Great things about Newcastle United Football Club

Dave

Another great thing about this club was the whole away end 'singing' Local Hero at Cardiff in 2005.

The hairs on the back on my neck stood up watching that & hearing it again.

Makes you proud as f***.

Really makes a mockery of when people say they don't like it as the song to run out to!

Also, would probably sound good at away grounds just the fans doing that as well even without the music.

Another great thing about this club was the whole away end 'singing' Local Hero at Cardiff in 2005.

The hairs on the back on my neck stood up watching that & hearing it again.

Makes you proud as f***.

Really makes a mockery of when people say they don't like it as the song to run out to!

Also, would probably sound good at away grounds just the fans doing that as well even without the music.

What good idea.........Heza.......Kane.....Ultras.....make it happen.

Alan Shearer is our manager and he knows what it means. Sunderland have only recently scored more Premier League goals than he did on his own.

Ha ha, I didnt realise that!

Great stuff!

Yep

Honestly this stat has just made my day!

Sunderland:  279

Shearer:       260

Honestly man, any excuse for me to get that stat out. I f***ing love it.

Everything about the region, even though im not from Newcastle (lots of my family are), as soon as I pass through the tunnel I feel 'home'.

Everything about the club just feels right.

Living in Cheshire, im surrounded by glory hunters, hell, even the Northwich Victoria fans are laughing at me!

The day we win something, you just know that Newcastle is going to turn into a party zone for months and the media are going to hate it!

Everything about the region, even though im not from Newcastle (lots of my family are), as soon as I pass through the tunnel I feel 'home'.

So true. Not a true Geordie myself but i get that very same feeling walking out of Central station, and i guess it's largely why i intend on spending my next three years at the place. Walking up Pink Lane and whatnot from Neville Street, up to the ground, then seeing the Gallowgate jutting out past the university building (i take a pretty odd route which i swear is faster than any other fucker's)... absolutely brilliant.

I don't know, it's the club that I gave my heart to at the age of 9.

I was born in Newcastle, but we left when I was very young. I moved around a lot as a kid, to Aberdeen, Dunfermline, London, Brisbane and eventually Manchester, but I didn't take the easy option of supporting Man U. And I think the reason was that my mother had very good memories of her time at Newcastle. She remembers it as the place where the people were the most friendly, most generous and most helpful to a young mum.

Aah. Just wanted to share that with you.

Newcastle United is the only entity,that has been in my life,that I've never fallen out of love with,that I've never felt pessimistic about,irrespective of how we're doing,come 3 o clock Saturday afternoons,that I've successfully argued about,to fans of non-entity clubs,how much better it is to follow a club which has fans like ours,a role call of legends that is equivalent to any club ever...i'm so proud of being a bred Geordie...i have cried about us....but also celebrated uncontrollably about us too.

Guest Heneage

It just fills me with pride I guess. I have mates who support teams a lot better than mine who win more and have better players, but when I'm in the ground be it working or spectating, I just get that feeling, hairs on the back of the neck stuff that I just couldn't feel at any other team.

Moments when its been at its best.

Milners goal against Man United, as I was stood in the middle of 3,000 mancs with the biggest smirk on my face ever.

Owen's goal 3 minutes in.

Solano's penalty against Liverpool and being infront of him as he celebrated.

We might win bugger all I feel a sense of pride in telling people I support newcastle.

Guest Immsy7

The fact that no matter how bad a season we have had, and no matter what other people may say...we WILL stay up!

I can't wait for next season, regardless of what league we're in.

Exactly. I'll just be as optimistic and excited for the new season if we were relegated as i would if we were in the Premiership . We may be not being playing the best opposition but you know what , who cares , i go to watch my team , Newcastle United FC. 

Howay the Lads.  :weep:

Guest firetotheworks

Bump.

Looking around this place at the moment, it's like a digital graveyard. Surely we have something light hearted or good to say about NUFC even now? This is the darkest time I've known, but Im determined to not let it leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Who's with me!?

:tumbleweed:

Guest firetotheworks

We could win a trophy...The Championship.

Im trying to imagine the types of 'celebration' that will happen.

We could win a trophy...The Championship.

Im trying to imagine the types of 'celebration' that will happen.

We will be overjoyed and not invade the pitch like small clubs do. Drink like we've never drunk before and then go home and back to thïs forum to threads like "Alan Shearer - Your a God" and "How will Kaz do in the Prem" - after winning player of the season.

I remember the feeling the last time we went down. Obviously I was gutted however when those initial feelings had gone, I was very excited at the thought that we would win on a regular basis again, in the lower division. I had got fed up of being beat, week in and week out.

Obviously relegation will be disasterous for us when it happens, what's important though is for the club and the fans to not dwell on it for too long and get on with planning for hopefully coming back up at the first time of asking (which correct me if I'm wrong would be the first time we've done that in our history). Of course there should be an inquest into what went wrong this season, but my hope will be that that is completed quick and decesive action is taken to ensure we hit the ground running in planning for the fizzy pop league.