Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United | Sun 19th Apr - White Hart Lane @ 1:30pm

Kaizero

If we really go for it in the opening 20 minutes at WHL I really fancy us to get something.

Shame Martins is a doubt because he always seems to excel in this type of the game, lots of space for him to hurt defenders as he did against Villa, Man U and Arsenal.

I'm not expecting anything from this fixture. I just want to see my team wear their hearts on their sleeves and put 200% in. I want to see the same passion as what will be shown in the stands. I want to see us show our loyalty/passion/love for the badge, the club, the fans, and the area. Then I will be satisfied.

If we take anything from todays game it will be vital, and 3 points aren't exactly impossible to get there. I hope we attack the game and get in their faces nice and early - continuing it for the rest of the game.

Despite our clubs recent position I'm still proud of them as we all are - I'm very proud to say I'm a Geordie and I hope the players show this too!

You make your own luck and by putting the graft in we'll get some luck.

HOWAY THE TOON!!

Guest Albert Square

No doubt if we lose later the media and morons will be acting like we are mathematically down.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Looks like its going to be

....................................Harper...................................

..................Beye..........Taylor.........Bassong.............

Taylor................Butt.............Nolan.....................Duff

.................................Jonas......................................

........................Owen..............Viduka..........................

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2009/04/19/viduka-ready-to-spur-on-the-magpies-strikeforce-79310-23416823/

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2009/04/19/viduka-ready-to-spur-on-the-magpies-strikeforce-79310-23416823/

We could do a lot worse... Edgar could consider himself unlucky though, he played better last week than S. Taylor has for most games in the black and white. I didn't once see him get strange ideas about marauding forward into the opposition area and leaving us exposed at the back.

Guest Stephen927

I'm not expecting anything from this fixture. I just want to see my team wear their hearts on their sleeves and put 200% in. I want to see the same passion as what will be shown in the stands. I want to see us show our loyalty/passion/love for the badge, the club, the fans, and the area. Then I will be satisfied.

If we take anything from todays game it will be vital, and 3 points aren't exactly impossible to get there. I hope we attack the game and get in their faces nice and early - continuing it for the rest of the game.

Despite our clubs recent position I'm still proud of them as we all are - I'm very proud to say I'm a Geordie and I hope the players show this too!

You make your own luck and by putting the graft in we'll get some luck.

HOWAY THE TOON!!

:clap2:  :clap:

If you're being paid £3 million a year you shouldn't need persuading to play football.

I genuinely dont think footballers think like that. They are obviously driven by money of course but I think when it comes to doing stuff on the pitch, what gets them going is massaging their ego's to make them feel "special"

thats not it. these guys have been playing football everyday since they were 5-6 years old. they have done literally nothing else in their life and by the time you get to the end of your career your motivation really dries up. Someone like viduka doesn't even need the money anymore so there is another motivating factor gone. sports are no longer fun when u play them that much. it becomes like a job. and I am sure everyone has not wanted to go to work at some point.

Those are fair points, but with Viduka we're not just talking about a player who's not playing well - he hasn't been playing at all.

The vast majority of top professionals do care about whether or not they're in the first team. They'd never have had the drive to reach the top in the first place if they hadn't. With Viduka, I sometimes feel there's a bit missing. He's so talented, he's been able to get away with this kind of behaviour, but what could he have achieved if he'd put heart and soul into it.

a lot of papers have gone for this, but with smith in instead of nolan.

Guest Phil K

Well up for it today, think we've got a good chance! 2-0 to us.

WE are always up for it.

Sadly, it doesn't seem to get through to the players

I really am amazed that after seeing the worst central midfield pairing in the league for at least 2 seasons now that we've done absolutely nothing about it. If we're gonna pick Butt and Nolan then we may as well just play 9 men.

Guest LucaAltieri

It doesnt matter how motivated you are.

If you are too old and slow youve had it.

Someone hasn't seen Rocky.

If Viduka's fit, that looks like a well-balanced side.

Even so, I'd be inclined to play Carroll because Spurs aren't too clever on set pieces.