisions and none decisions of the powers that be. People who would have handed a manager like Joe Kinnear a permanent contract. people who didn't even do due diligence. People who are such cowards, they don't stand up for something they believe in - ergo Wise's departure. I said in the Wise leaving thread not to be fooled by their decision. He only went so they could get Shearer in, Shearer only came in because Joe Kinnear would not be returning this season after all which we all f***ing knew he wouldn't do and that they would be mad to even want him back. But that's the people that run our club. That's the people that KK tried and failed to work with, to get along with, to try but fail to get them to run this club in the way only a man like KK (and latterly Shearer) understand and know - professionally, competently and with ambition.

I welcome Shearer's return but I know why he's here and it ain't for footballing reasons. He's here because he's the last throw of the dice. He's here to prevent Ashley from losing more money.

If he wasn't so stupid he would have never let KK leave. Had he not, we would be looking at the next 7 games with an eye on Europe possibly, rather than relegation, something this club hasn't really had to contend with since 92 when some former player came out of retirement to save us and this is the thanks he gets...

You're well out of it Kevin, well out of it. There is no place in the game nor this club for people like you. People with a heart, principles, courage, ambition and an understanding of what our football club's mean to us, something your foreign fans will never ever quite get, no matter how hard they try and want to. Sorry but that's just the way it is. Don't like it go and support your local club/team, you'll then "get it".

no.

im not old or balding, but im enjoying pulling your leg, old trype.

When he arrived the club couldn't afford players or even an assistant's salary so KK paid Terry Mac out of his own pocket and indeed bought kit and boots for the schoolboy players on our books. He went beyond the call of duty with those acts but went even further when he told Sir John Hall that if he couldn't keep us up, not to pay him. He even said that if Sir John Hall wanted out, KK would buy half a stake in the club and run it for the two of them.

There's a lot that one could debate in your post, Chris, but this leapt out at me. Where did you get this information from?

It certainly doesn't fit the picture of the bloke who walked out on the club with about 8 games to go of that season, and needed to be persuaded by Terry McDermott to return.

Guest firetotheworks

I mean every word I said, in the same way that a none Geordie cannot possibly comprehend what beating the mackems really means to us, or losing to them. Unless you were here and lived it you will only ever get what KK did for us based on context, i.e. league finishes, games won, games lost etc. For many KK was much much more than a manager or even a name, he was and always will be an iconic hero to many and a real hero, not a Ketsbaia or Tino kind of hero, a proper one, for all he has done for our club and indeed City. Chicago_Shearer has no right to write to speak of KK like that. f***ing hell if it wasn't for KK do any of you idiots think the current "messiah" would have touched us as a player? Would he f*** as like, he'd have went to Man Utd and it would be us singing anti-Shearer songs and not them for turning us doon. Put it this way, if it wasn't for KK we'd be 8 or so games away from the end of a Championship campaign and not a Premier league one. Further back if it were not for Kk god knows what would have happened to this club. That satdium would have been demolished no doubt and a 25K seater stadium built on some waste land miles away while we yo-yo between the lower divisions and the one we could drop into this season, dreaming of places like Anfield and Old Trafford. Seriously, have a f***ing word with yourselves man.

Your point about Keegan certainly stands, but this whole not understanding what NUFC means because you're not from, or in Newcastle is sweepy.You're constantly banging on about what NUFC means to you as if the rest of us aren't worthy of your own vociferous loyalty. I'm not questioning yours, but at times it's like you question everybody elses, and it's fuckin bang out of order.

I have never said you cannot understand what NUFC means if you're not a Geordie. Of course you can as this forum proves. However Newcastle United will never ever mean as much to none Geordies as it does to Geordies and if no-one can accept that then tough luck, its true and always will be. You can understand the loss, the win and whatever and of course share in such emotions, but you'll not feel these things like a Geordie does/will because in part its not just about the football but about being a Geordie and this City of ours which NUFC represents.

You can understand what KK did for us, what he means and can share in it, but you'll never quite feel what he did or appreciate what he done the way a Geordie does or would because again it isn't about the football only. Why is KK such a messiah in the first place, Shearer even? Is Sir Bobby considered one? No and that's not because he didn't achieve things here, he did, its because in KK and Shearer they both went beyond the boundries of duty.

KK came here first as a player who had won it all, he dropped down a division still as England captain to play for a ram shackled nothing club going nowhere really. He was a superstar, a national and global one, and he chose us, over an offer from Man Utd no less.

Why? For the money? he was being paid very well but no more than what he could have earned at say Man Utd or with any other club like ours at the time, looking for someone to sell tickets and galvanise aspirations of making it into the top-flight. Whatever he earned, the club made much much more out of his name, much more. Indeed that was part of the deal, that he would endorse commercial interests of the club's and its sponsors which he did.

No, he chose us because he felt he owed his dad it, a Geordie himself, and saw something in this club of ours and us as fans not many did, not even our own directors and fans, massive massive potential and that we deserved much better. He empathised with the club.

As a manager he answered the call no-one else would have at a time where going down looked a certainty and with it bankruptcy which would have condemned the club to the times your Sheff Wed's have went through, yo-yoing the leagues and forever trying to make enough money to get out of the s***. I doubt we'd still be playing at SJP. It would have been much cheaper to build a new stadium than rebuild what was at the time, an ageing and dilapidated ground that would need Premier League revenue to help rebuild. Forget the Leazes stadium plans either, we would have ended up with a Riverside Stadium type ground, 30K max as that would have been our general crowds if that, built miles away on cheap land.

SJH actually had no intentions of remaining in control at the start, the original idea was to buy all the shares, keep us up and then sell it back to the fans. That never materialised so he reluctantly agreed to stay in control with the idea on consolidating after staying up and building the club back up over a number of years. KK was having none of that though. He wanted us in that top-flight the following season and he was as good as his word in taking us up and in some style too, on less of a budget than Derby, Wolves and a few others who got nowhere near KK's side. To many the finest season in terms of football we've had in over half a century, even better than 95-96.

What you see before you today was all driven by KK. SJP - KK said "a top team needs a world-class stadium. These fans need world-class facilities." It was his drive and ambition that drove the club on in every area from ground redevelopment to competing for the top honours.

His time at our club as manager didn't just impact the club but helped this City of ours get back off its knees where it had fallen to and energised a whole people into believing that they, their club and their City ought to expect the best and nothing but the best. KK proved that this club of ours can compete for the top honours, can play great football, can attract top stars and can fulfil all our hopes and dreams and just for that alone he's a hero because back then, no-one else believe in us quite the same, not Sir Bobby Robson nor Alan Shearer who wouldn't have giving us a second glance if it were not for KK.

But he's a coward, a prick and no legend of Newcastle United.

A coward is someone who doesn't stand up for what he or she believe in or accepts something he or she doesn't believe in.

Kevin Keegan's decision to walk away has since been vindicated by the actions, decisions and none decisions of the powers that be. People who would have handed a manager like Joe Kinnear a permanent contract. people who didn't even do due diligence. People who are such cowards, they don't stand up for something they believe in - ergo Wise's departure. I said in the Wise leaving thread not to be fooled by their decision. He only went so they could get Shearer in, Shearer only came in because Joe Kinnear would not be returning this season after all which we all f***ing knew he wouldn't do and that they would be mad to even want him back. But that's the people that run our club. That's the people that KK tried and failed to work with, to get along with, to try but fail to get them to run this club in the way only a man like KK (and latterly Shearer) understand and know - professionally, competently and with ambition.

I welcome Shearer's return but I know why he's here and it ain't for footballing reasons. He's here because he's the last throw of the dice. He's here to prevent Ashley from losing more money.

If he wasn't so stupid he would have never let KK leave. Had he not, we would be looking at the next 7 games with an eye on Europe possibly, rather than relegation, something this club hasn't really had to contend with since 92 when some former player came out of retirement to save us and this is the thanks he gets...

You're well out of it Kevin, well out of it. There is no place in the game nor this club for people like you. People with a heart, principles, courage, ambition and an understanding of what our football club's mean to us, something your foreign fans will never ever quite get, no matter how hard they try and want to. Sorry but that's just the way it is. Don't like it go and support your local club/team, you'll then "get it".

This is exactly what Im getting at though HTT. Its like preaching to the converted about what the club all means and all this. I know, I assume everyone else knows. Its a given.  I admire your passion, and maybe its me that should be more passionate on here, but sometimes its like you should change your name to OTT.

I'm not even agreeing with this whole thing about Keegan being a coward either, it's daft, and based on fuck all. Whereas his love for the club is based upon, well we know what its based on, it doesn't need to be repeated.

The funny this is, you're saying that I'm not going to know what a Geordie feels towards the club. Well, I am a Geordie, Ive lived in Newcastle all my life (minus the last 5 months), does that now justify my passion as righteous? Has your entire opinion now changed knowing that I'm a Geordie, and why has it changed? I'm not saying that non-Geordie have the same passion as us either, I'm merely saying that you don't know, and if I wasn't a Geordie and read what you'd written I'd be mightily angry and hurt, and probably develop a chip on my shoulder about trying to prove to others about how much I love NUFC. Ironically, something that I see in your posts sometimes.

When he arrived the club couldn't afford players or even an assistant's salary so KK paid Terry Mac out of his own pocket and indeed bought kit and boots for the schoolboy players on our books . He went beyond the call of duty with those acts but went even further when he told Sir John Hall that if he couldn't keep us up, not to pay him. He even said that if Sir John Hall wanted out, KK would buy half a stake in the club and run it for the two of them.

There's a lot that one could debate in your post, Chris, but this leapt out at me. Where did you get this information from?

It certainly doesn't fit the picture of the bloke who walked out on the club with about 8 games to go of that season, and needed to be persuaded by Terry McDermott to return.

I'm sure those points are in his book

But I'm astonished at the vitroil hurled at Keegan on here, but then again I'm also astonished at the vitroil hurled at the people who backed him up and supported him.

I basically put it down to the fact that pretty much everybody who does this hasn't got any idea whatsoever the state the club was in when they all found it.

Whatever.

no.

im not old or balding, but im enjoying pulling your leg, old trype.

despite his name, he's only about 16, it seems.

There is so much in this area outside of the football club that owes a lot to Keegan.  He made things happen.  For example, Durham CCC will tell you that his support at the beginning was a major influence in attracting investors.

The regeneration of the city and the rise of the club went hand in hand as well.

As another old'un, KK will always be my idol and I hate the way he is generally portrayed today.  I think it is unfair and I respect him for sticking to his principles.

BTW, I was never aware that Robson was a Newcastle fan until he became our manager and as others have said, he would never have come near this club had it not been for its transformation under Keegan.

Through some ghastly combination of factors, I've ended up with both NE5 and cp40 having personal vendettas against me :lol:

Funny.

no vendetta, you're just talking rubbish.

I don't know if you agree or not, don't particularly care if you do or don't!. KK the second time around in my opinion was not the same KK the first time he seemed to have lost the little bit fire in his belly. I was gutted when he left the first time absolutely pissed off the second time.

I don't know if you agree or not, don't particularly care if you do or don't!. KK the second time around in my opinion was not the same KK the first time he seemed to have lost the little bit fire in his belly. I was gutted when he left the first time absolutely pissed off the second time.

I agree with this, but I think that the reason for it, is because he quickly realised he wasn't going to get the support he thought he would get, and hung on for as long as he could rather than have the cockney bullshitters [and those who hang onto what they say] harp on again about this "quitter" rubbish [the same people who slated people like McLaren, Hoddle and Eriksoon for not having the integrity to quit the England job.

I just wish Shearer had been appointed 16 months ago after Sam Allardyce was sacked. Instead, yesterday's man Keegan was appointed instead of tomorrow's man.

Interesting comment.

And completely accurate.

Newcastle have had one legendary manager, and his name was Bobby Robson, not Kevin Keegan.  One man was sacked and still turned up to see the club he loves despite being seriously ill.  The other f***ed off to play golf while we were sucked into a relegation battle. 

This thread should be titled 'I Love Bobby Robson.'  No buts about it.

Who's a special little boy...

If we were dead last in the Championship with over half the season gone and no players to buy or sell do you think Robson even answers the phone to manage us?

And Robson only accepted the our board's approaches - after having knocked us back once before - after the curtains had well & truly closed on his management days over on the continent imo. The Newcastle job, when he stepped into the hotseat, at his age was his last port of call in the management game, in terms of taking hold of the reigns at a big club. A club with the necessary ambition at boardroom level to match his own goals.

Chicago...

Says a lot.

Yeah, f*** me what do I know.  Although you do have SBR calling Keegan yesterday's man as well, but he's just a mouthpiece for Ashley as well.  Poor old King Kev, misunderstood by everyone.

Newcastle have had one legendary manager

[glow=red,2,300]You wouldn't be supporting the club if it wasn't not for KK man.

Sir Bobby would never have done what KK did, come to an ailing second division club on the brink of relegation and going bust and that's not me having a dig at the man, just putting things into perspective. In fact without KK there would have been no Sir Bobby. They are both legends, as is Harvey the last man who won us a trophy who you conveniently failed to mention. I can understand people still being pissed off about KK leaving but f*** me, its getting sillier and sillier to the point where its as if what he's achieved for this club (basically he saved us and paved the way for Sir Bobby and those high finishes and CL nights) didn't happen. You being a foreigner cannot possibly comprehend what KK means to the people of this club even outside of football matters so stick your s**** where it belongs.[/glow]

:clap:

In agreement once again...................... a predicament so often scarce until recently.

As for the section placed in bold. Despite KK's impact, as manager, Robson still knocked back our previous advances - when SBR's  career priority was firmly planted over on the continent, whether it be in the dug-out or at the footballing front office level ie. Barca.

Robson deserves his level of praise for what he achieved here as manager, but he is by no means a shitless saint either as Chicago Shearer would have us believe.

he was the only person with the guts to take over in 1992 though - maybe its YOUR comment that doesn't make sense

And Shearer, amidst the club's current plight, falls into a similar stanza, and *the current predicament is more precarious than 1992 imo. Despite any misgivings i have for him - ie. reasons i have posted previously: in some very old threads - as a manager he's shown a healthy amount of intestinal fortitude by stepping into Ashley's induced shower of s***, and for that i tip my hat off to him.

*fewer games in hand. In the wake of Kinnear's season of anti-football there's no luxury of having a necessary adjustment period ie. re-educating this team in the simple art of playing effective passing football with shape, width & movement. There was an adjustment phase last season, as the manager re-educated the team, all the while as the team was in the initial phase of adopting the necessary confidence & belief needed to execute the gameplan on matchday as it was coached on the training paddock.

And the results were there to see, we copped some floggings early on during Keegan Chapter Two. Keegan emplored them to play football - as noted above - against the big boys, before the results eventually swung our way in the must win games against the sides who were thereabouts with us on the table.

And our revival wasn't immediate - although the arrival of Kilcline delivered some much needed authority & leadership to a consistently slaughtered back 4 - during the survival campaign of 92 as well, and Shearer doesn't have that same luxury on his doorstep ie. the ability to make such an impact signing ala Kilcline.