Joey Barton

JJ7

I think the whole thing has been a bit OTT tbh. People are acting like he's committed assault again and is about to go back to prison. I find it laughable that some have even suggested his psychological complex that makes him always need to the centre of attention. The truth is Barton does care about this football club, yes he certainly isn't the brightest but he has passion and if you took that out of him he wouldn't be the player he is. The Guthrie tackle on Fagan springs to mind, he like Barton was immensely frustrated at the game, the situation we were in and the result and he hit out and let his emotions get the better of him. The exact same thing has happened on Sunday, Barton a player who thinks he can really make a difference is stuck out on the right, the result is a foregone conclusion and he's also losing to a team who are his local rivals, and he's taken it out on the player who has pissed him off the most. I actually feel sorry for Barton this time, he is without doubt a talented footballer and he showed that during the first 45, he's done something silly nobody can deny that but i feel he's being vindicated to the max here.

The tackle itself was hardly that bad being 50/50 red, at worst it was pretty reckless challenge, but dangerous? definitely not, he has won the ball 20 years ago he may not have even been booked. From this everyone has over-reacted, the post-game bust-up is hardly an uncommon feature, players and managers have words all the time just like colleagues and managers do in an office, it is after all human nature to disagree. Joey's comments were obviously not the best but let's not forget Shearer himself was hardly a shrinking violet intially calling Barton s***, which got the reaction of s*** manager, s*** tactics if the reports are to be believed.

Shearer himself also has to take a portion of the blame albeit a small one. He should have learnt from this, that some players require more care and attention than others and it was hardly a huge mistake but playing Barton RM wasn't wise, because it has obviously led to some of the frustration. He knew Barton thought he could make a difference for th rest of the season and Al even said himself he's itching to get back from what he'd seen in training but then he plays him out of position and it wasn't that hard to foresee that such an eager player wouldn't react well to being played in a position where he can't do much. It must be something about the area because Rooney used to be the same when he played in midfield.

It's a shame really because Barton is a loss in footballing terms, i do have a sneaky feeling he will be a Newcastle player next season, because people will hopefully realise this has been a mass dramatisation once the dust has settled but because a fit and happy Joey Barton could be a potentially excellent player.

Hilarious stuff. I love the bit that suggests it's Shearer's fault for sticking him on the right wing.  :lol:

I think the whole thing has been a bit OTT tbh. People are acting like he's committed assault again and is about to go back to prison. I find it laughable that some have even suggested his psychological complex that makes him always need to the centre of attention. The truth is Barton does care about this football club, yes he certainly isn't the brightest but he has passion and if you took that out of him he wouldn't be the player he is. The Guthrie tackle on Fagan springs to mind, he like Barton was immensely frustrated at the game, the situation we were in and the result and he hit out and let his emotions get the better of him. The exact same thing has happened on Sunday, Barton a player who thinks he can really make a difference is stuck out on the right, the result is a foregone conclusion and he's also losing to a team who are his local rivals, and he's taken it out on the player who has pissed him off the most. I actually feel sorry for Barton this time, he is without doubt a talented footballer and he showed that during the first 45, he's done something silly nobody can deny that but i feel he's being vindicated to the max here.

The tackle itself was hardly that bad being 50/50 red, at worst it was pretty reckless challenge, but dangerous? definitely not, he has won the ball 20 years ago he may not have even been booked. From this everyone has over-reacted, the post-game bust-up is hardly an uncommon feature, players and managers have words all the time just like colleagues and managers do in an office, it is after all human nature to disagree. Joey's comments were obviously not the best but let's not forget Shearer himself was hardly a shrinking violet intially calling Barton s***, which got the reaction of s*** manager, s*** tactics if the reports are to be believed.

Shearer himself also has to take a portion of the blame albeit a small one. He should have learnt from this, that some players require more care and attention than others and it was hardly a huge mistake but playing Barton RM wasn't wise, because it has obviously led to some of the frustration. He knew Barton thought he could make a difference for th rest of the season and Al even said himself he's itching to get back from what he'd seen in training but then he plays him out of position and it wasn't that hard to foresee that such an eager player wouldn't react well to being played in a position where he can't do much. It must be something about the area because Rooney used to be the same when he played in midfield.

It's a shame really because Barton is a loss in footballing terms, i do have a sneaky feeling he will be a Newcastle player next season, because people will hopefully realise this has been a mass dramatisation once the dust has settled but because a fit and happy Joey Barton could be a potentially excellent player.

Hilarious stuff. I love the bit that suggests it's Shearer's fault for sticking him on the right wing.  :lol:

Nah, i said he had a very small part to play, which he did. Have you not asked yourself why Joey Barton, our best midfielder was stuck RW when Smith and Butt were still together. IF the manager wanted more protection from wingers to the back 4, why didn't he put Smith there?

What does JK think of this? Is Barton going to get re-instated when he comes back?

I don't think he is coming back. There haven't been any soundbites in the media or anything like that from him in ages.

Fwiw I think if he did come back, he'd want Barton in the squad.

Excellent post

The point with Barton is, relatively speaking his latest 'crime' (a stupid tackle meaning we lose him for the last 3 games of a close relegation battle followed by shouting at the manager) is minor compared to his previous crimes but you have to draw the line somewhere. All the crimes add up to one huge portfolio. You suggest Shearer calling Barton "shit" after Barton had said he was the best player at the club is an excuse for him calling Shearer "shit". Do you think it would have been ok for Beckham to head butt Alex Ferguson after he threw that boot at him?

Barton may be a pretty decent footballer but he just can't control himself. He was specifically told to keep his head and not get sent off and he did the opposite. The man's an idiot.

Guest Phil K

His value on the pitch is nil.

And what is the on-pitch value of midfilders who don't create or stop the other side ?

I refer to the rest of our useless pillocks - most of whom you wouldn't notice if THEY were sent off.

The people on here making excuses for Barton seem to be forgetting his history.

I've been anti Barton from the first day he walked into NUFC because of his assault on his own team mate at the time Ousmane Dabo, when he knocked the guy out cold almost with his first blow, and then continued to pound his head whilst he was unconscious. Now that's not the action of an overzealous competitor, that's the action of a psychopath.

Joey Barton is akin to a wife beater who professes to love the person he hurts the most, he pleads for another chance promising it will never happen again. Those around him know he will never change, but the question is do they have the courage to say enough is enough and get rid.

Well Alan Shearer and, to give him credit, Mike Ashley, have decided that enough is enough and Barton is on his way out of NUFC, despite how much it will cost the club in monetary terms, because we will be better off without him in so many other ways.

Guest Phil K

He's a prat who doesn't learn from his mistakes, true enough.

What I object to is when our own fans join forces with football journos I despise to attack our own team via him.

He's a prat who doesn't learn from his mistakes, true enough.

What I object to is when our own fans join forces with football journos I despise to attack our own team via him.

I appreciate the sentiment and I would agree if it were true. But any Newcastle fan who is anti-Barton is pro-Newcastle United....

Guest Howaythetoon

An average footballer who has done sweet FA at Newcastle other than cause us further embarrassment is not the kind of 'person' I want representing my club so the powers that be and the manager have every right to suspend him and with any luck will get shot as soon as possible once this wretched season is over. How anyone can defend Barton over any of this or criticise the manager and the club's decision need their heads examined. This club has been torn apart from within for too long and for once it seems someone shares that same sense of pride that we as fans do for our club. Not that we should be surprised as Shearer is one of us after all.

he's not an average footballer when he puts his mind to it. When he was at City in the 06/07 season he looked really good and practically kept them up on his own. If he'd just stop being such a prick he'd be a very highly regarded player, that's the annoying thing.

He'll never change though.  :no:

I have tried to like known wankers like Bowyer & Barton while they played for NUFC, lets hope the club never signs wankers like these lads again.

HE IS BACK!

PC fixed?

Problem is although when he's played he's looked better than the shower of shite we have playing in midfield, he hasn't been pulling up any trees either though. Plus he hasn't, through injury or stupidness, played nearly enough games.

Throw in the fact that he (as others before him) have dragged the clubs name through the gutter ever since he's been here, the time has come to get rid.

Get whatever money we can, get his ridiculously high non value for money wages off the clubs bill and hopefully get a couple of hungry young players in.

We've all got to have a dream don't we?

get ready for pennant

I have tried to like known wankers like Bowyer & Barton while they played for NUFC, lets hope the club never signs wankers like these lads again.

get ready for pennant

Guest Momomomo

LIVERPOOL, England (AP) — Xabi Alonso will miss Liverpool's match at West Ham on Saturday after failing to recover from a foot injury inflicted by Joey Barton's illegal challenge that resulted in the Newcastle midfielder's dismissal.

The Spain midfielder is still badly bruised from Barton's sliding tackle in Sunday's 3-0 victory over Newcastle.

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez said Friday: "We had an idea that he could be fit for this game but in the end it was impossible."

Fernando Torres will return from a hamstring strain for the match at West Ham that the Reds must win to keep the pressure on Premier League leader Manchester United.

Strangely enough, I think Alan Shearer would be exactly the type of manager that Barton is going to need if he is to get his career back on the rails. One who won't indulge his retarded antics and will kick his arse when he steps out of line. If Barton really wants to make something of himself he should be begging Shearer to forgive him and let him stay.

Strangely enough, I think Alan Shearer would be exactly the type of manager that Barton is going to need if he is to get his career back on the rails. One who won't indulge his retarded antics and will kick his arse when he steps out of line. If Barton really wants to make something of himself he should be begging Shearer to forgive him and let him stay.

I agree.  I thought Barton would really respect Shearer's passion.  He probably does, I'm sure he regrets his temper, but it will always creep back it seems.

Guest The Libertine

on a night when every player and fan stood up and dug in to try and save the club, where is this prick?

i hope he never plays for us again and with shearer in charge, "players" like this wont.

on a night when every player and fan stood up and dug in to try and save the club, where is this prick?

i hope he never plays for us again and with shearer in charge, "players" like this wont.

He was probably at home since he's not allowed at St. James' Park.

Guest The Libertine

He was probably at home since he's not allowed at St. James' Park.

exactly. when we need everyone pulling together, he's the one player who isnt and never has. lovenkrands has shown him up completely.